Old 09-10-22, 11:59 AM   #6166
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
Which causes chaos at CNN.

...after seeing news, Biden declares war on Canada, for being Pro-Poutine.
Was never sure what political persuasion you were Jason....until now

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 09-10-22, 01:37 PM   #6167
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
...after seeing news, Biden declares war on Canada, for being Pro-Poutine.

Old 09-10-22, 01:40 PM   #6168
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Neue Zürcher Zeitung: "I fear that the very big war is still ahead of us" - conversation with Russian writer in exile Arkady Babchenko.

Arkady Babchenko served as a soldier in Chechnya and has described the horror of war in unrelenting detail. He knows the Russian army from the inside and fears that the fighting in Ukraine is escalating. He sees a black future for Russia.

--------------------------------

Mr. Babchenko, you left Russia in 2017 because you feared for your life because of your stance critical of Putin. Today you have asylum in a European country, but your current place of residence is secret. How great is the danger for you right now?

Behind Salman Rushdie you were thirty years. The money for the killer who was set on me has been paid, but the job has not been done. One of the potential killers has revealed the matter to Ukrainian intelligence, but those behind it are still active. The chain goes all the way to Russia and probably reaches all the way to the top to "Putin's cook," Yevgeny Prigozhin, the owner of the security and military company "Wagner," which operates on Putin's behalf. At least, that's how Ukrainian intelligence sees it.

In 2018, in order to find out these connections, you even faked your assassination by Russian intelligence services. A not uncontroversial action.

I don't know. Death is part of my life. In 2014, I was supposed to be shot once before in Crimea. I was naked and had a bag over my head. I could hear the soldier's nervousness from the sound of the rifle. His bullet missed me.

These days, your book "Im Rausch. Russia's War." It is a kind of diary, consisting of essays or Facebook entries, going back ten years. Three days after Russian troops began invading Ukraine in February of this year, you note, "Russia has lost the war. Already."

Today, if you look at Russia's goal, which is the total subjugation of Ukraine, you can say that that goal has fallen far short. Ukraine has kept its sovereignty, its army, and now comes the counterattack.

At the moment, I think the situation is that the war can last for a very long time. They talk about "Syrianization" of the war.

The Russians thought they could do it like they did in Syria, but it doesn't compare. Ukraine is not Syria. The country has 40 million inhabitants and measures a thousand kilometers from north to south. Russia simply does not have enough missiles to turn Ukraine into Syria. Already, the Russian army is running out of material. What is like Syria, however, is that the aggressor has targeted residential settlements.

You know the Russian military from your own experience. As a young soldier, you were in the Chechen war twice and described your traumatic experiences in the book "The Color of War. The desolate army and its brutalized morale are painted in the darkest colors. What does Vladimir Putin know about his army and about the chances of this war?

Every dictator lives in his information bubble. Putin hates bad news. He does not use the Internet. News is put on his desk in paper form. Dictators don't necessarily surround themselves with professionals, but with loyal existences very devoted to one.

Putin possibly lives in the idea of winning the war right now?

I don't know, but he hates to lose. Whatever one may think of the qualities and capabilities of the Russian army - in terms of the amount of human resources, it is absolutely superior. I am convinced that Russia will launch another attack on Kiev.

Putin will send even more people to war?

If you look at Russia's population of 140 million people, you can assume that 100 million of them live in poverty. For these people, the current soldier's pay of 200,000 rubles is a fortune. That is why we can assume that Putin can recruit 200,000 men at any time. So he still has supplies. Besides, there are about 400 000 prisoners in Russian prisons. If only every tenth person agrees to serve in the army, that will be enough.

You went to the Chechen war when you were eighteen, nineteen years old. Do you understand the young people who are now going to the Ukraine war?

There are very many who do not inform themselves. Not on the Internet and not anywhere else. Those who are eighteen today actually know Ukraine only as an independent state, comparable to France or Germany. But the anti-Ukrainian propaganda works great in Russia. It is the main weapon of Russia. It is not the submarines or the nuclear missiles, but it is the zombie box of television.

Can you contribute to a kind of counter-narrative with your work? Who else are you reaching in Russia?

No one. I don't even want to. The time for talking is over. It's like in 1943, the year of the war, when no one would have asked if it wasn't better to talk to each other. I no longer associate myself with Russia. I am Ukrainian now.

Your relatives still live in Russia?

Yes, my mother stayed there.

Do you speak with your mother?

Practically not. Very rarely. She thinks I am a traitor and that there are fascists in Ukraine. When I was a soldier in Chechnya at eighteen, my mother followed me. She saw everything. She hated the Russian army. Yeltsin and Putin. Now she thinks I left as a traitor. This is the effect of Russian television.

In what direction is this re-education of your own people going?

Europe must finally understand that a fascist state has formed on its eastern border. Not a fascism-like state, but a de facto fascist state. Russia has already incorporated into its official ideology to destroy neighboring nations. And this fascist state will exist for a long time. At least fifteen, twenty years. And you have to be prepared for that.

What is fascist about the present Russia?

The goals and the propaganda. I saw in 2014 how a whole nation lost its mind.

With the occupation of Crimea?

Yes. In history classes at school, I didn't understand how a nation could go so crazy as to burn people in crematoria and scatter the ashes in the fields. In 2014, I saw it with my own eyes. People were going crazy. A Russian professor of geology told me then that Ukraine had to be destroyed. Since then, I have had no questions at all about German history. If you look at German history, you know what is happening in Russia today. It is going to get worse and worse.

How exactly can it get worse?

I'm afraid that the very big war is still ahead of us. Russia may first retreat and regroup after the initial defeats, but after a few years will attack again. Other theaters will be Kazakhstan and Moldova. Perhaps the Baltics. The problem is not just Putin, but what comes after. The only thing that will help against Russia's expansionist plans is total isolation. Maybe forcing the country to withdraw into itself will do some good. But maybe it won't work, because Russia is enormously rich in raw materials.

Your book gathers blog entries from the last ten years. The entire blueprint of Russian aggression against Ukraine is foreshadowed there. Shouldn't the West have just read along?

The West is acting out of a mixture of naiveté and economic self-interest. Europe has not fought for 75 years and believed that there would be no more shocks. NATO itself has already considered itself superfluous.

Has it escaped the West's notice that Putin has lived permanently in a world of war at least since his work for the secret service?

All of Russia always lives in war. After the end of World War II, Russia participated in forty wars. One war every two years. Always on foreign territory! Putin is a creature of this permanent state of war.

You write that Putin has managed to bring out the worst in people.

Again, we have not yet reached the deepest abyss. There is no bottom, we are still in the middle of the fall. Soon they will start hanging gays in Red Square. The propaganda is working. And the fear in the population is growing.

What is the capacity of the Russian people to suffer?

The Russian people have lived in humility for three hundred years and may continue to do so for another three hundred years. The West still sees the Russian people as a subject of politics. In truth, however, it is only an object of politics. It has no influence at all. The only thing that counts is the will of the tsar. That is how it has always been. And that is how it will always be.

---------------------
Old 09-10-22, 02:07 PM   #6169
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

The colossal cascading collapse of the Russian army continues with breathtaking speed. Maps are often out-of-date as soon as they are posted. Russian positions across Kharkiv and northern Donetsk are folding as Russian troops retreat and surrender. Izium is expected to fall. The Russian military is throwing all the resources it can muster into the Kharkiv theater of operations to stop Ukraine's offensive, but Russian troops are disorganized and unprepared. Even pro-Russian sources are horrified by how paralyzed the Russian command appears to be. https://twitter.com/StateOfUkraine/s...33583059750915

+2,000 sq km of Ukraine territory is liberated since Sept 1, says Zelenskyi two days ago it was 1,000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 09-10-22, 02:54 PM   #6170
Dargo
Admiral

How to add to Russia's force's collapsing morale in Ukraine. Russia's puppet leader in occupied Donetsk, gives update from a speeding car - probably heading to Russia. Says it's all going tits up (quite difficult) in Donetsk. Then tells the taxi driver to get a ****ing move on. https://twitter.com/dimaFromUkraine/...16989337296897

Quote:
Old 09-10-22, 03:16 PM   #6171
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

First I saw this video clip from twitter
My first thought was-The Russian seems to have a different way of celebrating success

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/st...77656220016641

Then a friend posted the answer to the first video

Quote:
On the day Russian forces retreated from occupied areas of Kharkiv region and Ukrainian forces reported major gains, back in Moscow Vladimir Putin was inaugurating a giant Ferris wheel & there was a fireworks display to celebrate city day. Surreal.
https://twitter.com/BBCSteveR/status...45bs42zsZ_X1Kw

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 09-10-22, 03:42 PM   #6172
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
First I saw this video clip from twitter
My first thought was-The Russian seems to have a different way of celebrating success

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/st...77656220016641

Then a friend posted the answer to the first video

https://twitter.com/BBCSteveR/status...45bs42zsZ_X1Kw

Markus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Churchill
War is mainly a catalogue of blunders
Maybe we see a rhythm of history:
Stalin’s generals asked for permission to retreat (Operation Barbarossa) to reduce casualties, move to defensive positions, and prepare for a counterattack. Stalin refused. His poorly equipped, trained, and led soldiers were ordered to stand their ground regardless of the consequences.

Quote:
Old 09-10-22, 03:49 PM   #6173
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Maybe we see a rhythm of history:
Stalin’s generals asked for permission to retreat (Operation Barbarossa) to reduce casualties, move to defensive positions, and prepare for a counterattack. Stalin refused. His poorly equipped, trained, and led soldiers were ordered to stand their ground regardless of the consequences.
It has been mentioned a few times here in this thread, that the generals did not dare to tell Putin the truth about the war in Ukraine.

I think Putin is well aware of how his troops are doing in Ukraine.

Markus

Old 09-10-22, 03:50 PM   #6174
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Was never sure what political persuasion you were Jason....until now

Premier Trudeaux Counters with a closing of the Beef Gravy pipeline to the south, causing chaos and rioting at all Golden Corral Buffets. Antifa counterstrikes and burns down all Starbucks in Portlandia.

Sounds like the opening moves to Red Dawn III.

Old 09-10-22, 04:05 PM   #6175
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
It has been mentioned a few times here in this thread, that the generals did not dare to tell Putin the truth about the war in Ukraine.

I think Putin is well aware of how his troops are doing in Ukraine.

Markus
Putin knows same as Stalin knew but admitting failure is impossible for this kinda people with brainfarts

Quote:
Old 09-10-22, 04:06 PM   #6176
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

No joke:

Russian propagandist and editor in chief of the Kremlin’s news agency RT (Russia Today) Margarita Symonyan is quite literally calling this the "great patriotic retreat".

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 09-10-22, 05:16 PM   #6177
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
No joke:

Russian propagandist and editor in chief of the Kremlin’s news agency RT (Russia Today) Margarita Symonyan is quite literally calling this the "great patriotic retreat".

Russia know they can not win this, that is why they change the goals of this "Operation" so often.

Russia claims it withdrew from part of Kharkiv Oblast to boost its efforts in Donetsk Oblast. Igor Konashenkov, a spokesman for Russia's Defense Ministry, said on Sept. 10 that Russia had transferred troops from Balakliya and Izium in Kharkiv Oblast to Donetsk Oblast. He claimed that the aim of the withdrawal was to achieve the main aim of Russia's so-called "special military operation" - the capture of the entire Donbas. The statement came after Ukrainian forces regained control over Balakliya, Izyum, and Kupiansk.

Quote:
Old 09-10-22, 05:24 PM   #6178
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Todays update

Markus

Old 09-10-22, 05:40 PM   #6179
Dargo
Admiral

In addition to recruiting prisoners/psychiatric patients/homeless people, Russia has sent undocumented workers to Ukraine. The blindfolded man captured near Kharkiv is an Uzbek mercenary whose illegal status would have made it easier to send him to Ukraine. By sending powerless "undesirables" to fight in Ukraine, Putin was hoping to avoid general mobilization that could destabilize his regime, but instead, he destabilized the Russian military, which is now failing in large part because of these poorly trained and unmotivated people.
https://twitter.com/StateOfUkraine/s...27220063019009

Quote:
Old 09-10-22, 05:43 PM   #6180
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

From september 8th, but i wonder ..
Local St. Petersburg Deputies Urge Putin be Removed

https://www.kyivpost.com/russia/loca...e-removed.html

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Closed Thread