Closed Thread

Old 07-26-19, 06:32 PM   #7276
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I still say it was politically motivated, prime example of policing for profit, 22 month long, 35 million dollar, government boondoggle.

Absolutely. The perfect vehicle for the Russians to exploit and the Democrats were eager recipients.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 07-26-19, 08:06 PM   #7277
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I still say it was politically motivated, prime example of policing for profit, 22 month long, 35 million dollar, government boondoggle. Its almost dead, nothing left of the horse now but political high drama, threats, finger pointing, editorials and sound bites.

Reminds me of the never ending Benghazi investigation, which went absolutely no where. Just a Republican show.

Al Capone
Old 07-27-19, 01:06 AM   #7278
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Reminds me of the never ending Benghazi investigation, which went absolutely no where. Just a Republican show.
If 9-11 was "some people did something" then Benghazi was "some people did nothing".
Old 07-27-19, 03:54 PM   #7279
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Reminds me of the never ending *Ken Starr investigation, which went absolutely no where. Just a Republican show.
(*fixed)

Yes I agree, I too see similarities that cost the tax payer their time effort and money for another government dog and pony show.

On the other hand regarding Bengazi that debacle claimed the lives of four U.S. citizens, including a U.S. ambassador. Then Secretary of State Clinton and President Obama took responsibility. Oh and that republican investigation concluded no one person was at fault, there was a colossal breakdown in communication, and a severe lack of preparedness. Which I hope will encourage others to take steps to prevent further lose of life in the future. Yes there was also the usual political hay, hearsay, media drama and controversy which as everyone should know by now is what makes people tune in.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 07-27-19 at 07:14 PM.
Rockstar is online  
Old 07-28-19, 06:26 PM   #7280
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

(I know you wouldn't believe me)

The election in year 2043, a donkey will get most vote.

The Americans is filled up with the ongoing political war between Rep and Dem.

A person put a picture of his donkey and somehow this donkey become very popular.

Well a donkey can't be a President, so the candidate who became second, was elected as the President-Which was...no not a Rep or a Dem...but a third candidate.

(You don't have to believe me)

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 07-28-19, 06:28 PM   #7281
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
(I know you wouldn't believe me)

The election in year 2043, a donkey will get most vote.

The Americans is filled up with the ongoing political war between Rep and Dem.

A person put a picture of his donkey and somehow this donkey become very popular.

Well a donkey can't be a President, so the candidate who became second, was elected as the President-Which was...no not a Rep or a Dem...but a third candidate.

(You don't have to believe me)

Markus

A lot of people in the US would prefer a donkey to the ass in the Oval Office right now...

<O>
Old 07-29-19, 03:18 AM   #7282
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
A lot of people in the US would prefer a donkey to the ass in the Oval Office right now.

...and the other half would have preferred a donkey to the ass that held the office before him, we just didn't whine about it as much.
Old 07-29-19, 02:49 PM   #7283
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
...and the other half would have preferred a donkey to the ass that held the office before him, we just didn't whine about it as much.

All the more reason to get rid of the current ass and his ass-ettes...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 07-29-19 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-29-19, 03:57 PM   #7284
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Is there a hidden message there? That didn't make sense.
Old 07-29-19, 04:23 PM   #7285
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Trump actually said something that I can agree with

Trump calls Baltimore a "disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess".

The only good thing about Baltimore is that it makes DC not look so bad in comparison. And that's saying a lot considering what a "crap" hole DC is.
Old 07-29-19, 04:27 PM   #7286
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Is there a hidden message there? That didn't make sense.

Just made the error of saying "red" instead of "rid"; error remedied...

...much as the error that is Trump should be remedied... and will be in 2020...

<O>
Old 07-29-19, 05:13 PM   #7287
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post

The only good thing about Baltimore is that it makes DC not look so bad in comparison. And that's saying a lot considering what a "crap" hole DC is.

Trump is just playing to his base and, as always, "preaching to the choir"; outside of his minions and Trumpettes, no one is buying his Bandini; much like Trump's taking up the cause of the loser rapper A$AP Rocky, an obvious ploy to play up to Black voters that Trump somehow thinks will come over to his side if they ignore all the racism inherent in Trump and give him cred for freeing Rocky. I don't think the majority of Black voters are going to buy into Trump's fantasies...

In keeping with the trend of Trump's staged actions, the newly revived Federal death penalty executions seems to be a way to not only feed Trump's Trumpettes, it also appears to be a prophylactic move to fend off racism charges further down the campaign trail; the very first Federal prisoner to be executed is an avowed White supremacist and, in making him the 'top of the list' Trump appears to be setting up a defense of 'How can I be a racist? I executed a White supremacist first off.'; I know of the heinous acts committed by the prisoner and there are few more deserving than him of having themselves removed from our society, but it really must suck for him to be the "show execution" intended to bolster Trump's failing reelection bid. The whole timing an means of selection is just a little to neat...

Two-plus years into Trump's term and he hasn't increased his starting poll numbers beyond just a point or two, and has even seen those starting numbers occasionally decrease during that time; even his own in-house pollster and, now, Fox News, have been reporting losing poll numbers for Trump, probably the reason he fired his in-house pollsters and has taken recently to openly criticizing Fox News...

What is really interesting about the poll numbers is just how narrow the 'undecided numbers have been: in most periods, the number of 'undecideds' has not exceeded 4% of the total polled, and, at some points even less than 4%, leaving Trump with very little 'wriggle room' to try and make gains towards a majority; the latest FiveThirtyEight.com sampling of the polls shows a 53.4% disapproval verus a 42.4% disapproval, leaving only 4.2% 'undecided' cushion; even if Trump were to pull all 4.2%, he'd still only have 46.6% of the voters, yet again, as in 2016, not a majority (as he has so desperately desired); in polls where voters were asked i they would or would not vote for Trump, well over half have said the definitely would not vote for Trump. The situation to note is there are several other 'shoes to drop' regarding Trump and his current and past activities; if the DEMs play the long game, they won't have to impeach Trump: the skeletons pushing their way out of his closet probably will do the job of getting him out of the Oval Office for them. One things for very sure: when Trump is out, he is going to be indicted, both on the Federal and State levels. And Trump knows this, which is why he has been flailing so much of late...

<O>
Old 07-29-19, 05:39 PM   #7288
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
Just made the error of saying "red" instead of "rid"; error remedied...

...much as the error that is Trump should be remedied... and will be in 2020...

Ok, that helps. But how does "..and the other half would have preferred a donkey to the ass that held the office before him, we just didn't whine about it as much"

Lead to:

Because we didn't whine about Obama is more reason to get rid of Trump? Still don't understand what you are trying to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post

Yeah, all the big city Democrat strongholds have these problems. They need MO MONEY to solve poverty (been saying for 60 years)

Even the mayor agrees !
Old 07-30-19, 12:38 PM   #7289
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth...ted_States.png

Worsened in the last decades and we see this trend also in other industrial countries. Ironically, this was surely one reason why Trump was indirectly elected but for instance with his "great tax reform" he continues worsening this situation.
Old 07-30-19, 06:58 PM   #7290
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Ok, that helps. But how does "..and the other half would have preferred a donkey to the ass that held the office before him, we just didn't whine about it as much"

Lead to:

Because we didn't whine about Obama is more reason to get rid of Trump? Still don't understand what you are trying to say.

One of the problems with trying to work on three or four things at a time is, quite often, one of those things gets half-done. My response was intended to address this post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post

...in the context of the 'whining' quotients. Your post said...

Quote:

Because we didn't whine about Obama is more reason to get rid of Trump?

...when, in fact, there was a whole lot of whining about Obama, while he was in office, and an awful lot of it was present in postings on these forums. That there was so much whining about Obama and that there is a whole lot more about Trump and his inanities/incompetencies/inabilities/illegalities and various and sundry other grave shortcomings would, if one were to use the Obama Whining Quotient as a metric for removal from office, then the cacophony of complaints about Trump would seem to indicate a more urgent need to remedy an untenable situation. Hope that clears up the intent; there are no hidden messages and, if you'll excuse me, I have to report to my Russian handlers...

Quote:

Yeah, all the big city Democrat strongholds have these problems. They need MO MONEY to solve poverty (been saying for 60 years)

This whole 'rat thing' is just another Trump red herring, intended to deflect attention from his own worsening problems. Big cities have rat problems, always have, and probably always will. A lot of the big US cities have had periods of GOP and DEM administrations, off and on, and unlike the human rats sitting behind the desks in the City Halls, the animal vermin remain regardless of who is in power. Trump is just trying to stir up his dwindling base and trying to keep people from seeing the real problems he has created...

Now, regarding slum conditions, Trump, and his family should be careful where they point their fingers. The Trump family have a long and well documented history as being slumlords and have faced several litigations for violation of health (including rat infestation) and safety violations in rental property they own or have owned, with some situations still being actively pursued. Trump's son-in-law, and fair haired boy, Jared Kushner is likewise compromised when it comes to being untainted in his property dealings; Kushner owns about 9,000 rental units actually in Baltimore and has a less than stellar record:

Kushner properties under renewed scrutiny after Trump calls Baltimore a "rodent infested mess" --

https://www.salon.com/2019/07/29/kus...infested-mess/

Bet Jared wasn't so happy when Trump opened his yap and put the spotlight on his son-in-laws shortcomings...

BTW, back in the late 70s, I worked in the accounting offices of a pest control company here in LA; each day, the service men would bring me the cash and checks they'd received in payments for that day; while logging in and accounting for the returns, I'd have conversations with them and listen to their 'war stories' about their field work; there were a couple of guys who had been in the business for a couple of decades and more and I got to know them really well since they would often spend their down time hanging out in the accounting office (tended to be less hectic than the rest of the site); they were discussing and comparing past and present rat calls they had been on and I asked them where the worst rat infestations were in the LA area; I fully expected them to say something like the East LA barrios or the South Central hoods, but both immediately said, "Beverly Hills". If you are not familiar with the LA area, Beverly Hills is one of the most exclusive, most expensive, areas in the world. I was shocked and asked how that was possible; they said, because of the extensive landscaping with tons of hedges and ivy, etc., and the rich quality of the garbage, the rats just gravitated to the area because it offered the most places to nest and the greatest availability of food sources. Just goes to show: just because someplace looks sparkling clean and well-kept, doesn't mean they aren't above having serious vermin problems...

<O>

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter