Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-22, 11:27 AM   #6496
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

If Russia moving to "war" some form of mobilization really doesn't solve anything, it doesn't suddenly give them air superiority, it doesn't suddenly let them counter Ukrainian HIMARS/MLRS, it doesn't solve crippling morale and leadership issues in the Russian army. It might provide them with increased numbers of poorly trained and incredibly poorly motivated conscripted infantry, but these are not going to fare well against the Ukrainian military. You can't create an army overnight, you especially can't create an army that can conduct the complex combined arms operations that modern warfare demands quickly. It takes time, and Russia has already been cannibalizing training units to fill holes in their front line units.

And then there's the domestic issue's mobilization causes you're removing economically productive men from the workforce to create (poor) soldiers that further damages the cratering Russian economy it'll destroy Russian public support for the war. It's easy for Russians to ignore the war when they aren't being forced to go fight, but when they're getting conscripted or their husbands, brothers, sons are, they're quickly going to have a totally different "cost/benefit" analysis of Putin's little adventure in Ukraine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 09-20-22, 11:34 AM   #6497
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

30 or so minutes ago Jens Stoltenberg wrote: Sham referendums have no legitimacy & do not change the nature of Russia’s war of aggression against Ukraine. This is a further escalation in Putin’s war. The international community must condemn this blatant violation of international law & step up support for Ukraine.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 09-20-22, 11:35 AM   #6498
Dargo
Admiral

Ivan declined the job offer but he said roughly 120 inmates signed up and were now fighting in Ukraine after a one-week training course. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gner-prigozhin Wow 1 week think we will see Russian records of running broken this winter.

Quote:
Old 09-20-22, 11:43 AM   #6499
Dargo
Admiral

Putin Announcement About Ukraine War - LIVE BREAKING NEWS COVERAGE

Quote:
Old 09-20-22, 12:10 PM   #6500
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Some hours ago I read that Macron requested an urgently phone call with Putin..some hours later I read this on twitter-The media report that Macron was denied a conversation with Putin.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 09-20-22, 12:45 PM   #6501
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Some hours ago I read that Macron requested an urgently phone call with Putin..some hours later I read this on twitter-The media report that Macron was denied a conversation with Putin.

Markus
Nobody will recognize these annexations result will be more support to Ukraine "Senior US military official says US may provide Ukraine with tanks."

Quote:
Old 09-20-22, 12:55 PM   #6502
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quite easy what happens, Putin will hold "referendums" which of course will show that 99,9 percent are for joining Russia (lmao), then any attack against this area will be declared as an "attack" against Russia itself.
So Russia has to "react" against an "attack" with general mobilisation at least, and a nuclear "defense" at most.

I wonder if there is anyone in the whole world who believes Putin's bullsh!t. And i do not even mean russian people.

Does not matter though since no one will take the referendums seriously. But then NATO has the chance to punch him seriously on his nose.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 09-20-22, 01:05 PM   #6503
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Quite easy what happens, Putin will hold "referendums" which of course will show that 99,9 percent are for joining Russia (lmao), then any attack against this area will be declared as an "attack" against Russia itself.
So Russia has to "react" against an "attack" with general mobilisation at least, and a nuclear "defense" at most.

I wonder if there is anyone in the whole world who believes Putin's bullsh!t. And i do not even mean russian people.

Does not matter though since no one will take the referendums seriously. But then NATO has the chance to punch him seriously on his nose.
Ukraine already attacked Russia (Belgorod & Crimea) loser does not need this defiantly lost that clown he lost on the battlefield now he tries it political.

Quote:
Old 09-20-22, 01:09 PM   #6504
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

Call the bastids bluff...that is the only way to react to a tyrannical bully?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 09-20-22, 01:12 PM   #6505
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Officials in four occupied areas of Ukraine say they will hold snap votes on joining Russia.

Administrations in Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia say they will begin this Friday.

The US says it will "never recognise" Russian annexations of Ukraine territory, adding that the latest moves were a sign of Russia's weakness.

The Nato chief calls the planned votes a "sham", French President Macron labels them a "parody"

Ukraine's Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba also dismisses the votes as a sham and says they will not change anything.

Meanwhile, world leaders are gathering in New York for the United Nations General Assembly.

Old 09-20-22, 01:20 PM   #6506
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-20-22, 01:23 PM   #6507
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Officials in four occupied areas of Ukraine say they will hold snap votes on joining Russia.

Administrations in Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia say they will begin this Friday.

The US says it will "never recognise" Russian annexations of Ukraine territory, adding that the latest moves were a sign of Russia's weakness.

The Nato chief calls the planned votes a "sham", French President Macron labels them a "parody"

Ukraine's Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba also dismisses the votes as a sham and says they will not change anything.

Meanwhile, world leaders are gathering in New York for the United Nations General Assembly.

Gotta give credit where credit is due, even Olaf came out and said he would not recognize these referendums.

Keep in mind too there is a huge difference between ‘what Putin wants to do’ and ‘what Putin can do’. I betting that a full mobilization will only expose his lack of control and eventually lead to an uprising. Mobilizing millions of young males into the army. What next? Now you need to:
test & allocate them (who goes where)
train & arm them
quarter & feed them
place them under the capable officers and NCOs

None which is Russia capable of doing well enough

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 09-20-22 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-20-22, 01:24 PM   #6508
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ Agreed

Old 09-20-22, 01:24 PM   #6509
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I think media are right when saying that before a nuclear escalation the referendum will be used as an excuse to formally declare war on Ukraine, and order general mobilization. But the nuclear escalation is the logical end point of this development if Russia cannot stop the loss of occupied terrain conventionally.
Old 09-20-22, 01:27 PM   #6510
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

If matters turn nuclear I think only the US well retaliate in a likewise manner.

Closed Thread