Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

WHACK!
Old 06-09-17, 12:25 PM   #6677
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

I have to conclude people have had enough of Austerity as the number one reason the Tories lost, followed by their dreadful manifesto hitting pensioners. I suspect the polls at the start of the campaign or so played their part suggesting crazy predictions like the Tories could win 100 to 150 seats. And in both cases of the Tories and LibDems Brexit being rammed so hard was getting people down.

Labour had a chance being the largest party like the Tories just not enough to pass the post but in their case they had the SNP to side with them. As I already posted it looks like the voters want Labour back but not JC and his fan club. That said if the Tories botch it up Labour could slip back into power not because they are winnable because the Tories lost the plot.

Interesting side line about UKIP voters it seems most voted Labour therefore proving UKIP was a one trick pony that won the trick and nothing more to offer.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-09-17, 12:30 PM   #6678
kraznyi_oktjabr
Sea Lord

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
WHACK!
Was that the starting whack in Whack-A-May(bot)?

Old 06-09-17, 12:42 PM   #6679
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna
Should that be the case then the EU would be well advised to remember how the British people react in times of threats and adversity.
But May needs acceptance by the DUP which she has choosen as king maker, so to speak, and while I did not knpow anythign about the DUP until today it is clear however that the DUP seems to press for softer Brexit and will insist on concessions made regarding EU core demands, in order to make Ireland great again

The EU will note this constellation and will try to make maximum use of it. They would be stupid if they don't try.

As long as May stays as PM, and wants to continue negotiations, she has a snake in her bed now.

Many younger ones seem to have voted who did not go to the referendum one year ago. These do not want a hard Brexit, many do not want a Brexit at all. So why do you think the British people in total will resist too much if the EU presses for a soft Brexit that gives the Eu more of what it wants? This is not WWII, and the young generation today is less nationalistically and more internationally oriented.

And already these two other issues you have in domestic policies in your country, which some say have decided the election, had nothing to do with Brexit. But when Brexit with the not-so-young voter groups is already 3rd rank only on their list of interests, this seems to not be a sign for strong interests of rallying around the Union Jack once the clash with the EU negotiator team has begun, or do I overlook something?

I also do not take it for granted that May will still be PM in two or three years. I currently think chances are that she will go early. At least as long as she does not manage to trump, sink and defeat the EU, and I can no longer see her accomplishing that. Or as a German paper yesterday titled, in reference to the Iron Lady: May is no "eiserne Lady", but an "eiernde Lady" (herumeiern: wobbling, rolling around).

Old 06-09-17, 12:54 PM   #6680
STEED
Lucky Jack

I have been thinking about Brexit and now conclude forget it, why? Well simple the EU monster is entrenched in our education system the young like the EU and one day they will get the UK back in the EU club.

So what is now the point of wasting money on a pointless exercise just to break free for a few years and then decide to kiss the EU to get back in.

Conspiracy maybe but with a weak wash out PM the EU is holding all the aces and the DUP all the kings and PM May a couple of jokers and the rules card.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-09-17, 01:00 PM   #6681
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
PM May promises to provide 'certainty'

Fat chance, I got more chance getting a beer in the post from jim.

Old 06-09-17, 01:15 PM   #6682
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznyi_oktjabr View Post

Could be...

My one and only election prediction came to pass: Paul "That Bloke's A Nuttall" Nuttall lost his pants up here in Boston... the one remaining UKIP MP, I could've told him he might as well go to bed early last night.
Old 06-09-17, 01:23 PM   #6683
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznyi_oktjabr View Post
May be.

"The Merkel of Maidenhead" and other nicknames

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-09-17, 01:56 PM   #6684
Martin James
Watch

Downloads: 88

Last edited by Martin James; 06-09-17 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-09-17, 02:09 PM   #6685
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

So you're a turkey that votes for Christmas are you, I never thought that I'd actually meet one of them, don't come to the attention of these Tories matey or you're going to be well and truly plucked.
Old 06-09-17, 02:17 PM   #6686
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

We might all be a bit slower-moving now... but we can still make it to the bloody polling station
Old 06-09-17, 02:20 PM   #6687
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin James View Post
British politicians are totally dreadful.
They all are, not just the British. Wanting to become a polticians usually only appeals to the scum of the Earth, the deformed characters, the narcissists, the power-hungry, the unscrupulous, the cheaters, liars and fraudsters, the psychopaths, the antisocial and parasytical. The system demands it. And usually they are not even oned tenth as compoetent as thry think of themselves they are. At best they are wily.
Old 06-09-17, 02:26 PM   #6688
Martin James
Watch

Last edited by Martin James; 06-09-17 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-09-17, 02:45 PM   #6689
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

^If that post was directed at me Martin James I've been physically disabled since I broke my neck in 1990, so you or anyone else can't tell me anything about being disabled old boy.
Old 06-09-17, 03:04 PM   #6690
Martin James
Watch

Last edited by Martin James; 06-09-17 at 04:20 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics