SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-09, 07:50 PM   #676
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

*Sits in the bar with a shot, and thoughtfully smoking a cigarette, this time not coughing, stares at the photo of Nokia on the wall.*

Well... here's to you Nokia...

*Swigs down the shot*

Oh god, that burns! You know... this has been a complete disaster, a complete and total disaster. Nobody knows who is who, everybody is terrified... and its pretty much everybody for themselves... Xabba blew his own brains out today, a thought that has gone through my mind once or twice I have to admit. But, its not really something I care to think about...

Of course, nobody knows anything, they couldn't organise a knees up in brewery! You know despite all my efforts to spur people into action... and being up front, no... everybody was too damn selfish wanting to save their own skins... I accused people wildly, hell, even you. Then you got your throat tore out... and of course, Contact, I was sure he was suspect... well... I was half right...

You know what the real trouble is? Nobody is willing to tell you anything. Everybody talks in riddles... and... cryptic little clues... Its very frustrating... there is a little clique... Jimbuna, Chad and Hitman... I don't think Chad's a beast... but my money is on Jimbuna and that waste of space FIREWALL.. to be beasts... you know what is funny?! They probably don't even realise the other is beasts... of course... I'm taking wild guesses into the unknown...

Do I have a clue? Do I hell! Under the table diplomacy got us into this... just like the secret deals that started the Great War... yeah... I know history...

*Takes puff on cigarette... exhales.*

If I survive this, whatever... this is... if I sruvive this and it all works out, we get the right ones... I swear I won't let you down I will treat this pub... like it were my own flesh and blood. If however... I should... not make it and that looks likely as Letum was shot and killed... then, I promise you, I'll make the people responsible pay! And they will suffer...

They are going to suffer... I will return from my grave to dance on theirs. I've kept my end of the bargain... I will rely on him... to keep his now. The Storm clouds... will form on the day of my death and lightning will strike forth with furious vengeance.

Anyway... goodnight...

*takes one last puff, exhales, then crushes out cigarette. Turns shot glass over and puts stool under, makes way to bed.*

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Old 02-12-09, 08:12 PM   #677
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

still sitting on tree stump.

I know I should have stayed on U 13 this morning. I would have been finished with her engines today. But I had to go see what happend...

I saw 4 or 5 dead people today, and 13 in the past couple of days. But ive seen 100s of young men who were on ships die. But these were different. I got to know them... through out the days ive been here. But I know to the people of that village ill just be. be... anouther german lost...

I can never return though.... If I do. they will probably shoot me for supposivly letting letum out... I was down where letum was... I dont know why I opened that door when I heard the knocking on it... And he came out yelling my name... Why did I freek out... was the mental issue he had effect me somehow.

(snow slowly falls on me, and the forest. As the dark cover of night makes the forest even more unforgiving.....) I can feel deaths eyes stareing me down... what I was trying to ignore before I spazed out.

Last edited by Task Force; 02-12-09 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-12-09, 09:10 PM   #678
Task Force
Rear Admiral

If I could have put in a extra 5 hours on those engines, and the rest of the boat... we would be out of here... And I would still have trust... Now I will face the fireing squad the way it looks. Even if I tryed. they wouldnt accecpt me back.
Old 02-12-09, 09:29 PM   #679
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Mookie wanders the woods as the darkness of night closes in. "Helloooooo? Task Force, are you out here?" The snow crunches under his feet as he makes his way through the morass of low lying branches that scratch his face and hands. "Task Force....come back! You're dead for sure out here. At least in town you have a chance to survive! Hellooooo!?"

Mookie thinks to himself how life has turned upside down in the past week. Just a few short days ago I was a humble postman, but now with the curse of werewolves upon the village, people I've known for years have been torn to shreds and I've been thrust into the the role of the de facto leader of a group of condemned people. Nothing in my life has prepared me for this.

Mookie steps into a clearing and finds Task Force shivering and alone on a stump. The light snow has already begun to collect on his hunched shoulders.

"You mean to tell me that you're going to choose certain death out here from either the cold or the wolves instead of a chance at life back in the village?"

He smiles slightly as he opens his coat and offers Task Force his flask of brandy. A glimpse of moonlight shining on his shoulder holstered Luger Parabellum can be seen.

"Here, drink this. It'll help warm you up."

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 02-12-09, 09:56 PM   #680
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 101

Back onboard U-13, Weiß Pinguin quietly lays in his bunk. Poor Letum... At least the fellow is out of his misery.

He looks over at Gorduz's bunk once again and sighs as guilt flashes through his mind. After several minutes, he takes the letter out of his pocket, reads it for the last time, and folds it neatly before placing it under what used to be Gorduz's pillow. I'm sorry, comrade.

After grabbing a slice of bread from the galley he heads up to the conning tower, and stares at the moon. Full moon again...
Old 02-12-09, 10:17 PM   #681
Task Force
Rear Admiral

All right... *I get back into the village*

Yesterday didnt happen. I never freaked. I never saw that mans brains. My name wanst on the board. none of yesterdays events happned.
*eventhough I know that tomorrow was probably gonna be my last day, they have convenced thereselfs* I thought.

Hard to believe that out of the origional 20+ 14 are dead.
Old 02-12-09, 10:34 PM   #682
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force
All right... *I get back into the village*

Yesterday didnt happen. I never freaked. I never saw that mans brains. My name wanst on the board. none of yesterdays events happned.
*eventhough I know that tomorrow was probably gonna be my last day, they have convenced thereselfs* I thought.

Hard to believe that out of the origional 20+ 14 are dead.
"That's the spirit!" said Mookie as he walked Task Force back through the path to the village. "You need to keep your head on straight. We need all the good men we can get, and you're doing no favors to anyone committing a slow suicide out in the woods. I believe Penelope's inn is still open and you could use a little liquid courage, if Kaleun Jimbuna allows it." Mookie patted Task Force on the shoulder. "You have to understand, the whole firing squad thing is for our own protection. These....things...take human form. And unless you prove yourself trustworthy and show yourself to be against these beasts, you'll be as suspected as anyone else. Hell, I'm not above suspicion either. I'm sure plenty of people have their doubts about me. But you can trust me. I want to make it through this as much as anyone. And the only way we're going to do that is to see each and every one of those hellspawn dead."

Mookie's pep talk was as much for his own benefit as Task Force's. The weight of his complicitness in Contact's death still weighed on his mind. "Poor fool would have probably been eaten by one of those things anyways. I say we did him a favor by making it quick," thought Mookie. But in his heart, he knew that the rationalization was only that.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 02-12-09, 11:37 PM   #683
Chad
ACE

Downloads: 60

After scrummaging through Letum's belongings, Chad decides to call it a night.

"I do not know if killing Letum was a good idea or not, I had to vote that way whether I wanted or not. His blood however, is not on my hands. I was following what Jimbuna had said would make a good candidate for the lynching.." Chad writes in his journal.

Looking at the silver gun that NealT's grandfather had given him, who then gave it to Oberon, and now to Chad, he begins to clean it, and prepare for the night to begin.
Old 02-12-09, 11:48 PM   #684
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

After several hours scanning the shoreline, Wachoffizier Pinguin decides to call it a day, and heads below. Exhausted from 48 hours with little to no sleep, he crawls into his bunk, casting a glance at Gorduz's empty bunk before turning over and staring at the bulkhead.

[Good night peoples]
Old 02-13-09, 03:37 AM   #685
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

BEWARE thw wolf that suckles it's young Verdamt!!

<back after work>

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-13-09, 06:41 AM   #686
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

*Oberon watches the execution and sighs, another innocent man dead, another night to the wolves...*

*He draws his Hitler Jugend dagger and examines the blade before announcing to no-one in particular.*

"Tonight, tonight will see much blood shed. If we are to survive, our must and only chance, is to stay together! Mayor Contact wanted us to, and he turned out to be a guardian! Together we can watch each other and guard each other!"

*His words fall on deaf ears, the people around him continue boarding up their houses and preparing themselves individually for the onslaught.*

"Then I shall die alone..." he states before heading up to the Nightwatch tower, dagger in hand, head held high, knowing that death stalks his footsteps.
Old 02-13-09, 09:15 AM   #687
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

The Journey Nears an End

Feb. 12, 1945 20:32

Seaman Task Force stood stonestill at midnight at the edge of the eternally dark forest. The lights of Vanvikan twinkled before him. His hands were stained with grease and grime. U-13 would not be going anywhere. The fight between his two natures was over, the darker side the victor. He felt the growing influence of the full moon. Soon, he would feed. And with the U-boat once again disabled, its crew would provide for him and his brothers. If they would accept him back.
As if in answer to his apprehensions, he heard a sharp snapping of a twig, followed by an unearthly, guttural growl. He turned.
“I am not quite ready. Wait, brother,” he said to a pair of glowing eyes.
But the hairy beast before him had no intention of waiting. It accepted that the weak must die, even the weak among brothers. It crouched, and sprang full on Task Force, sinking its fangs deep in his chest. His screams streamed down to the huddling village below.

23:21
In the middle of the night, amidst the crunch of snow and the lapping of the waves against the shore, a solitary shape crossed the waters of the fjord, masked by the fog, silver in the moon light.

It crossed the white hull of the SandyCaeser's trawler Fjordwolf, clambered aboard. Then, snarls, a shout, a distinct twang!, and then...

It wasn't particularly bright, or very long-lasting, but the bang followed by the noise of the fireball woke up every soul on the U-13 a hundred meters away, and rocked it badly enough that some on the boat braced for a depth-charge barrage automatically before they awoke fully. On deck, the watch crew, startled into full wakefulness, fumbled to charge the 20mm cannon and cover the burning trawler. Emergency flares rocketed skyward from the hulk, red and green, and by their light a moving shape was momentarily seen paddling away before the darkness fell again.

Feb. 13, 1945 06:10

Consciousness came gradually to Gemeiner Super Market. The first sight he saw was that of Mookie, the postman/mayor. Then the realization hit—“Oberst Chad!” He jerked upright but an instant later his muscles failed and he sank back to the bed. “Where am I? What has happened to Oberst?”
“Dear boy, rest easy,” said Penelope. “You are in my home, you are safe, it is nearly morning.”
Market’s eyes darted from the young woman to the postman. “Mookie, I…when the thing…”
“Yes, I know, lad. I know, I was there. You were guarding the Oberst, but it was a hopeless task, I’m afraid.” Concern and fatigue lined his face.
“Oberst is…?
“Yes, I’m afraid so. Mutilated like the others,” said Mookie.
Market felt a crushing weight on his chest. “I failed, I failed the Oberst.”
“There was nothing you could do, Market. The fiend that attacked Oberst Chad was a demon that could not be stopped by one man. It was all I could do to get you out of the briefing room alive.”
Market’s eyes widened. His mind seized on Gemeiner Letum. “Am I… I’m not…Was I bitten? I don’t….”
“No, Gemeiner, I dressed your wounds, nothing but a few bruises and that egg-sized knock on your noggin,” said Penelope, touching the cloth bandage that covered his head. "You were very fortunate, SandyCaesar was found dead last night, too, his boat blown to bits."
“Tell me, do you remember anything?” asked Mookie.
Market thought. “Oberst was cleaning an odd gun, it was like a museum piece, with weird engravings and such. He had it in pieces on his desk. It was very late, or rather early in the morning. We heard a tremendous banging at the roof…I thought we were under air attack…it’s all black after that.”
“Very well, Gemeiner. Try to get some rest,” said mookie. “It’s Friday the 13th, I have a feeling this is going to be a long day.”
Penelope sighed. “Ja, kanskje den siste dagen.”

DAY begins

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 02-13-09 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-13-09, 10:41 AM   #688
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

*Hauptmann Hitman steps forward with grim face, looking at the people congregated in front of him*

"U-Boat 13 crewmen and Vanvikan citizens!"

"Oberst Chad is now dead, and according to the Wehrmacht procedures, I'm the next in command. As all of you already know, a reserved investigation has been conducted this last days to determine what is happening here. From the initial three investigators, two of them are already dead: Oberst Chad and UnderseaLcpt"

*Makes a brief pause to swallow*

"It doesn't take much imagination to guess that I am the next in the row. Whoever/whatever is doing this carnage, seems to have a plan. All authorities are being eliminated, and that seems to follow the purpose of wrecking even more chaos and unrest"

"I have therefore decided to publically share the results of my investigations so far, to prevent them from going with me into my coffin"

"I have been contacted by a supposed Seer who pointed out that the barmaid Penelope Gray is a werewolf. Nisgeis confirmed that he also had a contact that pointed out the same thing, but was killed some nights ago. It is obvious that we have been unable to confirm so far if that was the truth or not, because Penelope is still alive"

"Shooting Penelope or the supposed Seer is the only way to find out. But since I could be lying, shooting me..."

*pauses to swallow again*

"...is obviously the third option"

"The supposed Seer is: JIMBUNA"

"Now, the last things that have happened lead me to think that Penelope is NOT a wolf, but I could of course be wrong.

So I'm casting my vote to lynch Jimbuna. Do whatever you think best, and pray you are right."

*Turns around and walks again into the barracks. Sits in his bed, opens a bottle of Vodka and takes a long shot. After that, starts cleaning his Luger and slowly places the cannon against his head, murmuring to himself: "I can't resist this anymore, my nerves are breaking down. Either way it happens .... I don't want to see the light of another day"*
Old 02-13-09, 11:02 AM   #689
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

*Oberon walks towards the sound of the howling from last night and finds Task Forces shredded remains. He sighs.*

"They got you too Task force? I guess you weren't a wolf after-"

*He pauses and looks at the tracks in the dirt, aside from his foot prints there are no other human prints in the ground.*

"Oh...oh I see...we were right after all..."

*He sheaths his dagger and heads back into the town, where he arrives just in time to witness Hitmans monologue. He nods and ponders to himself out loud.*

"The Uboat crew have the most remaining men out of the whole group...perhaps there is truth to Herr Hitmans words..."

*He sits at the side of the village green, watching people moving around.*
Old 02-13-09, 12:07 PM   #690
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Wachoffizier Pinguin wakes with a start, the nightmare of last night just starting again.

Howling... So much howling... And the screams!!

He rouses himself and makes his way to the galley, where several other crewmen are eating.

"Did you hear?" A seaman asks quietly. "Task Force is dead. Oberst Chad as well, and someone else. All mutilated beyond belief."

Pinguin stares at the food on his plate, his appetite suddenly absent. So it wasn't a nightmare after all. "Where is the captain now?"