SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-05-11, 05:04 AM   #6646
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

No. Make sure ur album is not set on private, or else none except you will see it.

TDW, the .ait can be formated? I mean with stuff like "bold, italic, font size and color"?
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 05:11 AM   #6647
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
No. Make sure ur album is not set on private, or else none except you will see it.

TDW, the .ait can be formated? I mean with stuff like "bold, italic, font size and color"?
Thanks Magnum

Silly me
Accidently I must have changed this ...
Now I've changed this. Did it help?
//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 05:14 AM   #6648
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Yes and we can now see your sig

The scopes are manos scopes, so no scales unless you use RAOBF.
Old 03-05-11, 05:48 AM   #6649
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalfi2005 View Post
I have tested the new build.

Maybe there is an issue .... when my cursor get over the compass bar down left , sometimes there is a course change without clicking the mouse.

No other issue found currently ....

Greetings and thanks for your great work.

I've had the same thing.
Jester_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 06:05 AM   #6650
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester_UK View Post
I've had the same thing.
I noticed that as well .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 07:47 AM   #6651
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Yes and we can now see your sig

The scopes are manos scopes, so no scales unless you use RAOBF.
Thanks Trevally

I better go activate the RAOBF.

/
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 08:17 AM   #6652
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Secondly:
The radar antenna.
When standing on deck the antenna is up and rotating no matter what I do. If I switch the radar off makes no difference, it just stays up rotating.
Plus this - even if 'my boat doesn't have a radar is the antenna up and rotating

In stock the antenna is down if the radar isn't used or the boat isn't equipped with a radar.
that's not a radar antenna. That's the DF (direction finder) loop. It is supposed to be up and rotating when surfaced. It'll lower itself after you submerge some (I believe around 12m).
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 08:19 AM   #6653
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I have tested the new build.

Maybe there is an issue .... when my cursor get over the compass bar down left , sometimes there is a course change without clicking the mouse.

No other issue found currently ....

Greetings and thanks for your great work.
Can't say I've noticed this but I can see how this could possibly happen. If the course change does happen, it's probably a very small value that the course is changed to? I'll look into the TDWMouse.dll and see if something can be done to mitigate that.

EDIT:

ok, figured out why this is happening to some of you. Basically I wasn't clearing some values when the mousewheel events were enabled. It has been fixed and will be available in test version 9.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 03-05-11 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-05-11, 11:39 AM   #6654
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

I tried test version 8, but noticed the scope offset feature no longer worked.
Old 03-05-11, 12:00 PM   #6655
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
I tried test version 8, but noticed the scope offset feature no longer worked.
How did you try to 'change' the values? Keyboard? Keyboard is a no go now, mousewheel is the answer!
Old 03-05-11, 12:02 PM   #6656
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
How did you try to 'change' the values? Keyboard? Keyboard is a no go now, mousewheel is the answer!
thanks, will try again.

tried it, it is cool with the mousewheel.
Old 03-05-11, 01:51 PM   #6657
Church SUBSIM
Weps

Downloads: 120
Uploads: 4

Quote:
I have experienced this as well, and I am almost sure it's not when the mouse is over the compass or the degree bar that is at the bottom. (I was looking through the SOAN the last time I noticed it happen) I'll keep looking out for it. It only changes the course by 10 to 15 degrees.

Church SUBSIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 01:57 PM   #6658
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church SUBSIM View Post
I have experienced this as well, and I am almost sure it's not when the mouse is over the compass or the degree bar that is at the bottom. (I was looking through the SOAN the last time I noticed it happen) I'll keep looking out for it. It only changes the course by 10 to 15 degrees.
I've fixed the problem and it will be available in next test version.
Old 03-05-11, 03:28 PM   #6659
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@TDW

FYI: Just loaded Test 8 and found problems with the speed and depth guages on the lower left. The triangle under the commanded speed doesn't move, regardless of what speed is requested. The depth number and speed number do not change after a depth or speed change request, despite the boat changing depth or speed, which I can see in the guages while sitting in the conning tower. Flipping out of map or con screens, etc., seems to change those numbers sometimes, but they aren't accurate, regardless. Reloaded Test 7 and things are back to normal, so it's definitely something related to Test 8.

As a side note, I have noticed that the time it takes to load a save from the initial menu takes longer since Test 6. Reloading a save, though, is as fast as normal.

What do you think of the idea of having the fuel/batteries guage change automatically to reflect when you are surfaced (fuel guage selected) or submerged (battery guage selected)? Can that be done within this mod or is that possible and better suited to an automated task?

Cheers!
Old 03-05-11, 04:13 PM   #6660
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
After a few day tryout, my opinion is this: TDW is a brilliant developer who is interested in breaking new frontiers, but none will secure these frontiers. He is just keep pushing things without looking back. The community is just about: "can you add this and that plz?!" and when is done, none take the responsibility to develop things.

Trevally jumped in and done some very nice tutorials but thats it.. nobody else helped him out. Now.. making mods is fun, but not that much. I asked help on extending the last campaign but on release the topic got sunk like a lame Liberty ship. Also requested help on SOAN, still .... people come here just to complain and ask TDW new features. Maybe is time to realize that the moders are only fans, not developers.
Magnum, I just wanted to take a moment to tell you that you have a lot of people who support you on this thought, whether it relates to SH or in another completely different game that uses mods. It reminds me of a childhood story entitled "The Little Red Hen" (you can google it). Stuff like this is just going to happen whether we like it or not (unfortunately!).

I believe the key is to ignore the parasites (the "gimme gimme gimme" and complaining crowd), so they don't bring you down, and just remember that you are also sharing your joy with those who appreciate what modders do, and believe me, there are A LOT of us who appreciate them (and you!!).

As for requests, in a mod such as this one, there's an unwritten invitation to make requests and so, people are going to ask for them, some reasonable and doable, some not. As long as respect for the modder is shown, that should be fine.

As for helping, there are people (like me) who would like to help, but don't often have enough time or energy to do so. To tell you the truth, when I read your other post where you said "Please hop in if you think you can help", I thought "I wonder if I can help this guy out?", but then reality kicked in and I realized that I'm not in a position to help you properly at the moment, despite any altruistic intent, so I didn't say anything. A lot has to do with timing. At the very least, we help out through play-testing and the occasional feedback.

And as for your Erkennungshandbuch, I really like it. You did a nice job! I hope you keep doing what you're doing!

TDW - sorry to go off track here. I hope you understand.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui