SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-30-21, 07:11 AM   #6781
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

A total of 963 deaths registered in England and Wales in the week ending 19 March mentioned coronavirus - the lowest since October.

The number of deaths being seen across the UK is below what is expected at this time of year, the Office for National Statistics says.

Scotland's "stay at home" order will be replaced on Friday by guidance to stay local, Nicola Sturgeon says.

Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng says the UK must focus on vaccinating all of its adults to make sure they are safe.

It comes as Prime Minister Boris Johnson is among 24 world leaders to call for a global treaty to prepare for future pandemics.

A new treaty would help establish better systems for alerting people about potential pandemics, they argue.

Roughly half of people in the UK now have antibodies against Covid, tests conducted by the ONS show.

Comedian and actor Sir Lenny Henry has written an open letter urging black Britons to take the Covid-19 vaccine.

A senior scientist warns the US faces "impending doom" as coronavirus cases and hospital admissions rise across the country.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-21, 07:13 AM   #6782
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

'Pure whitewash!' WHO savaged after reports claims China 'not responsible' for Covid

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...id19-latest-vn

Bleeding hell! this organisation needs closing down immediately, bribes, backhanders, incentives or is it plain old blackmail being used, in time we might find out the truth but until then these accusations will be constantly thrown at the heads of this useless body.
There's someone at the top of the tree directing the direction of this investigation and it's deliberately being led away from any Chinese blame.

It was rampaging around Wuhan in China well before it started appearing anywhere else, the Chinese couldn't contain it and over a year later it's still rampaging around the world, so do the right thing for once you lying bastards and own up to it.

The China virus is Chinese, it's in the name you bleeding wallies.
Old 03-30-21, 07:16 AM   #6783
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Slovak President Zuzana Caputova will appoint Finance Minister Eduard Heger as PM in an attempt to end a government crisis surrounding outgoing PM Igor Matovic's secret acquisition of two million doses of Russia's Sputnik V vaccine. Half the cabinet have resigned over the purchase. The EU’s medical regulator hasn’t approved the vaccine yet, and Slovakia’s health authority hasn’t either – but it can be given on a voluntary basis.

The number of people in intensive care in French hospitals has reached 4,974, higher than during the second wave last November. Meanwhile, Education Minister Jean-Michel Blanquer is coming under pressure to close French schools as the number of children affected rises to more than 20,000. At the moment classes go online as soon as a positive case is confirmed.

Sweden’s vaccines coordinator Richard Bergstrom has told Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet that EU exports of AstraZeneca vaccines have virtually stopped. EU leaders backed export controls at the end of last week but emphasised the importance of global supply chains.

The Irish government is planning to use the pandemic to reinvigorate rural Ireland. It aims to transform disused derelict buildings and pubs into remote working hubs.

A Dutch church’s front door has been slightly damaged in an apparent firework attack, linked to tensions involving continuing church services in the pandemic. Under Dutch rules worshippers are limited to 30 for services but the church at Krimpen aan de Ijssel has defied the restrictions. A reporter was harassed outside the church on Sunday.

Italian PM Mario Draghi says the goal of half a million vaccinations appears not to be far off. He says Italians need to get out of “this situation of inactivity”. Meanwhile the north-western province of Liguria has barred Italians from visiting their second homes or boats over the Easter holiday to limit the spread of infection.

Old 03-30-21, 04:18 PM   #6784
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Germany restricts use of AstraZeneca vaccine to over 60s in most cases.

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-restri...ses/a-57049301

There have been 31 cases of brain thromboses by now, in younger women. 9 dead.

Can somebody please convince me of the math at work here. Or better don't try, I might flip out. The Germans are Angst!(tm) hysterics.
Old 03-30-21, 04:50 PM   #6785
Skybird
Soaring

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...uk/30march2021

Every second UK citizen now has antibodies, official statistics show.

But German media tear their mouths open and criticise that Johnson has not enough doses to allow a second jab (or so they claim). Typical German. Adn destracting from one's own miserable failure.
Old 03-30-21, 05:04 PM   #6786
Moonlight
Admiral

I ask these questions Skybird.
What's the difference between a 60 year old and someone who is a lot younger?.
Is it just females who are affected or does it include males as well?.
What other part of the body is affected by this thrombosis? and are the symptoms the same for everyone?.
What other chemicals are involved?, illegal drugs?, prescription drugs?.
Is it genetic related?, alcohol related?, food related?, sex related?.

Have they done extensive autopsies and found a common denominator yet?.
Is this another kneejerk reaction like the previous one?, your medical experts need to answer these questions and be pretty damn quick about it.

As you are from the land of Merkel you are in the right place to find out for us.
Old 03-30-21, 05:43 PM   #6787
Skybird
Soaring

The German specific term is "Sinusvenenthrombose".

Its specific for women of younger age.

It blocks a major blood vessel in the brain.

There have been 31 cases in Germany, in other countnries as well. In Germany, 9 died.

Males are effected, but only very rarely, compared to females.

Higher age women are not that vulnerable to it.

Over here it still the older ones being vaccinated only - and teachers, nurses. Since it is nurses and most nurses are women, young females are overrepresneted in case numbers for this thrombosis.

Thats all I can tell you on it.

Its not nice to have, and nine dead are nine dead. But I compare that to the hundreds of thousands of vaccinations that now do not take place - and the resulting infections and death cases from that.

Statistically, they said some days ago that this complications shows up 8 times more often (I think) than has to be expected from other (any) vaccines and their complication risks. The alarmism is statistically founded, not because the bodies pile up high into the sky. And thats where I start to get problems with these decisions.

First we did not allow AZ for above 65 year old. Then we allow AZ for below 65 year old. Then we ban the use for some days in general. Then we allow it again. Then we ban it for below 60 year old.

AZ certainly has issues, it had them from phase 1 trial on, and the way in whcih AZ documented and collected data, was quite messy and incompetent. Its just that we are in a situation now where we cannot afford to be this mimosa-like and perfectionistic. Im sorry to say so, but we just cannot afford it. As I said in the past, AZ would not be my first choice if I were given a choice. But if there is no chpoice, then for heavens sake take this one.

My pick, if I would have the choice, currently would be the Russian vaccine, assuming the published numbers are correct.

My life style and social situation allows me to not be in a hurry with getting vaccinated. With my old parents, its different.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-30-21 at 06:04 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-21, 07:21 PM   #6788
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
'Pure whitewash!' WHO savaged after reports claims China 'not responsible' for Covid

... The China virus is Chinese, it's in the name you bleeding wallies.
Just an FYI, the below link is to China's Global Times paper. There's no doubt in my mind it's very much a tightly controlled state owned media outlet. The only upside to this, is it can make an excellent gauge as to what their government is thinking without any Chicom government official having to say a word.

According to the Chicom government the answer to the origin of COVID lies within other states.

Quote:
Virus origins unsolved in WHO report, ‘more states should be probed’

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202103/1219901.shtml

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 01:44 AM   #6789
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I ask these questions Skybird.
What's the difference between a 60 year old and someone who is a lot younger?.
Is it just females who [....] blah
As you are from the land of Merkel you are in the right place to find out for us.
Why don't you look it up in "The sun" or other tabloids? Is there no information on this in England?
The S.A./english mutation is called the english virus over here

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 02:13 AM   #6790
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Slovak Russia's Sputnik V vaccine.
You gotta love the name!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-21, 08:07 AM   #6791
Skybird
Soaring

I just have read that Denmark still has AZ vaccine un der a full ban. They still do not use it, for nobody. Finland, Iceland and Sweden recommend to use it only for older people. French women under the age of 55 do not get it.

Another AZ-thrombosis death in Germany.
Old 03-31-21, 08:21 AM   #6792
Moonlight
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Why don't you look it up in "The sun" or other tabloids? Is there no information on this in England?
The S.A./english mutation is called the english virus over here
Oh that's a wonderful name Catfish, how original.
When it comes down to calling this virus by different names we around our way are calling the China virus currently rampaging throughout the EU 27 states by a lot fruitier names than that bollocks.
Old 03-31-21, 08:22 AM   #6793
Skybird
Soaring

A study in the US with over 2200 young people between 12 and 15 years shows that the Biontech/Pfizer vaccine gives full protection for younger ages, too.
Old 03-31-21, 09:32 AM   #6794
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Germany restricts use of AstraZeneca vaccine to over 60s in most cases.

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-restri...ses/a-57049301
Funny that (not in haha) but initially it was banned for the over 65's

Old 03-31-21, 09:38 AM   #6795
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

But German media tear their mouths open and criticise that Johnson has not enough doses to allow a second jab (or so they claim). Typical German. Adn destracting from one's own miserable failure.
They should look at this 'propaganda' because I believe there are strong elements of truth within it.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan