Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-23, 12:57 PM   #631
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

https://www-focus-de.translate.goog/..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Quote:
Mercenaries remain mercenaries. They come from economically poor areas or from prisons. They are mostly motivated by the idea that they can get rich quickly, although this is a flexible concept. For getting rich, Prigozhin has been a beacon, of course.

Others in such troops are only interested in plundering villages or robbing killed opponents; they tend to violence. That's what happened in Ukraine. So they will look around to see who their next client will be.

In Africa, for example, things are likely to continue exactly as before. There are stable command structures there, the mercenaries may be structured smaller in the future, but the troops will not disintegrate.

They will probably continue to receive the same amount of money from Russia as before. And therefore there will be no reason for large parts of the group not to continue exactly as before.
Old 08-24-23, 01:10 PM   #632
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Hopes are rising in Kyiv that the unconfirmed death of Wagner Group leader Yevgeny Prigozhin will spark more turmoil in Moscow that could boost Ukraine’s war effort, sources close to President Volodymyr Zelensky told i.

While Prigozhin’s troops have vowed to avenge the death of their leader and his key lieutenants Dmitry Utkin and Valery Chekalov, independent experts believe that while military action within Russia is possible, it will be for the elite in Putin’s inner circle to decide whether he remains in office.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...e6fcc7c81&ei=8

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-23, 01:22 PM   #633
Skybird
Soaring

^ For the time being, its quite the opposite. Putin has secured and stabilized his seat and everybody got reminded of how he will end if he challenges the Tzar.

Regime change? Wishful thinking.

Russia can continue with this war for very, very long time.

And major parts of the military apparatus are not satisfied with Putin's soft stand on the war. If Putin gets removed, Russia will increase and escalate the war, probably call general mobilization. Because the successor lost all inihibitions. Or does not know it better. Doesn'T matter, the result would be the same.

The West still wants to hope things to a better end. And Kyiv hopes its own hopes, for which they are excused of course. But well, war does not work this way.
Old 08-24-23, 01:28 PM   #634
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-24-23, 04:20 PM   #635
Skybird
Soaring

US says it was no missile.

Then it must have been the lunchbox of the pilot, storing Russian hot chilli pepper a la Molotovia.
Old 08-24-23, 04:25 PM   #636
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

(Rumour)

He is not dead, he is hiding in Belarus, where he and his soldiers will attack Kyiv.

Someone had read this on VK.

Haha even in his death some can't accept it.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-23, 06:15 PM   #637
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-23, 12:15 AM   #638
Skybird
Soaring

In principle the West by now must already start to equip Ukraine's to be raised new brigades for next year's offensive.

Well.
Old 08-25-23, 06:01 AM   #639
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-25-23, 06:14 AM   #640
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-25-23, 06:16 AM   #641
Skybird
Soaring

Norway becomes the third nation sending Vipers to Ukraine, 5-10 planes. It also will deliver Iris-T systems, it announced, and mine-clearing platforms.

After Europeans made a start, the USA announced too to also train. I think Biden really wanted to push the Europeans to finally take a lead.

Scholz as always behaves like a dud. Although growing parts of German politicians want to carry him to the decision to send Taurus. That thing has some tricks aboard the British and French cruise mssilies sined to do not. It could also have the ability to bomb the Kerch bridge by exploding within the pillars (Taurus can count the penetration depth it has reached). Conven tional bunker busting warheads alone only penetrate through the bridge surface and make a hole into it - right because they are bunker-busters, entering through the hole in the wall they ballistically create and then going boom on the other side, which best should be an "inside".
Old 08-25-23, 06:28 AM   #642
Skybird
Soaring

This is explosive. The German chancellors office has dealt with this with unusual high levels of secrecy, the government was described repeatedly to be extremely nervous about this.

[Tagesspiegel] The commando that blew up the Nord Stream pipelines in the Baltic Sea last year is also believed to have planned an attack on the Turkstream gas pipeline. This was reported by "Der Spiegel." Russian gas is transported to Turkey through the pipeline.

Intelligence services are said to have been warned about a possible second attack, coinciding with hints about the planned Nord Stream attack. This is according to research by the news magazine and ZDF. The BND is said to have initially considered the attack plans on Turkstream - similar to the Nord Stream clues - to be not very credible. It is unclear why the second plan was not implemented.

Data traces would also indicate that the Nord Stream command had fled to Ukraine after the attack in September 2022, according to an advance report by "Der Spiegel." Intelligence services thus assume that a Ukrainian team was responsible for the explosions at the pipelines. There are no indications of a Russian "false flag" operation.

It is also unclear to what extent government agencies in Ukraine knew about the attack plans. The United States had warned Kiev against an attack on the pipelines. President Selensky, however, is said to have known nothing about the plans.

I am merciless on this and stick to what I said before: if this proves to be true, Germany must immediately stop all assistance and delieveries and payments to Ukraine. I dont care whether Zelensky knew it or not. Both possibilties have implications that are not good. I might be oldfashioned, but if the one I help starts shooting at me, I have a problem with that sort of behavior.

Some weeks ago there were reports that they found na female in Moscow that was connected to the boat leasing, I think. So, the story really is not decided yet, and the truth still is not clear.

Behind a paywall, unfortunately.
Old 08-25-23, 06:38 AM   #643
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-25-23, 08:44 AM   #644
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-25-23, 11:01 AM   #645
Skybird
Soaring

While cooking Goulash, I asked myself suddenly: could the plane crash have been staged by the Ukrainian secret service?

Strange thoughts for cooking goulash, I know, but then there is plenty of hacked meat in there.