SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-01-21, 09:01 AM   #7276
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 09:12 AM   #7277
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

India's health ministry has reported 127,510 new cases of coronavirus over the last 24 hours - its lowest daily rise since 8 April - as deaths rose by 2,795

The World Health Organization (WHO) is renaming Covid variants with Greek letters in an attempt to simplify discussions and remove stigma.

The EU's ambassador to the UK says he hopes those wanting to holiday in Europe later this summer will find the process a lot easier, with many British citizens coming to the EU and many EU citizens visiting the UK

Poland said it will offer the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine to children as young as 12

Germany has lowered its coronavirus risk assessment from very high to high - for the first time in six months

Iraq has recorded its first death from mucormycosis, known as black fungus, which is linked to a Covid treatment.

Russia has announced that it will allow flights to the UK and seven other countries to resume from 2 June, but travel restrictions to Turkey and Tanzania have been extended for another three weeks.

In Turkey, the daily overnight curfew will begin an hour later from today and restaurants will reopen to a limited number of customers. The country went into lockdown for three weeks in late April following a spike in cases.

Germany has pledged to crack down on fraud at coronavirus testing centres, after reports emerged that a some had been claiming government funding for tests that had not been carried out.

France opened up Covid-19 vaccines to all adults on Monday, in what Prime Minister Jean Castex described as a symbolic day. President Emmanuel Macron was among those who received a jab, tweeting: “Vaccinated!”

Peruvians had long suspected they weren't getting the true picture of the country's dire coronavirus situation from the government.
The revised figure for Covid-19 related deaths shows they were right to be doubtful. In fact, the government has admitted the real number is more than twice the previous figure. The official number of deaths has jumped from 69,342 to 180,282

Nearly 171 million cases of Covid have been reported worldwide since the pandemic began, according to Johns Hopkins University data.
The global death toll has also climbed to over 3.5 million. The US, India and Brazil continue to have the highest number of cases and deaths.

Old 06-01-21, 09:43 AM   #7278
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

The World Health Organization (WHO) is renaming Covid variants with Greek letters in an attempt to simplify discussions and remove stigma.
"Oh dear, you look terrible are you OK?"

"Yeah, I just got hit with a Corona Pi."

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-21, 10:57 AM   #7279
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The government has announced no Covid deaths in all four nations of the UK.

There was a day in July last year when there were zero reported deaths but that was put in the dataset retrospectively, after death data changed to within 28 days of a positive test.

Today is the first time during the pandemic that Government has announced zero deaths in its daily update.

But this milestone comes amid calls to delay easing Covid restrictions in England on 21 June amid warnings of a third wave of infections.

The UK's daily death rate, the number of people being admitted to hospital and those catching the virus have fallen from January's peak.

And some 74.9% of the adult population have received a first dose of Covid vaccine and more than a third have had both doses.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-57313078

Old 06-01-21, 11:08 AM   #7280
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
The news media, in its zealous policing of the boundaries of the permissible, insisted that Russiagate was ever so true but that the lab-leak hypothesis was false false false, and woe unto anyone who dared disagree. Reporters gulped down whatever line was most flattering to the experts they were quoting and then insisted that it was 100% right and absolutely incontrovertible — that anything else was only unhinged Trumpist folly, that democracy dies when unbelievers get to speak, and so on.
Right on. Man, best summary of the situation I've read lately.

If the Wuhan lab-leak hypothesis is true, expect a political earthquake
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-origins-china
Old 06-01-21, 11:14 AM   #7281
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

^ Too much of an earthquake, maybe. I wonder whether many Western govenrments will not prefer to conspire with Bejing to keep it under cover so that they must not formulate uncomfortable truths and hostile polices at home when confronting China. Also, unwelcomed questiosn aboth the role of the Un service, namely the WHo, would be asked if the lab thoery gets provne right - but in many Wetsern states, UN instititution are by defintion the always good heroes in shiny armour. But where there is no enemy or evil-doer called out, there is no need of a fight. Sounds like the easier way.
Old 06-01-21, 12:42 PM   #7282
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Right on. Man, best summary of the situation I've read lately.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-origins-china
That's why I personally decided to believe the bat-theory.

I'm to scared to think what will happen if the lab-theory is correct.

As Skybird also wrote
"I wonder whether many Western govenrments will not prefer to conspire with Bejing to keep it under cover so that they must not formulate uncomfortable truths and hostile polices at home when confronting China."

Maybe they are cowardice in their thinking too.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-21, 06:04 AM   #7283
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I wouldn't call it a theory, I'd call it a goddamn fact.

DANCE WITH DEATH China’s gung ho biolabs have ‘REPEATEDLY released deadly viruses onto the world’ – so Covid ‘lab leak’ is no shock
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/151265...ovid-lab-leak/
Old 06-02-21, 06:57 AM   #7284
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-02-21, 10:43 AM   #7285
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

What do Buddahaid and Aktung and Vienna have in common?

They are now entered into the multi-million dollar lottery for anyone in the state of California that got at least one Covid-19 shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna
I finally got the first Covid jab; I'm to receive the second jab just after mid-June, and I hope it goes as well as the first...
California announces $116.5 million in vaccine incentives as demand dips

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ve-updates-us/
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-21, 09:48 AM   #7286
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-03-21, 09:54 AM   #7287
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Portugal is set to be moved from UK's green travel lists to amber - meaning that people can only travel there for essential reasons.

And it looks likely no new countries will be added to the green lists when the latest update is confirmed later.

Seven more countries are set to be added to the red lists, indicating they should only be visited in extreme circumstances.

They are Afghanistan, Bahrain, Costa Rica, Egypt, Sri Lanka, Sudan and Trinidad & Tobago, the BBC understands.

"I understand why people want to travel, of course I do, but we’ve got to make sure we keep this country safe," Matt Hancock says.

Making sure coronavirus vaccines are available "at cost" to poorer nations is a priority, the UK health secretary also says.

17,162 people tested positive for Covid-19 in England in the week to 26 May, up 22% on the previous week and the highest for six weeks.

More than 20 healthcare organisations call for stricter UK guidelines on face masks and other personal protective equipment.

Old 06-03-21, 10:08 AM   #7288
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-03-21, 07:26 PM   #7289
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

So Neal, do we re-name the thread the Wuhan-Fauci virus?
Old 06-04-21, 06:50 AM   #7290
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Portugal moves from the UK's green list to amber from Tuesday - effectively banning holidays there.

No countries will be added to the green list, dashing British holidaymakers' hopes.

Airlines launch extra flights to get Britons home before the deadline.

Travel bosses say the government is failing to stick to its own rules on warning travellers.

The government had previously said there would be a "green watch list" to help people plan.

Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick defends the move, warning of a new variant first identified in Nepal.

The UK's medicines regulator authorises the Pfizer vaccine for use in 12 to 15-year-olds.

The MHRA says clinical trial data shows the jab is "safe and effective in this age group"

Up to 30 people will be able to meet outdoors in Wales from Monday.

The UK records its highest daily number of cases since March, with 5,274 reported on Thursday.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan