SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-13, 12:22 PM   #676
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 619
Uploads: 0

MaGui v3.4
Old 08-27-13, 12:35 PM   #677
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Thank you very much!
Old 09-14-13, 04:30 PM   #678
majestic23
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

I've been away from SHIII for years. Last time I played with OLC, now I am trying MaGUI (MaGUI F) but am running in a couple of problems.

a) The weapons officer is not identifying targets. I am not sure if this is actually a mod issue but it never seems to work. My test procedure is to load the torpedo mission from naval academy, raise attack periscope, lock on any target and instruct the weapons officer to identify the target. While i can order him and he acknowledges, he never responds with an identification, no matter what target is locked or how close it is. Is that so on purpose?

b) How can I get MaGUI F work in widescreen (1366x768)? I noticed there is a MaGUI 3.4 Widescreen mod but this doesn't seem to be the latest version.

Any help with that would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 09-14-13, 08:00 PM   #679
majestic23
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

I found 75% of the answers.

So, my weapons officer does actually identify the target, it is displayed under the torpedo controls (didn't see that before). However, I've seen in videos that the ship register book should be opened to the correct page as well. This doesn't happen for me, for some reason. Anyone know why?

As for Widescreen, apparently that only works fully for 3.4.

d'oh. Just realized I can just click on the name to bring up the right page. Sorry for bothering.

Last edited by majestic23; 09-14-13 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-06-13, 11:05 AM   #680
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 418

Mates, I have a question about salvo selector. I use it, but salvo selector works properly only in attack map view - when I choose salvo shot using switch I see salvo shield with numbers of torpedo tubes and switching for single torpedo view is changing for single tubes. Salvo selector in periscope view and UZO doesn't work properly, because shield doesn't change - selecting single shot I don't see single shot shield, there is always salvo shot view.
Is there any idea for fix it?
jaxa is online  
Old 10-06-13, 11:46 AM   #681
badwolf
XO

Downloads: 59

hi jaxa,
The single torp switch in the periscopes and UZO view don't work in the GUI's. Not even programmed in to work in the menu_1024_768.ini.

I worked on the problem a year back. I got the salvo & single mode working, except for one thing. In the TDC view, the dials are toggle from visible to not, allowing access to each dial placed in the same position, according to mode, but that didn't work in the other views, for some reason. This will mean having both salvo and single dial in view at the same time. But only one will operate, depending on mode setting. Could use a glass to cover the one that doesn't work, then swap as the mode is changed.

I lost all my SH3 stuff, when my pc went down. So means doing it all again.

I've been looking at a lot of things in between playing and the single/salvo switch is just one of them.
Old 10-07-13, 02:24 AM   #682
jaxa
The Old Man

Downloads: 418

Thanks for your reply badwolf. It means that problem is hardcoded, but not imposible to resolve.
jaxa is online  
Old 10-08-13, 12:04 PM   #683
badwolf
XO

I've got the single selector in the GUI, but I'm not able to operate it yet. The selector does move though when you alter the tube selection as shown by these pics.
http://imageshack.us/a/img543/9674/lmez.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img202/6194/2vnk.jpg
Old 10-08-13, 12:38 PM   #684
badwolf
XO

Good news.
Got the single and salvo dials working in attack periscope screen, works great.

Advantage of using the single switch is that the tube doesn't close when selecting another tube, so you can have multiple tubes open ready for single shots.

Last edited by badwolf; 10-08-13 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-10-13, 12:07 PM   #685
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf View Post
Good news.
Got the single and salvo dials working in attack periscope screen, works great.

hello Badwolf,

the reason that i didn't include the single shot dial in the att-obs-uzo pages is becuase it is unesecery . the user can switch the tubes in single mode directly through the tube buttons so ,given the luck of space, putting the single tube dial for the same porpouse decided to be rejected.
but , i am sure that ideas like this will always have fans so another choice for them is always wellcome. i am just wondering ,where are you going to put this extra dial ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwolf View Post
Advantage of using the single switch is that the tube doesn't close when selecting another tube, so you can have multiple tubes open ready for single shots.
for this is not responsible the 'single switch' but the altered commands in commands_en and commands_de . it is explained in the readme notes (search in the ''changes at commands.cfg and torpedo.sim-readme'' ,these changes are responsible for the multiple tubes open at single mode)

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 10-10-13, 03:02 PM   #686
badwolf
XO

Ty for your reply makman94 and a great mod.
Just changing the GUI about to suit me, everybody has different ways they like things. I'm just tweaking things in the game to get my ideal setup.

Putting the dial with the the other 3 and moving the switches to a new location. Probably need a new way to bring in the glass over the dials.
But I have a lot of things to do in the game yet. If I get them done, it will certainly be a lot different.

Last edited by badwolf; 10-10-13 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-11-13, 11:13 PM   #687
badwolf
XO

Been playing about with a Tube 1 door switch in the periscope view, for half an hour. The switch changes position open/closed when I operate it via the CE or the control tower 3D view. Not got it working from the switch yet. Perhaps needs a command line setting up. But at least you can see if the tube is open.
Old 10-14-13, 11:28 AM   #688
roten
Watch

Downloads: 57
Default bravo maga

gia na milame kai stin glossa mas(se greeklish!!!!). tora to katevazo kai perimeno..
Old 10-15-13, 12:22 PM   #689
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roten View Post
gia na milame kai stin glossa mas(se greeklish!!!!). tora to katevazo kai perimeno..
nasai kala Roten , alla exe ypopsin soy oti tha soy 'baloun xeri' an postareis me greeklish

enjoy the mod

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 10-24-13, 10:53 PM   #690
jonmar
Bosun

Downloads: 86

Makman: Is there a way to get your GUI to stretch out and cover the entire screen when playing in 1920 x 1080?

Currently when I set the resolution to 1920 x 1080 all the 3D stuff looks great but your GUI only covers an area the size of 1360 x 768 and is locked to the lower left corner of the screen. It would be awesome if there was a setting I could edit in some file to get it to stretch out and fill up the screen. Is this possible or is this behavior hardcoded in the exe?

Thanks! The UI really is great I'm really enjoying it.
Closed Thread