Closed Thread

Old 06-25-17, 04:18 PM   #6811
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I have my doubts, news reporting ranges from a deal to no chance. I'm fed up with it all now as no one knows anything worth reporting. And the media seems to report here say and whispers.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-26-17, 05:51 AM   #6812
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

May has a pact with DUP:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-40403434

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-26-17, 06:24 AM   #6813
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Yeah, just looked through the article and it would appear nothing overly majorly has been given so the agreement may hold water for a year or so.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-26-17, 06:30 AM   #6814
STEED
Lucky Jack

The deal with the DUP is a two year deal so if the Tories hold on the DUP will be back knocking on the door for more in two years time, bound to happen they got the Tories where they want them.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-26-17, 06:40 AM   #6815
STEED
Lucky Jack

Meanwhile in Wales all is not well over the DUP deal..

Quote:
Tory/DUP deal an outrageous straight bung, Carwyn Jones says
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-40406396

Old 06-26-17, 06:41 AM   #6816
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Agreed but even more so they (DUP) have got Labour even more so where they want them.

Old 06-26-17, 06:47 AM   #6817
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn says he will be Prime Minister 'in six months' - report

Big Head..

Quote:
Jeremy Corbyn has predicted he will be Prime Minister within six months and said he wanted to scrap Trident "as soon as I can", it was claimed last night.

The Labour leader's unguarded comments, apparently made backstage, were revealed by Glastonbury festival founder Michael Eavis
http://news.sky.com/story/jeremy-cor...eport-10927252

So his hotch botch coalition which totals less the the magic winning number will step in just like that! I'm sure if that happen the SNP Greens PC and the rest will make demands.

Old 06-26-17, 12:41 PM   #6818
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Brian Taylors take on the DUP deal:

The DUP deal via a Helensburgh swimming pool

Naturally the SNP are taking the opportunity to use this as a club to beat up the Scotland Office and David Mundell after he said he'd oppose any deal that bypassed the Barnett formula: LINK.

Quote:
........Mr Mundell also insisted any extra funding given to Northern Ireland as part of a deal between the Conservatives and the DUP should adhere to Barnett formula rules.That would mean any wealth being distributed across the UK.
He said: "I certainly won't support funding which is deliberately sought to subvert the Barnett rules.
"We have clear rules about funding of different parts of the United Kingdom. If the funding falls within Barnett consequentials, it should come to Scotland.
Since that isn't the case he now has some egg on his face as it looks like Tory negotiation team bypassed him in agreeing this deal with the DUP.

Of course what Carwyn Jones, Nicola Sturgeon and others aren't saying, assuming they've actually thought of it (or care), is that the money for Norn Iron isn't translating as extra funding for England either.

NI and the DUP win, the mainland in it's entirety loses.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 06-26-17, 02:06 PM   #6819
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Oh look what the "evil" DUP have secured, triple lock for pension, no means tested heating allowance, 2% GDP for defence, Military Covenant to be implemented in Northern Ireland.

Can't say anything other than how pleased I am

Old 06-26-17, 04:46 PM   #6820
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Oh look what the "evil" DUP have secured, triple lock for pension, no means tested heating allowance, 2% GDP for defence, Military Covenant to be implemented in Northern Ireland.

I can see why people like you voted for the Tory party old boy, I'm alright Jack screw you, there's only been one thing worse than being a Tory voter and that was the Bubonic plague, it tells you what kind of person you Tories are doesn't it.

So Theresa May has found Jeremy Corbyn's magic money tree down the back of the Downing street sofa, its costing over £1 billion quid for just 10 bleeding votes just to keep her in power and this after recently telling a nurse that she didn't have a magic money tree.

I thought David Cameron was the worst Prime Minister we've ever had but you Theresa May have overtaken that useless pillock in just one year.
Old 06-26-17, 05:04 PM   #6821
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Quote:

The first two never applied in Scotland, Jim, as they come under devolved authority. So that was never an issue up here anyway.

The 3rd should be good news for Scottish defence and support firms too.

The last should be good news for anyone who served in NI during the troubles, including those who served in Scottish regiments.

My main concern is that the deal makes things a bit awkward for the Scots Cons and gives ammo to the Nats again.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 06-27-17, 01:55 AM   #6822
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Snuggling up to the DUP is about only one thing: desperately staving off another election, which the Nasty Party know would sweep Labour to power with the kind of majority they had expected last time.
Old 06-27-17, 02:16 AM   #6823
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ well it costs the taxpayer dearly, just to make a deal and secure May's power. And what about the rest of Ireland, or Wales, or Scotland? Ireland gets already the major part before this deal, or so i read(?)

Yes i know EU again, but what i liked is that at least the EU tried to distribute money evenly, adapted to need and to raise and get econonomical power going. Enough other nations in the club to limit certain power deals on the back of the citizens.

And i read that working hours in England will have to be raised, in order to stem the financial effort after brexit. Whatever happens, May will have to sell a lot of unpopular decisions, which will all fall back on her, while she was not even for a brexit herself. Tough.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-27-17, 04:21 AM   #6824
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I can see why people like you voted for the Tory party old boy,
Me? Vote Tory?

You're not one of them pollsters who never seem to get it right are you?

Just for the record and in particular FYI: I was a Labour Party member of over 25 years standing and only resigned my membership when 'My Party' was taken over by a democratically elected left wing, terrorist sympathiser and his bunch of unelectables.

Tis because of those aforementioned people that we are now stuck with an abomination of a woman who is quite clearly trying to emulate a certain Iron Lady and cares not one jot on who she makes suffer during the process.

Old 06-27-17, 04:23 AM   #6825
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGR1 View Post
The first two never applied in Scotland, Jim, as they come under devolved authority. So that was never an issue up here anyway.

The 3rd should be good news for Scottish defence and support firms too.

The last should be good news for anyone who served in NI during the troubles, including those who served in Scottish regiments.

My main concern is that the deal makes things a bit awkward for the Scots Cons and gives ammo to the Nats again.

Mike.
Wasn't sure what was covered under devolved authority Mike but I certainly agree with the above

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics