SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-11-15, 11:18 PM   #691
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

This unfortunately reminds me of all our lovely debates with The Third Man here a few years ago

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 11:38 PM   #692
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
This unfortunately reminds me of all our lovely debates with The Third Man here a few years ago
Ugh, thanks for the memories, I'd just managed to suppress them.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 01:19 AM   #693
MH
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 248
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I put this over in the MH-317 thread, but it belongs here, but I couldn't find this one due to listed as B-777.

Here it is twice in the right thread, but really could be both, which is too hard for even my faith to accept.

I don't think God is into shooting down passenger planes to prove His point of don't mess with Israel, but there is a point to be made that the God of Israel was not to pleased with Hamas terror cell groups getting there training in Malaysia.

Hamas terrorists received training in Malaysia and Gaza to infiltrate Israel by air to kidnap and murder Israelis

Quote:
In 2010, the prisoner was enlisted into a special force sent to Malaysia for parachute training, in preparation for a cross-border kidnapping attack on Israel. He and ten other terrorists from across Gaza spent a week receiving training in Malaysia.
After returning to Gaza, the cell was given additional weapons training. They were warned to maintain secrecy, and not to reveal details of their Malaysian training to anyone

https://www.idfblog.com/blog/2014/07...ning-malaysia/

Yes the article was written the end of July last year, but is just now chronicling the actual truth that Hamas is training in Malaysia.

What if MH-370 was an act of God and a sign to leave Israel alone?

I know it sounds strange, but God has a way of getting his message across to His followers and His enemies.
Yeah… always blame the Jews or CIA.
MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 03:23 PM   #694
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
So far no-one can give a 100 % explanation to what have happen to this Malaysia airliner. Therefor - every proposal is good as anyone

Everyone has his or her belief regarding this topic.

Markus
Well said ... give that man a lighthouse.

I just wanted to add my theory based on this is the 21st century, but the God of the bible was alive and well in the days of Abraham who appeared to Abraham in the book of Genesis 18:17-33 (NCV)

This is the story of God promising Abraham a child of promise to him and his aged wife Sarah, but then he goes on to say that he has heard bad things about Sodom and that he is going to go check it out. The Muslims believe in God and trace their beginnings back to Abraham also. These two religions have been fighting each other for a long time. A God that can destroy two cities can take out two airplanes if it would be a sign to their prophets.

Just another theory to add to the growing number of reasons why.

Abraham’s Bargain with God
The Lord said, “Should I tell Abraham what I am going to do now? Abraham’s children will certainly become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him. I have chosen him so he would command his children and his descendants to live the way the Lord wants them to, to live right and be fair. Then I, the Lord, will give Abraham what I promised him.”
Then the Lord said, “I have heard many complaints against the people of Sodom and Gomorrah. They are very evil.I will go down and see if they are as bad as I have heard. If not, I will know.”
So the men turned and went toward Sodom, but Abraham stood there before the Lord. Then Abraham approached him and asked, “Do you plan to destroy the good people along with the evil ones? What if there are fifty good people in that city? Will you still destroy it? Surely you will save the city for the fifty good people living there. Surely you will not destroy the good people along with the evil ones; then they would be treated the same. You are the judge of all the earth. Won’t you do what is right?”
The Lord said, “If I find fifty good people in the city of Sodom, I will save the whole city because of them.”
Then Abraham said, “Though I am only dust and ashes, I have been brave to speak to the Lord. What if there are only forty-five good people in the city? Will you destroy the whole city for the lack of five good people?”
The Lord said, “If I find forty-five there, I will not destroy the city.”
Again Abraham said to him, “If you find only forty good people there, will you destroy the city?”
The Lord said, “If I find forty, I will not destroy it.”
Then Abraham said, “Lord, please don’t be angry with me, but let me ask you this. If you find only thirty good people in the city, will you destroy it?”
He said, “If I find thirty good people there, I will not destroy the city.”
Then Abraham said, “I have been brave to speak to the Lord. But what if there are twenty good people in the city?”
He answered, “If I find twenty there, I will not destroy the city.”
Then Abraham said,
“Lord, please don’t be angry with me, but let me bother you thisone last time.
What if you find ten there?”
He said, “If I find ten there, I will not destroy it.”
When the Lord finished speaking to Abraham, he left, and Abraham returned home.

This is why the Jews and the Christians and the Muslims fear God ... His decisions are final.
Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 03:24 PM   #695
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

Huh?
Jeff-Groves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 03:24 PM   #696
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
This is why the Jews and the Christians and the Muslims fear God ... His decisions are final.
Meh......
Old 05-12-15, 03:27 PM   #697
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
Meh......
You be all "being mocking" now?
Old 05-12-15, 03:29 PM   #698
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
You be all "being mocking" now?
I do indeed kinda feel insulted/mocked/whatever, but I edited what I said before,
sometimes it is wiser to stay silent...
Old 05-12-15, 03:30 PM   #699
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
sometimes it is wiser to stay silent...
and enjoy the Fruit Salad.

Old 05-12-15, 03:32 PM   #700
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
and enjoy the Fruit Salad.

I wish I had "fruit salad" right now to distract my mind from this thread indeed.
Old 05-12-15, 03:35 PM   #701
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-15, 03:43 PM   #702
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Nope. Just being cheeky.
Old 07-31-15, 09:09 AM   #703
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

http://www.businessinsider.com/oceanographic-model-predicted-a-year-ago-mh370-would-end-up-where-debris-has-now-been-found-2015-7 A detailed oceanographic map has surfaced that predicted 12 months ago that any debris from the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 could wash up where a large piece of aircraft wing (and possible luggage) has been discovered on Reunion Island near Madagascar in the Indian Ocean.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-15, 09:31 AM   #704
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Actually the map suggests something quite different to me - if the plane crashed where that map suggested, we wouldn't expect to be seeing the debris washing up there for another few months - it's only been 16 months, not 18-24. To me that suggests that their search location is probably wrong.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-15, 09:53 AM   #705
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
Actually the map suggests something quite different to me - if the plane crashed where that map suggested, we wouldn't expect to be seeing the debris washing up there for another few months - it's only been 16 months, not 18-24. To me that suggests that their search location is probably wrong.

I think you're right.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote