SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-26-21, 11:24 AM   #7246
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

And Russia again interferes, putting Western citizens' lives at risk once again.
The Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ) writes:
https://translate.google.com/transla...-17359654.html

A state behaving like this, is not our partner and not our friend. But a murderous enemy. If another nation kills and tries to kill our citizens in peacetimes, that is an act of war, plain and simple.
Old 05-26-21, 01:21 PM   #7247
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 01:24 PM   #7248
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
And Russia again interferes, putting Western citizens' lives at risk once again.

A state behaving like this, is not our partner and not our friend. But a murderous enemy. If another nation kills and tries to kill our citizens in peacetimes, that is an act of war, plain and simple.
Reported four posts earlier

Old 05-26-21, 03:29 PM   #7249
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Remember, every jab we get means one less Refusnik that Neal will have to report to the government when the time comes.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 03:35 PM   #7250
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Yet you are still eager to take their gas pipe.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 03:35 PM   #7251
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Everyone knows that's just a lie started by Trump. Biden agrees with the WHO it all started when some people got their freak on with bats in a nearby cave.

Mickey is probably getting blackmailed by China.
Old 05-26-21, 03:45 PM   #7252
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Again a news story has given antivaxxer blood on their teeth.

Some days ago in a Swedish article it was written that a group of elderly in a retirement home and some nurses was tested positive. One of them had been moved to the local hospital.

Of course some see this as a sign that these vaccine doesn't work.

The vaccine is working-remember it has 90-95 % protection...not from getting infected but from getting very sick but even here there's a little chance a person gets very sick despite their two vaccine.

It is interesting though that a group of elderly got infected at the same retirement home.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 05:01 PM   #7253
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Whacko View Post
I'll be getting my COVID vaccine on the 26th. I am probably going to be the first kid in my grade to get it, and there won't be many who'll get it.
This is the thread to discuss the virus and vaccine, the other thread is to post if you got the vaccine. Simple instructions in post #1, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Remember, every jab we get means one less Refusnik that Neal will have to report to the government when the time comes.
Gee, did I get promoted?
Old 05-26-21, 05:02 PM   #7254
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Vaccines are not a cure all they basically do is simulate an infection. Which causes your body to respond to it as it were the real virus.

Just a guess but Im thinking maybe some people particularly the elderly may have such a weak immune response to the vaccine that its insufficient to combat the actual virus.

No vaccine is perfect.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 05:26 PM   #7255
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Vaccines are not a cure all they basically do is simulate an infection. Which causes your body to respond to it as it were the real virus.

Just a guess but Im thinking maybe some people particularly the elderly may have such a weak immune response to the vaccine that its insufficient to combat the actual virus.

No vaccine is perfect.
I guess a person who is getting their first and second vaccine does not get tested because this vaccine is as you said "all they basically do is simulate an infection" that's why I'm guessing they are first tested 14 to 28 days after they got the second shot.

I could be wrong.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-21, 12:45 AM   #7256
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:

No vaccine is perfect.
In fact vaccines get dosed down for older people. They indeed benefit slightly less, sometimes significantly less from vaccines, the seasonal flu shot as an example. The risk is that the immune system goes bollocks when getting triggered by simulated or real infection, zytokines storming the system and making things worse.

Thats why it is important that the immune system not only gets strenghtened, tooth and claws, but also gets modulated, as it is called, so that less of highly inflammatory and more of less inflammatory cytokines - messager molecules - get produced and used. Herein lies the relevance of vitamine d which is no vitamine but a steroid hormone. It strenghtens AND modulates the i. S.
Old 05-27-21, 07:33 AM   #7257
Skybird
Soaring

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-57267729

Quote:
Readers now long used to articles dismissing the lab-leak theory as a dangerous, fringe conspiracy may be slightly bemused to find it suddenly front-page, presented as an entirely plausible possibility.

The truth is, there's always been plenty of circumstantial evidence to support both competing theories. A zoonotic origin, in which the virus passes naturally from bat to humans, is supported by the fact that coronaviruses have crossed the species barrier in exactly this way before.

There are also plenty of precedents for lab leaks in which researchers get accidentally infected by the virus they're working on. The Wuhan outbreak happens to be on the doorstep of the world's leading laboratory for the collection, study and experimentation on bat coronaviruses.

What's changed is not the evidence - of which there is none so far to prove either scenario - but the politics. The lab-leak theory, born into an environment poisoned by disinformation, was undermined not so much by China's denials, but by the fact it was being pumped by former US President Donald Trump.

My own attempts to look seriously at the lab-leak theory in May last year ran into long and fraught editorial discussions before the report finally made it to publication.

The prevailing narrative has also loomed large over the science. Despite the dominant voices of some leading virologists insisting that only a zoonotic origin needed be investigated, a determined group of scientists has continued to argue that both scenarios should remain on the table.

It may be too late, of course. Wherever the debate goes now, China is extremely unlikely to allow another investigation on its soil.
As if it ever had allowed a neutral, objecitve investigatiooin int ej first. The commission the WHO sent, was heavily impeded and was not allowed to collect its own data - instead it was handed over data that first had been examined by Chinese censors.

However, the auhtor is right. Me too has never ruled out the lab theory either, I onyl said that at that time when I said it the zoonosic theory, by all what had been reprted, so far made more sense for more scinetiists, apparently.

I do not even rule out a deliberate release by China - to bring Western economies into turmoil and have China benefitting from the general downturn and chaos.

And yes, I would absolutely see this as an act of war, and would insist that me must retaliate for such a malicous first strike - it would be biological warfare, a military attack with biological weapons. But for that, just claims are not enough, solid proof and evidence would be needed. China acts so brutally and inhumane these days that certainly nothing is too unimaginable as if this cold, inhumane regime would not be capable to carry it out without remorse. I trust them to do absolutely everything. Everything.

But I demand evidence. Not just claims and hear-say. Evidence. Lets hope it just is not true.

Last edited by Skybird; 05-27-21 at 07:44 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-21, 08:48 AM   #7258
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-27-21, 08:59 AM   #7259
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The health secretary tells MPs the "unsubstantiated allegations" from Dominic Cummings that he lied during the pandemic "are not true"

Matt Hancock was called "completely incapable of doing the job" and accused of lying by the PM's ex-aide.

The health secretary says he has been "straight with people in public and private throughout"

Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer says the Cummings claims illustrate a a sense of "chaos and incompetence" in the government.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson says there is "nothing in the data" to stop the final stage of lifting lockdown in England on 21 June.

GPs in England say they're struggling to keep up with a “tsunami of patients” as the country emerges from lockdown.

China has accused the US of "blame shifting" after President Joe Biden ordered intelligence agencies to investigate how the virus emerged.

France is putting rules on British travellers, meaning from 31 May UK arrivals will have to quarantine for seven days.

Old 05-27-21, 09:01 AM   #7260
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Belgium has halted use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine for anyone under 41, after a woman died in hospital with thrombosis clot and low blood platelets. The EU’s medicines agency is reviewing the case. The same age rules already apply in Belgium to the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine. So far most J&J doses have been given to over-45s in Belgium.

The Spanish government has reached an initial agreement with unions and business groups to prolong the country’s furlough scheme until the end of September. The ERTE scheme currently supports over half a million workers. At its peak it was helping 3.6 million people.

German federal and state leaders will consider what to do about vaccinating children, at a summit today. Two vaccine makers are applying for EU approval for over 12s but political leaders have to decide if the risk of children getting Covid is lower than potential side effects of a vaccine. Meanwhile Austria’s health ministry believes the EU’s medicines agency is set to approve the Pfizer vaccine for 12-15 year-olds tomorrow.

French pharmaceutical firm Sanofi has announced the last phase of its Covid vaccine trial. It’s aiming for approval in the last few months of 2021.

German scientists believe they’ve found the cause of rare blood-clotting incidents of people who’ve had the AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson vaccinations. The study hasn’t been peer-reviewed yet but the researchers say vaccines that use cold viruses known as adenovirus vectors to deliver the dose send part of it into cell nuclei where instructions for making Covid proteins can be misread. Those new proteins could trigger a blood clot, they say.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan