SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-03-06, 08:56 PM   #661
AG124
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

I have now made a Beta release of my AOD Coastal Tanker. I have started a thread on the subject, which you should check out - I made a couple of corrections there that need to be read.

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
http://www.thegreywolves.com/index.html
AG124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-06, 11:40 AM   #662
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

That Scharnhorst is one of the best surface ship mods I've seen for any game. Just imagine her going at it with the "Duke of York" !

Does anyone remember who created all those warship add-ons for SHII and Pacific Aces? Those were very high-quality too, and we need a lot more warships for the game.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-06, 04:35 PM   #663
pierreandre
Bosun

Downloads: 69

The creator the "Scharnhorst" Gerome_73 of the German Ubi forum has already a new project in work. This times it tries to provide the U.S.S Iowa for SHIII.
Here are first pics:

I will hold you up to date!
Old 03-06-06, 09:36 PM   #664
AG124
Sea Lord

I knew they would keep turning them out. And such good quality too. Do you know if they are planning anything else - I would like a Courageous class carrier myself. :hmm:

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
Old 03-16-06, 07:09 PM   #665
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdre Gibs
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierreandre
The creator the "Scharnhorst" Gerome_73 of the German Ubi forum has already a new project in work. This times it tries to provide the U.S.S Iowa for SHIII
Hmm this is gonna be interesting, I have an Iowa Class in the works an jerks as well. But this 1 is not a kit bash job, its all new.
Do you know if we could see some US & UK heavy cruisers as well? Maybe using the 6-inch triple turrets for the American ships? And how about one of the old US battleships that served in the Atlantic? :hmm:
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-06, 10:44 AM   #666
Happy Times
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 10

Whats happening in this front? Is Ubi delivering what it promised?
Old 03-17-06, 02:58 PM   #667
AG124
Sea Lord

All that is great to hear - please keep us updated.

I won't have any more kitbashes ready for awhile though.

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
Old 03-17-06, 03:46 PM   #668
Happy Times
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdre Gibs
I have the Iowa in max at about 80% done, the NevadaA and NevadaB at about 70% Done, The Yamato at about 60% done. The MGBs an MTBs are still in early stages, say 40% done. The Queen Mary is a hull form only, 5% done if lucky. The Blue whale is done, the Great White Pointer is done. The Female Orca is done. The IJN DD is done. The Hood is done. The Ark Royal is done. The 18" Guns are done, the 11"Guns are done, the 14" an 16" Guns have been sorted out. The Avenger conversion is 50% done ( to enable Dual side call signs and British version) The OS-2U is 40% Done. plus I have some other in different stages but still very rough. (RL has slowed me down of late)

The only thing is, for some strange reason I cant seem to import bits atm

The Orca is as you know 100% Done, but I made a small adjustment in its alignment and reimported it, but now every time I do so I CTD with everything. I havn't worked out why yet.
Thats some list! How does it work to get them in the game, do modders have to send them to the devs?
Old 03-17-06, 06:06 PM   #669
Der Teddy Bar
Blade Master

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Times
Thats some list! How does it work to get them in the game, do modders have to send them to the devs?
If cloned correctly (as I am sure they are) they work within the game alongside the original.

For the damage zones to be corrected to correctly represent the ships they will need to come to me.
Der Teddy Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-06, 06:14 PM   #670
Happy Times
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Teddy Bar
Quote:
If cloned correctly (as I am sure they are) they work within the game alongside the original.

For the damage zones to be corrected to correctly represent the ships they will need to come to me.
One question, when? I downloaded the NYGM tw and i like it, just cant wait to see some new merchants in the game.
Old 03-17-06, 08:26 PM   #671
Der Teddy Bar
Blade Master

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Teddy Bar
Quote:

One question, when? I downloaded the NYGM tw and i like it, just cant wait to see some new merchants in the game.
The can be added and will use the NYGM settings.

From another thread...
I have been asked about ‘new’ moded ships and NYGM.

I quote ‘There are several ship types, which are not included in the ship damage mod. It's sad, because, they would bring some more fun in the game. Do you have plans to make them also NYGM compatible?’

All existing and ‘new’ moded ships use the zones.cfg for its compartment values. So if the NYGM zones.cfg is installed, then the NYGM values that make the ships sink will come into play.

For the most part what will be different between the NYGM ships and the ‘new’ moded ships is the total HP’s for the ships. In the NYGM ships they have 2160 where as I presume that most ‘new’ moded ships will have the very low default values such as 200 etc. To make the ‘new’ moded ships better for an NYGM install would require the HP’s to be raised to 2160.

Now we have to consider the compartment behaviour. As changing the location of the 3D structures does not change the damage zones. For instance, if on a tanker I move the engine (i.e. structure indicating the engine is below me) forward 25 metres, the damage zone for the engine is still in the original location! This will obviously result in uncoordinated hit and effects/results.

Apart from this there is also the issue of how the ship sinks. NYGM only tested the stock default ships. The NYGM Tonnage War read me details the difficulties and compromises in great detail and I will not go into that here, but to just say, that the ‘new’ moded ships that have 2160 HP’s may sink in a way as to be ‘not right’. This could be the compartment values, refer to the NYGM Tonnage War read me for details, or it could be the ships Gravity Centre which as required was also moded in the NYGM ships.

EDIT: how long for custom ships old & new? I am 'designing' the damage layout for the merchants and this is expected to be done in a few weeks. At which time I will start work on the merchant ships, then comes the per ship testing.

My time is the first issue, beta team size is the 2nd...

So how long? Not soon...
Der Teddy Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-06, 10:27 PM   #672
AG124
Sea Lord

Tomorrow, I am releasing a NYGM-compatible Converted Whale Factory with 2160 HPs. Don't know what to do about the zones though.

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
Old 03-17-06, 10:32 PM   #673
Happy Times
Ocean Warrior

Thank you for your aswer I just finished a mission and i really like how the ships go down Great things happening with this game
Old 03-18-06, 12:12 PM   #674
AG124
Sea Lord

Smoke now fixed on NCOT. Hasn't yet been tested, but funnel should still collapse fine.

BTW - Does anyone think I should release a fix for the Tugboat smoke too? :hmm:

EDIT: Also, is there any feedback on this USS Pyro skin? (made from a combination of other ships' skins).

DOWNLOAD GWX HERE:
Old 03-18-06, 12:43 PM   #675
WolfyBrandon
Frogman

Downloads: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG124
Smoke now fixed on NCOT. Hasn't yet been tested, but funnel should still collapse fine.
Nice work AG124, I was wondering if the smoke would be fixable on that or not.

Quote:
BTW - Does anyone think I should release a fix for the Tugboat smoke too? :hmm:
Id like to see it, that would be one less bug in the game

Quote:
EDIT: Also, is there any feedback on this USS Pyro skin? (made from a combination of other ships' skins).
I think the skin looks great! release it!

Wolfy

[Current JSGME Mods Used In My Game] "Dave, you will always be remembered! R.I.P." U-759
WolfyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote