My little lovely female cat
Old 09-17-22, 05:06 PM   #6437
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
There is no gigantic shift in the social debate, no call to lay down arms, or anything like that. On the contrary, when the 'ordinary Russian' on the street is asked about the situation in Ukraine. The tenor there is: 'It may be that there are losses, but that may also be part of a strategy we don't know about.' Of course, you have to take into account that those people do not dare to criticize openly. There are many Russians who no longer talk about politics, even with their own friends and family. The fruits of Putin's politics of fear.
Thats not what I meant, but that the losses so far are not "felt" by the middle class in the big cities and urban areas, but the blood toll is on social outcasts from prisons and poor ethnic minorities from godforsaken places whom the population of the cities do not care much for, and does not know about. General mobilisation means that likely bigger losses will reach the families of those city middle class families that so far leave the coffin-counting to others.
Old 09-17-22, 05:16 PM   #6438
Skybird
Soaring

https://beta.dw.com/en/russians-deba...ine/a-63131313

Quote:
Calls for a mass mobilization of the Russian population to join the army are getting louder. On Tuesday, the leader of the Communist Party, Gennady Zyuganov, spoke to Russia's lower house of parliament, saying the special military operation had escalated into a full-scale war.
"War and special operations differ radically," he said. "A special military operation can just be ended. But you can't just stop a war, even if you want to. You must go all the way."
"War only has two outcomes: either victory or defeat."
The Kremlin was quick to quash any demands for a full-on mobilization, with President Putin's spokesperson Dmitry Peskov stating this is currently not on the agenda.

Russia expert Mark Galeotti, an honorary professor at the UK's UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies, said even a partial mobilization is a "big deal."
"It would mean that firstly, the war isn't going to plan."
"And secondly, it's going to alarm a lot of people for whom the war is a long way away," he added. Until now, the war is being fought by professional soldiers, who are largely ethnically non-Russian. A mass mobilization would draw in many more ordinary Russian families.
"If you start moving to a mobilization, you're going to get Russians in the main cities getting swept up, and you're going to get a lot of wives, daughters, mothers and girlfriends very concerned about what's going to happen."
But the Russian army remains desperately low on personnel. Due to this, soldiers can't be rotated off the front lines to rest.
At the same time, professional soldiers whose contracts are ending are refusing to renew. To solve such manpower issues, right-wing propagandists have been calling for a mobilization for months.
So far, their calls had been falling on deaf ears in the Kremlin.

Galeotti believes a mobilization is possible but currently unlikely.
"It's going to take about three months from the point where you declare mobilization to the point where you have troops, maybe 100,000-plus, actually available," he says.
Three months from now would be the middle of the winter when offensive operations are hardest, Galeotti said.
"I think it's more likely that if we see a mobilization, it'll be later so that they have the forces for a spring offensive; or more likely, to resist a Ukrainian spring offensive."
But the word mobilization is beginning to pick up traction. Despite criticism of the military, the general tone in the media remains patriotic. It may be possible that the Russian public is being prepared for the next escalation in the war.
Old 09-17-22, 05:42 PM   #6439
Dargo
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Thats not what I meant, but that the losses so far are not "felt" by the middle class in the big cities and urban areas, but the blood toll is on social outcasts from prisons and poor ethnic minorities from godforsaken places whom the population of the cities do not care much for, and does not know about. General mobilisation means that likely bigger losses will reach the families of those city middle class families that so far leave the coffin-counting to others.
Putin could do a special mobilisation forcing social outcasts from prisons and poor ethnic minorities from godforsaken places like they did in WW2 then Moscow or St Petersburg will be left out the war they would not care if those untermensch die for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 09-18-22, 12:39 AM   #6440
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Look we h
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Putin could do a special mobilisation forcing social outcasts from prisons and poor ethnic minorities from godforsaken places like they did in WW2 then Moscow or St Petersburg will be left out the war they would not care if those untermensch die for them.
You do know,After this winter and next summer the Americans will trigger the end,Of the world.We have the oldest politicians and they will burn this planet all the way to hell. Before they and their families give up power in this Hemisphere. If you don't believe me.We will see. No Head of a Country will deny the Democrat Party of America. Escape is impossible.So you can Burn with us. As an American we are Democrats you are with us or against us.As Joe said you better have F15's or something bigger in you bread basket . Well we all know what Joe's about. Free **** for everybody that doesn't have to put the check mark in the White box.And that's the real deal
No **** we are ready to use these immigrants to fight.If they think they have a future! Well nothing in life is free.If they don't fight.The white man living in trailer parks will enslave them again.But if you can make it to Martha's Vineyard if you can put 1 foot on Obama's property. Will you be safe no. You have to know Obama is white. And Michelle loved loved her White man he made them Gods and millionaire's they have triggered all the Peoples to come to America.Get here ,get pregnant and you will forever live on the dumb ass that works from paycheck to their next one for ever.Just vote Democrat. But don't **** in my yard.

Last edited by Gorpet; 09-18-22 at 03:20 AM.
Old 09-18-22, 01:57 AM   #6441
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post
Look we h

You do know,After this winter and next summer the Americans will trigger the end.Of the world.We have the oldest politicians and they will burn this planet all the way to hell. Before they and their families give up power in this Hemisphere. If you don't believe me.We will see.
Just how deep is that rabbit hole you are in, or high that info silo? Did you miss your opportunity with Jim Jones? Are you handling rattlesnakes?

I'd like to think I'm joking.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 09-18-22, 03:41 AM   #6442
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Just how deep is that rabbit hole you are in, or high that info silo? Did you miss your opportunity with Jim Jones? Are you handling rattlesnakes?

I'd like to think I'm joking.
I knew you were coming. but it is 4:30 am here. No bull**** with you until next Saturday. And i know your heads will explode. You will just have wait.

Last edited by Gorpet; 09-18-22 at 03:57 AM. Reason: And i must say this we believe in
Old 09-18-22, 04:43 AM   #6443
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Grave sites prompt calls for tribunal over Russian killings

The European Union presidency has called for an international tribunal over Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

The call, from the Czech Republic which currently holds the rotating presidency of the bloc, came after the discovery of hundreds of graves in Izyum, a town recently liberated by Ukrainian troops.

Many are said to be civilians, women and children among them.

"We stand for the punishment of all war criminals," Czech Foreign Minister Jan Lipavsky said.

Ukraine says it believes war crimes have been committed in Izyum, where 59 bodies have been exhumed so far - with more expected from the graves in a forest at the edge of the city.

"In the 21st Century, such attacks against the civilian population are unthinkable and abhorrent," Mr Lipavsky said.

"We must not overlook it. We stand for the punishment of all war criminals," he said.

"I call for the speedy establishment of a special international tribunal that will prosecute the crime of aggression."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62945155

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 09-18-22, 04:45 AM   #6444
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Power back on at huge nuclear plant in Zaporizhzhia

The UN's nuclear watchdog (IAEA) says Ukraine's huge Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant has begun receiving power from the national grid once again.

Shelling in the area damaged power lines connected to the plant.

All six of its reactors are in a state of cold shutdown, but the plant needs external power to cool its reactors and defend against the risk of a meltdown.

The IAEA says the situation of the plant, which is held by Russian forces, has improved but remains precarious.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62943902

Old 09-18-22, 04:51 AM   #6445
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-18-22, 04:55 AM   #6446
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 09-18-22, 05:11 AM   #6447
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Ukrainian strikes into Russia’s border towns compound Putin’s troubles

After a successful Ukrainian counteroffensive in the northeast of the country, the messy war that Russian President Vladimir Putin started is now being fought directly on his doorstep, with artillery strikes hitting military targets in Russia and Russian officials in cities and towns along the border ordering hasty evacuations.

On Saturday, a new round of strikes hit the Belgorod region in Western Russia, killing at least one person and wounding two.

On Friday, Ukraine reportedly struck the base of the Russian 3rd Motorized Rifle Division near Valuyki, just nine miles north of the Russia—Ukraine border. Russian officials did not acknowledge that a military target was hit but said one civilian died, and the local electrical grid experienced a temporary disruption.

Russia blamed the attacks on Ukraine, but Kyiv did not claim responsibility for striking targets in Russian territory.

Kyiv has assured U.S. officials that donated weapons would not be used to strike targets inside Russia proper. But Ukrainian forces are now so close to the border that they can hit targets using their own less-advanced weaponry.

That Russian citizens are starting to seriously feel the impact of the war directly is another new source of pressure on Putin, who returned home this weekend from a meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization in Uzbekistan where he faced a remarkable public rebuke by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and questions about the war from Chinese President Xi Jinping.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...7ce676d29f134d

Old 09-18-22, 05:15 AM   #6448
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Total combat losses of Russia since beginning of war - about 54,480 people, 217 helicopters, 2,210 tanks, 1,309 artillery systems, and 4,718 armored vehicles. INFOGRAPHICS

The Russian invaders, who invaded the territory of Ukraine, continue to suffer losses. As of the morning of September 18, the loss of enemy personnel are approximately 54,480.

This is reported by Censor.NET with reference to the press center of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

As noted, the total combat losses of the enemy from 24/02 to 18/09 are approximately:

personnel - about 54,480 (+230) people were eliminated,
tanks - 2210 (+8) units,
armored combat vehicles - 4718 (+17) units,
artillery systems - 1309 (+3) units,
MLRS - 312 (+0) units,
air defense equipment - 168 (+0) units,
aircraft - 251 (+0) units,
helicopters - 217 (+1) units,
UAVs of operational-tactical level - 918 (+7),
cruise missiles - 238 (+2),
ships/boats - 15 (+0) units,
automotive equipment and tank trucks - 3578 (+7) units,
special equipment - 122 (+1). Source: https://censor.net/en/n3367895

Old 09-18-22, 06:03 AM   #6449
Skybird
Soaring

How do the financial costs for that equipment lost by Russia compare to military costs for the Ukraine and costs for destroyed cities and economic ressources and civil infrastructure?

If comparing losses on a purely material/financial level I fear the Ukraine pays the much higher bill here. Thats why I think the war must be moved onto Russian soil to see the destruction being done there, on the attacker's land, as deep as UZkraine'S wepaoins reach. Sending ground troops onto Russian soil they better do not. And likely they also do not have the numbers for that. But every Russian military unit and supporting infrastructure on Russian soil that they can reach from Ukraine is a valid target for Ukrainian counterattacks as long as the war lasts. Bridges. Powerplants. C3I. Supply depots. Airfields. Troops. Everything.
Old 09-18-22, 10:28 AM   #6450
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10