SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-26-11, 01:42 AM   #6121
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascal4541 View Post
This is the observation periscope. Unable to get off at periscope depth. No problem with the attack periscope.
NewUIs 6_3_6 with SH3 interface

I have a problem with the obs scope well.
The obs scope is fully risen when I get into it and I can't adjust height at all.

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 11:12 AM   #6122
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
I have a problem with the obs scope well.
The obs scope is fully risen when I get into it and I can't adjust height at all.

//
Have you disabled all mods except the core UIs mod to see if the problem still exists? Using the arrows on the far upper left in the scope screen doesn't rise/lower the scope?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 11:38 AM   #6123
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Have you disabled all mods except the core UIs mod to see if the problem still exists? Using the arrows on the far upper left in the scope screen doesn't rise/lower the scope?

Why can't I be that logical myself...?

I've tried with and without other mods but...
Will do that right away.
Thanks.
//BRB

Now I've tested it but no luck.

Neither the up/down arrows nor the "fully riser/lower" arrows work. But I hear hear the sound of a moving scope.

//

Last edited by Silent Steel; 01-28-11 at 12:03 PM.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 12:29 PM   #6124
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Why can't I be that logical myself...?

I've tried with and without other mods but...
Will do that right away.
Thanks.
//BRB

Now I've tested it but no luck.

Neither the up/down arrows nor the "fully riser/lower" arrows work. But I hear hear the sound of a moving scope.

//
If you hear the sound that means the scope is moving. Is the scope picture inside the scope height box moving when you hit the arrows? The obs scope will not fully lower with the arrow keys or keyboard keys. In order for it to fully lower you have to leave the obs scope station.
Old 01-28-11, 03:13 PM   #6125
Gravina
Watch

Downloads: 146
Some problems here

Want to give thanks to all people doing the work of make this game really awesome.

Hi everyone i follow subsim since sometime ago but never decide to write always read, mostly coz english is not my language, im fan of SH since the first game so i know how to shoot a "eel", y get a bargain with SHV for only 6 euros and decide to mod it from the begining coz i know how good are the mods from the community i played most of mega mods and tweaks in past sims and had a lot of fun .

So to the point, i have installed 6.3.0 and 6.3.6 patch with default UI SH5 enhanced and have some problems maybe i did something wrong but had to know coz im starting to get LOL.

As you can see in the image there are 3 numbers and those are 3 that wonīt let me play
1 (this is not a mayor problem to play) i canīt know which is the time compression set, there is not number displayed.
2 the speed dial arrow donīt move ahead or backwards so im unable to see which is my dial setup, furthermore the speedmeter still at 00 even giving the order of ahead flank.
3 neither of the orders works, i canīt give dive/surface orders.
4 the advanced options by default LCtrl donīt work so resuming i canīt handle the sub.
5 the SOAN book is only dragable i canīt open it.

6 (Not sure of this) orders are not updated in message box so wheni give ahead 1/3 for example the order is not showed in the message box.

And thatīs all, i guess coz i was unable to sail in this conditions, hope you can help me guys .

Emmm excuse my english i learned it mostly talking with gibraltar fishermen and they speak kinda bad LOL.
Gravina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 03:29 PM   #6126
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

In order to narrow down what the problem is you need to edit your \Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg file. Find the section below and make it look exactly like the below:

[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
;MenuEditor=No
DebugScripts=Yes

Then restart game. Post any dialog box popups that appear.
Old 01-28-11, 04:00 PM   #6127
Gravina
Watch

Downloads: 146
Default Some problems here

TheDarkWraith says:
Quote:
In order to narrow down what the problem is you need to edit your \Documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg file. Find the section below and make it look exactly like the below:

[DEVELOPING]
Modding=Yes
;MenuEditor=No
DebugScripts=Yes

Then restart game. Post any dialog box popups that appear.
Thanks for your fast answer comrade, i did whatyou say, unfortunately no dialog box popup so im going to tell you what i did; i installed the mod yesterday and was working nice even without the patch played like 3 hours, no problems at all was even more smoooth and fluid than with vanilla did like 5 entrys in the shipīs journal, i went to bed and try to play this morning but i had some kind of problem with the shipīs journal subprogram wonīt allow me to play just stuck at the main menu unable to choose any option, then i notice that i forget to add the patch, so i did first with the mod enabler and had this prblem and finally manually and still the problem so thatīs all, hope this help .
Gravina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 04:25 PM   #6128
Itkovian
Helmsman

Downloads: 15

What is the proper procedure to update this mod?

I am currently using an earlier version, and would like to update to the current.

Is it safe to just disable mod, plop in new one, and enable it? (after setting the various switches that is).

Itkovian
Itkovian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-11, 04:29 PM   #6129
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itkovian View Post
What is the proper procedure to update this mod?

I am currently using an earlier version, and would like to update to the current.

Is it safe to just disable mod, plop in new one, and enable it? (after setting the various switches that is).

Itkovian
depending on how old the version is and whether you have an active ship's journal you may need to use the ship's journal editor app to bring the old journal up to new spec.

The options migrator is also your friend when upgrading to new versions. Both can be found in \data\Applications

Simply disable old version. Install new version. Use options migrator to migrate old options to new options file. Apply any required patches and then enable via JSGME.
Old 01-28-11, 06:03 PM   #6130
Itkovian
Helmsman

Quote:
depending on how old the version is and whether you have an active ship's journal you may need to use the ship's journal editor app to bring the old journal up to new spec.

The options migrator is also your friend when upgrading to new versions. Both can be found in \data\Applications

Simply disable old version. Install new version. Use options migrator to migrate old options to new options file. Apply any required patches and then enable via JSGME.
Does the UI now change something with the AI as well? There's a thread in the SHV forum that mentions the UI somehow affects the AI as well.

Itkovian
Old 01-28-11, 06:04 PM   #6131
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Does the UI now change something with the AI as well? There's a thread in the SHV forum that mentions the UI somehow affects the AI as well.

Itkovian
The NewUIs mod does nothing to the AI. IRAI does though (obviously).

Magnum Opus (MO) changes the AI. My NewUIs mod is the core part of MO and that is probably where you are getting that from.
Old 01-28-11, 06:07 PM   #6132
Itkovian
Helmsman

Quote:
The NewUIs mod does nothing to the AI. IRAI does though (obviously).

Magnum Opus (MO) changes the AI. My NewUIs mod is the core part of MO and that is probably where you are getting that from.
Very well, thank you.

Also, about the patch... is it installed with mod manager as well (after the main version, natrually).

Itkovian
Old 01-28-11, 06:08 PM   #6133
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Very well, thank you.

Also, about the patch... is it installed with mod manager as well (after the main version, natrually).

Itkovian
patches are meant to be a permanent fix. Thus you need to copy and paste the folder(s) from the patch to the folder(s) in your MODS folder.
Old 01-28-11, 06:16 PM   #6134
Itkovian
Helmsman

Also, one of the reasons I'm interested in using the newer version is Real Navigation.

The only problem is I can't find any information on what this actually entails. Is there a good descriptive post about it somewhere?

Itkovian
Old 01-28-11, 06:18 PM   #6135
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Also, one of the reasons I'm interested in using the newer version is Real Navigation.

The only problem is I can't find any information on what this actually entails. Is there a good descriptive post about it somewhere?

Itkovian
look back through the pages of this thread. Much information was discussed about it.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui