SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-07-11, 05:37 PM   #6676
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Has anybody notice that:

I use test version 8 and I canīt get the Obs-Scope higher than on the screen-shot ! It means, I canīt get the obs-scope over the water, I press every button, but the obs-scope will not raise over the water (Iīm on periscope-depth)? Any suggestions ?
The Observation Perisope does not raise as high as Attack Periscope. I think you need to be at 11 or 12 meters to use Obs Scope. From blueprints I have read this is correct.

The Obs Scope is used when patroling and when trying to avoid depth charges because of the verticle view angle.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-11, 05:49 PM   #6677
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 0

@Magic1111

Your periscope depth is too deep (14m).
Old 03-08-11, 03:07 AM   #6678
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
The Observation Perisope does not raise as high as Attack Periscope. I think you need to be at 11 or 12 meters to use Obs Scope. From blueprints I have read this is correct.

The Obs Scope is used when patroling and when trying to avoid depth charges because of the verticle view angle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ustahl View Post
@Magic1111

Your periscope depth is too deep (14m).
Hi Folks !

Thanks for replies ! And yes, my periscope depth was set in the cfg. file too deep ! Iīve set higher and the problem was solved !

Sorry for my question....,

Best regards,
Magic
Old 03-08-11, 05:31 AM   #6679
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Hi Folks !

Thanks for replies ! And yes, my periscope depth was set in the cfg. file too deep ! Iīve set higher and the problem was solved !

Sorry for my question....,

Best regards,
Magic

Which .cfg are you referring to?
I'm having the same issue.

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 05:55 AM   #6680
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post

//
read here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...23&postcount=2

regards
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 07:32 AM   #6681
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post

//
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
Yes, itīs the "NSS_Uboatxx.cfg" (xx stand for your current use sub type) in the data\Submarine folder !
Old 03-08-11, 09:04 AM   #6682
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Thanks for replies ! And yes, my periscope depth was set in the cfg. file too deep ! Iīve set higher and the problem was solved!
In stock, both the obs and attack scope work at periscope depth which is why you only have one periscope icon on the depth controls.

TDW changed it in his mod so the heights are different, which is apparently the way it was in RL and also why his mod has two(2) periscope icons on the depth controls.

The attack scope works at "periscope depth". The obs scope works at "snorkel depth". The bottom scope icon is the correct depth for the "attack scope" and the top scope icon is the correct depth for the "obs scope".

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Bilge_Rat; 03-08-11 at 10:35 AM.
Bilge_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 10:03 AM   #6683
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Terrific, thanks a lot Stoianm and Bilge Rat und dazu vielen Dank zu Dir Magic.

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 10:34 AM   #6684
Tord Hoppe
Watch

Downloads: 27

Iīve just started with SHV and have enabled the Magnum Opus mod-collection.
1. Are there any recommended mods to use with MO? I know itīs most likely a very difficult question to answer since it is largely a matter of personal taste. I also realize that itīs slightly OT in this thread.

2. When I first looked at the Multiple UI mod it also contained a number of optional mods that were largely for setting how/if map contacts should be displayed etc. Are they somehow incorporated into the MO collection, if not can I simply enable them one at a time after first enabling MO?

Last edited by Tord Hoppe; 03-08-11 at 10:47 AM.
Tord Hoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 10:39 AM   #6685
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tord Hoppe View Post
Iīve just started with SHV and have enabled the Magnum Opus mod-collection.
1. Are there any recommended mods to use with MO? I know itīs most likely a very difficult question to answer since it is largely a matter of personal taste. I also realize that itīs slightly OT in this thread.

2. When I first looked at the Multiple UI mod it also contained a number of optional mods that were larege for setting how/if map contacts should be displayed etc. Are they somehow incorporated into the MO collection, if not can I simply enable them one at a time after first enabling MO?
I will sugest you to use after MO the new version of IRAI, the FIX v.13, and of cource the new version of this mod... you can enable the optional mods founded in multiple ui mod - one at tine after MO like you already supoused

cheers
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 02:03 PM   #6686
Antiacus
Medic

Downloads: 9

I had a heck of a time getting RAOBF wheel to work with this. Either the scope would revert back to stock, or the "wheel" part of the gizmo would not spin for me.

I ended up trying quite a few combinations and finally got things working by uninstalling sh5 and all mods, reinstalling with only MO (stock 1x - 4x scope appeared). Manually installed the mano's scopes mod on top of MO and got that part working.

As for the wheel, it initially worked in a historical mod so i got excited and started my long awaited campaign. No worky. Rats

So i sat there and fiddled with it in the harbor and finally got it to work by clicking on the "manual input" button on the TDC. Voila! The funny thing is that it now works whether on or off, i just had to "kick start" it by clicking the button.

I initially had ERM & toniloCoyote's "real dimensions" installed but now i just use "soan" and haven't had the nerve to installed real dimensions since fouling up my last install of the game. So now i just have MO (patched) and Mano's scopes.

Hope this helps others!

Antiacus
Antiacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 06:13 PM   #6687
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
@TDW

FYI: Just loaded Test 8 and found problems with the speed and depth guages on the lower left. The triangle under the commanded speed doesn't move, regardless of what speed is requested. The depth number and speed number do not change after a depth or speed change request, despite the boat changing depth or speed, which I can see in the guages while sitting in the conning tower. Flipping out of map or con screens, etc., seems to change those numbers sometimes, but they aren't accurate, regardless. Reloaded Test 7 and things are back to normal, so it's definitely something related to Test 8.
Just fired up test version 8 and I can't duplicate the problems you mentioned. Sounds like you have a corrupt install somehow. I click on speed and depth and they respond.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 06:23 PM   #6688
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Currently running test 8, and I notice when you first goto the attack scope it has a difference set of grids on the glass, once you zoom in and back out however it changes and stays that way until you leave the scope and come back.

I'm not sure if thats an issue, or some left over scope from previous mods, or something else, it doesn't effect the game in anyway so its not a huge concern, but just thought i'd bring it to your attention.
Can't reproduce this either. When I first go to the attack scope the grids are there (at low zoom). When I zoom in the grids disappear (result of mano's scope mod). When I zoom out the grids reappear. I leave the attack scope station. I re-enter the attack scope station and everything is working as previously described.
Old 03-08-11, 06:27 PM   #6689
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiacus View Post
I had a heck of a time getting RAOBF wheel to work with this. Either the scope would revert back to stock, or the "wheel" part of the gizmo would not spin for me.

I ended up trying quite a few combinations and finally got things working by uninstalling sh5 and all mods, reinstalling with only MO (stock 1x - 4x scope appeared). Manually installed the mano's scopes mod on top of MO and got that part working.

As for the wheel, it initially worked in a historical mod so i got excited and started my long awaited campaign. No worky. Rats

So i sat there and fiddled with it in the harbor and finally got it to work by clicking on the "manual input" button on the TDC. Voila! The funny thing is that it now works whether on or off, i just had to "kick start" it by clicking the button.
currently the RAOBF cannot be rotated unless:
- you have TDC turned on
- you have manual input enabled
Old 03-08-11, 08:42 PM   #6690
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Test version 9 of v6.4.0 released. See post #1 for details

@ Trevally and Magnum: see \data\Sea\NLL\NLL.ait for changes to the additional info text of the ships

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui