SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-11, 12:12 PM   #691
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
If i put the mods in this order then open the mission editor to check it has a warning that unit class KMSSHogisland not found in platform library .
If you have OH II last - does this still happen?
Is this the light version?

This warning happens when the unit number is wrong in the roster v sea folders
From Roster:-
ClassName=KMSSHogIsland
UnitType=104

From Sea-cfg:-
ClassName=KMSSHogIsland
3DModelFileName=data/Sea/NKMSS_HogIsland/Hog_Island
UnitType=104

@Magic - it is ok to put OH II last.
As I have tried to say - it is working with TDWs mods.
As TDW updates his mods - it will be apita keeping OH II last.

Hopefully TDW will double check the conflict files as he updates his mods so that they will for sure be ok to install after.
Old 07-12-11, 02:05 PM   #692
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post

@Magic - it is ok to put OH II last.
As I have tried to say - it is working with TDWs mods.
As TDW updates his mods - it will be apita keeping OH II last.

Hopefully TDW will double check the conflict files as he updates his mods so that they will for sure be ok to install after.
Okay, thanks for clearify Trevally !!!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 07-12-11, 05:19 PM   #693
Sone7
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 159

Passing Gibraltar is now mission impossible indeed, 2 fps.. and what is strange, when I pause the game everything runs nice and smooth again.
I started new campaign (MareNostrum; had to choose this one because the first one crash after loading and HappyTimes during loading screen - I cannot play any of these two) and had no problems at Lorient harbour. But first thing to do is make my way to Mediterranean - and here I am, since entered the passage everything at TC>0 is totally unplayable for me

back to testing now

edit:
..and ctd; I can't use my save (close to Gibraltar), crashes instantly after loading.

edit2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sone7 View Post
MareNostrum; had to choose this one because the first one crash after loading and HappyTimes during loading screen - I cannot play any of these two
same with WesternAproaches and ArcticConvoys. What is so special about these docks?

Last edited by Sone7; 07-12-11 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-16-11, 02:50 AM   #694
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Back in action. First of all, thanks everyone for testing and reporting problems.

As far as I see, most of the problems are related to stuff added to the campaign, not to the campaign itself. Conflicts with other mods, low fps, ships acting weird with missing nor bad textures, missing flags .. all reports are linked to the full version, no problems reported on the light version.

We worked extremely much on this mod and seeing that all problems are related to stuff that are not under our control, I think the best solution is that the final version should have all these new units removed from the campaign pack.

There is already a separate mod for the new imported ships, not sure what should I do with the environmental units. So far there are problems only with the mines, right? No problems with the dolphins and icebergs. If so.. maybe I should keep only few mines near the harbors and a small pack in Gibraltar. We cannot give support and solutions for problems that are not under control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Yes, looking ships at the museum causes CTDs. I think there is something wrong with the roster entries, I'm seeing countries that weren't supposed to be in the mod, like FreeSweden, FreeBelgium... So there isn't any flags for them either (I added additional flags to the mod, but not to these countries).
Rongel, all these Free nations are in the roster. Remember the chat we had by PM with Gap when the roster and defside.cfg was created. He suggested to use these Free nations because indeed, there were a lot of ships sailing under swedish, norway, polish etc flags while their country was under german occupation. If you have time to fix this problem, please be so kind and do it.
Old 07-16-11, 04:26 AM   #695
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Good to see you back Zedi,
Hope you had a good break
Old 07-16-11, 06:24 AM   #696
Kumando
Commodore

Downloads: 283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
Back in action. First of all, thanks everyone for testing and reporting problems.

As far as I see, most of the problems are related to stuff added to the campaign, not to the campaign itself. Conflicts with other mods, low fps, ships acting weird with missing nor bad textures, missing flags .. all reports are linked to the full version, no problems reported on the light version.

We worked extremely much on this mod and seeing that all problems are related to stuff that are not under our control, I think the best solution is that the final version should have all these new units removed from the campaign pack.

There is already a separate mod for the new imported ships, not sure what should I do with the environmental units. So far there are problems only with the mines, right? No problems with the dolphins and icebergs. If so.. maybe I should keep only few mines near the harbors and a small pack in Gibraltar. We cannot give support and solutions for problems that are not under control.

Rongel, all these Free nations are in the roster. Remember the chat we had by PM with Gap when the roster and defside.cfg was created. He suggested to use these Free nations because indeed, there were a lot of ships sailing under swedish, norway, polish etc flags while their country was under german occupation. If you have time to fix this problem, please be so kind and do it.
Its just my oppinion but i think the low fps people are getting near the minefields, may be due to conflict with other mods and not a problem of your mod itself, because my rig is 4 years old and i passed the minefield near helgoland and i had no fps drop. I play with everything maxed, so either is mod conflict related or some people are playing with some fossil rigs lol.
Old 07-16-11, 06:50 AM   #697
Captain Joe
Seaman

Downloads: 563
Default Maybe

I tried all sorts of combinations and my game is running smooth with full OHII but one thing that killed it which is sad as it is such a great mod is Steel Vikings Interior Mod 1.2 which either slows game right down or does not allow everything to render properly. I dont use Magnum Opus which has it included.

Just my experience.
Old 07-16-11, 06:51 AM   #698
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumando View Post
Its just my oppinion but i think the low fps people are getting near the minefields, may be due to conflict with other mods and not a problem of your mod itself, because my rig is 4 years old and i passed the minefield near helgoland and i had no fps drop. I play with everything maxed, so either is mod conflict related or some people are playing with some fossil rigs lol.
would also help if you could post your JSGME mod list together with your rig`s spec`s

you know we have allready a very huge mem and maybe performance eating content list with all the mods aviable, so the question is who can take what with the current rig, even if all is installed in the right order...

Old 07-16-11, 07:04 AM   #699
Kumando
Commodore

Downloads: 283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
would also help if you could post your JSGME mod list together with your rig`s spec`s

you know we have allready a very huge mem and maybe performance eating content list with all the mods aviable, so the question is who can take what with the current rig, even if all is installed in the right order...
My mod Soup:

[MODS]
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1=1
NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_ByTheDarkWraith=2
NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_Real_Navigation=3
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_ByTheDarkWraith=4
FX_Update_0_0_16_2_UHS_Fix=5
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith=6
IRAI_0_0_30_No_hydrophone_on_surface_No_Aircraft_s potting=7
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5=8
Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch_HB_1_0_0_TheDarkWr aith=9
Critical hits 1.1 Torpedos=10
stoianm pitch&roll for SH5 V1 (normal)=11
SUB_hyd_fix_SH5=12
Manos Scopes-patch for 8x5=13
Interior working dials v1_21=14
Dynamic Environment SH5 Basemod (realistic version) V2.1=15
Dynamic Environmental SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1=16
Dynamic Environment SH5 Shallow Waters V2.1 Patch=17
Dynamic Environment SH5 BrighterNights V2.1=18
OPEN HORIZONS II=19
Enhanced FunelSmoke1.2_by HanSolo78=20
IO_StrategicMap_4_3_for_TDWv651&MO=21
Kriegsmarine Grid Map for MO and TDW UIs by stoianm=22
Original map colors=23
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - Medium Faber-Castell Style=24
Naights Submarine Textures (internal) V1.1=25
no torp bubbles - fx mod compatable- wamphyri=26
Old Style Explosions V1.1=27
Remove Steelvikings shadow mod=28
nVidia missing lights=29
Reboot's Hot Soup 1.1=30
Reboot's Water Drips 1.1=31
Trevally Automated Scripts v0.6=32
Trevally Tutorials - All v0.2 (for TDW UI)=33
DBSM_Music_1_0_4=34
Grossdeutscher Rundfunk=35
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod=36
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6=37
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional scary creaks=38
Unterseeboot SFX=39
U-Boat Watch Crew Routine SFX=40
U-Boat Ballast Tanks SFX=41
Battlestations_soundmod_1.1=42
Telegraph Sound=43
Speech fixes and additions (german version)=44
NewUIs_TDC_6_5_1_New_radio_messages_German=45
OH II and Light Campaign Radio Messages=46
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Stock faces=47
key config=48
SH5Lifeboats_2.0=49

My rig: Core 2 Duo 3.00 GhZ, 4gb ddr3 1066, Gforce 8800GTX 768 MB

Maybe people are using the Steel Viking shadow mod, that mod consumes memory like hell, i removed it.
Old 07-16-11, 07:56 AM   #700
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumando View Post

Maybe people are using the Steel Viking shadow mod, that mod consumes memory like hell, i removed it.
yes i heared about that problem some time ago, was it a fixed part of Magnum Opus and if so, plz explain how you removed it.

EDIT: i just discovered "Remove Steelvikings shadow mod=28" in your mod list, where to get it ?

Old 07-16-11, 08:10 AM   #701
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
yes i heared about that problem some time ago, was it a fixed part of Magnum Opus and if so, plz explain how you removed it.

EDIT: i just discovered "Remove Steelvikings shadow mod=28" in your mod list, where to get it ?
It is an addon patch within TDWs MO patch2
Old 07-16-11, 08:18 AM   #702
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
It is an addon patch within TDWs MO patch2

Old 07-16-11, 08:22 AM   #703
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post

Okay, I'll fix the missing nations soon!

It might be a good idea to drop the imported ships, if we can apply them separately. That is a quick way to make the mod more stable. I haven't seen any problems with icebergs, or dolphins.
Old 07-16-11, 08:33 AM   #704
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Okay, I'll fix the missing nations soon!

It might be a good idea to drop the imported ships, if we can apply them separately. That is a quick way to make the mod more stable. I haven't seen any problems with icebergs, or dolphins.
Thats the plan. I really hate to get bad reports on stuff not related to our work. We reworked the campaign, not the ships, mines etc! Thanks.
Old 07-16-11, 08:37 AM   #705
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

...just converted some of the still uncompressed ship textures (normal maps to DXT1, ship textures to dxt5) together with some reduced occlution maps (down to 512x512) from the Imported Ship Pack 1.1 (which is part of OHII currently).

result is 50mb less video mem consumption and slightly better performance.

...testing

Closed Thread