Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-17, 02:00 PM   #6766
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Skybird for the new Ukip leader, great career chance ahead.
"brexit is brexit".
No it is not very well put, Sky, it is indeed very wrong on a lot of levels and contains plain lies. Skybird uses his rhethorics with no regard of the truth. I know that this is enough to win in a debating club, but it remains pure rhethorics. It is so much easier to quote Bild or The Sun and follow those easy-to-understand prejudices, instead of reading this boring stuff what the EU is and does, and what it is not.

Beginning to understand Oberon, it is as if no one had never explained what it is about, next day some forget, others keep hating just because they do not want to understand, and accusating instead of looking in the mirror is so much more fun.. you people just can't help it.
Quoting the same BS again and again, hoping that when you throw dirt again and again it will stick at some point. Maybe it will with the easy-impressed, but i still hope that some people can think for themselves.

Yes, the EU was founded too early. People are too dumb to understand or support it. I guess mankind deserves no better, and if this new right wing stuff spreads further i really hope that mankind becomes extinct asap.

edit: @Jim i had to add some acid

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-19-17, 04:06 PM   #6767
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

Absolutely no problem, the more comments and opinions the better overall for the purposes of debate.

My thinking is that both parties in the Brexit negotiations are playing a game of chicken. Neither want to be the first to concede any ground for fear of the media giving it great spin but sooner or later a compromise will be reached, a compromise both sides can adhere to so long as saving face is not the price paid.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-19-17, 04:23 PM   #6768
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Mrs May has blown two months on a general election that backfired and still no agreement with the DUP puts the EU in a position of wearing the bigger boxing gloves. The UK will back down first and when that happens the rest of the domino's will fall.

The UK is tearing itself apart on many levels which adds up to a future that looks bleak. Unless politician's and the voters wake up and get their act together I see little hope for the UK.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-19-17, 04:30 PM   #6769
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

So what is the answer in your opinion?

Corbyn to lead a coalition?

Old 06-19-17, 04:33 PM   #6770
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

So, who will drink from the poison chalice?

Quote:
A Lib Dem MP tipped to become the party's next leader has ruled herself out of the race.
Jo Swinson, who regained her East Dunbartonshire seat at the general election, had been the bookies' favourite to replace Tim Farron.
But she said she would seek to become deputy leader instead.
Mr Farron quit last week, saying he was "torn between living as a faithful Christian and serving as a political leader".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40321277

Old 06-19-17, 04:38 PM   #6771
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
So what is the answer in your opinion?

Corbyn to lead a coalition?
I don't trust any of them jim as one way or another they are all feathering their nests ready for the golden egg. As for us the voter under the voting system we have we are screwed, as you know jim i want to see the system kicked up the backside with a new fresh broom but it will never happen we are screwed.

Today's politician lusts for money power greed corruption in some shape and form so we are screwed yet again.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-19-17, 06:14 PM   #6772
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

^We the voters and the media have let this happen, when an MP can tell a TV interviewer what questions they will answer and which they won't its bloody pointless listening to it as it just becomes a political broadcast.

Those MP's will stick their greedy snouts into any filthy trough they can find and they have been held less accountable for it for bloody years.
We shall see those Kensington councillors and MP's finding a scapegoat from somewhere to try and deflect the blame from themselves, some stupid sod is going to cop all the flak but you can be rest assured those councillors and MP's will do there best to be fully exonerated of any blame.
Old 06-19-17, 06:53 PM   #6773
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Skybird for the new Ukip leader, great career chance ahead.
"brexit is brexit".
No it is not very well put, Sky, it is indeed very wrong on a lot of levels and contains plain lies. Skybird uses his rhethorics with no regard of the truth. I know that this is enough to win in a debating club, but it remains pure rhethorics. It is so much easier to quote Bild or The Sun and follow those easy-to-understand prejudices, instead of reading this boring stuff what the EU is and does, and what it is not.

Beginning to understand Oberon, it is as if no one had never explained what it is about, next day some forget, others keep hating just because they do not want to understand, and accusating instead of looking in the mirror is so much more fun.. you people just can't help it.
Quoting the same BS again and again, hoping that when you throw dirt again and again it will stick at some point. Maybe it will with the easy-impressed, but i still hope that some people can think for themselves.

Yes, the EU was founded too early. People are too dumb to understand or support it. I guess mankind deserves no better, and if this new right wing stuff spreads further i really hope that mankind becomes extinct asap.

War's das?

Old 06-19-17, 07:11 PM   #6774
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
^We the voters and the media have let this happen, when an MP can tell a TV interviewer what questions they will answer and which they won't its bloody pointless listening to it as it just becomes a political broadcast.

Those MP's will stick their greedy snouts into any filthy trough they can find and they have been held less accountable for it for bloody years.
We shall see those Kensington councillors and MP's finding a scapegoat from somewhere to try and deflect the blame from themselves, some stupid sod is going to cop all the flak but you can be rest assured those councillors and MP's will do there best to be fully exonerated of any blame.
I agree, they have pulled the wool over the voters eyes and there are too dam few of us can see it.

Old 06-20-17, 06:07 AM   #6775
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Diane Abbott: 'I'm back to fighting fitness'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40338820

Heaven help us

Old 06-20-17, 06:08 AM   #6776
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Sir Vince Cable to run for Lib Dem leadership
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40339334

Possibly the only one left who can save the Lib Dems....if it isn't already too late.

Old 06-20-17, 06:20 AM   #6777
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ What do the Liberal Democrats stand for, in the UK? Do you think they have better ideas of how to go on?

Quote Jim:
Quote:
My thinking is that both parties in the Brexit negotiations are playing a game of chicken. Neither want to be the first to concede any ground for fear of the media giving it great spin but sooner or later a compromise will be reached, a compromise both sides can adhere to so long as saving face is not the price paid.
We almost agreed about that before, and it will probably happen (i hope). While i am no fan of brexit at all, a "hard brexit" would be even better for the EU, only problem is the demanded complete access to the Eu-domestic market like when being in the EU. I guess it will not be easy to have both.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-20-17, 07:17 AM   #6778
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
^ What do the Liberal Democrats stand for, in the UK? Do you think they have better ideas of how to go on?
If you like smoking cannabis then they are for you.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson...q2Q#.wj9Ya7oXd

Speaking of the LibDems here is my prediction Jo Swinson will win the Deputy Leadership as at the moment she is the only name down for this position and at 5pm today it closes. I think she will from there go on to be the leader of the LibDems in around 3 to 4 years time. The hot candidate is Vince Cable and I can not see him taking the party into a GE at the age of 80. I think VC will get the leadership and will steady the boat and pave the way for JS.

Old 06-20-17, 07:18 AM   #6779
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Relax jim she will muck up again and again and then that will be the end of her.

We hope.

Old 06-20-17, 10:40 AM   #6780
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Relax jim she will muck up again and again and then that will be the end of her.

We hope.
Unless she resigns as an MP, there will be enough people in Abbott's constituency who will vote for her. Even after her performance during the GE campaign she was still returned as an MP. That means she's available to fill a shadow cabinet role and will do so until Corbyn can put someone else he trusts into that position. The only way to get rid of Abbott would be to remove of Corbyn as Lab Leader. Considering what he's done recently, that may be difficult especially if more Lab MP's knuckle down and start working with him rather than against him.

Moving on to the SNP:

Nicola Sturgeon's indyref2 statement 'likely' next week

Logic says if they're still determined to have one, park it until after the Brexit process is complete.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics