Closed Thread

Old 02-28-17, 10:01 AM   #6046
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I reckon it'll go down, but probably not by enough to be used to oust the Cuckoo.
I just can not see the Cuckoo stepping down even if Labour lost the seat. What is the point of another leadership challenge when old Cuckoo's fan club will re-elect him yet again.

I think jim had a good point Cuckoo's fan club are only interested in ruling the Labour Party and to the four winds about a party in opposition showing its strong and has the guts to take on the government.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 02-28-17, 10:04 AM   #6047
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
This has been turned into a political subject.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39118566

I'm confident it won't happen but I'd still have his Knighthood taken away from him.
I would gladly strip him of his Knighthood and throw him into the slammer for a good year.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 02-28-17, 10:16 AM   #6048
STEED
Lucky Jack

UKIP in fighting now turns on its only MP.

Quote:
UKIP MP Douglas Carswell called in after Nigel Farage says he should be kicked out
http://news.sky.com/story/ukip-mp-do...to-go-10784989

Quote:
UKIP: Arron Banks may stand against Douglas Carswell
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39114851

Quote:
Ukip's only MP Douglas Carswell hints he could return to the Conservatives
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...conservatives/

Old 02-28-17, 10:32 AM   #6049
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I'm not sure Mr Carswell knows which camp he belongs to and doubt he will survive the next election anyway.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-28-17, 11:05 AM   #6050
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I'm not sure Mr Carswell knows which camp he belongs to and doubt he will survive the next election anyway.
2014 By-Election
UKIP - Douglas Carswell 21,113
Conservative - Giles Watling 8,709

2015 General Election
UKIP - Douglas Carswell 19,642
Conservative - Giles Watling 16,205

It looks like the Clacton seat is looking like a possible seat that could fall back to the Tories.

Old 02-28-17, 11:13 AM   #6051
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

It seems that Jeremy Corbyn is disliked as much by some subsim members as he is by his own Labour MPs, he might not be a very effective enough politician but no other Labour MPs are either, he might lack the statesmanlike gravitas of a world leader but so do the other MPs as well, he might be a useless party leader but I suspect that the rest of them will be just as useless as well.

So tell me gentlemen, which current Labour MP do you think has got the gravitas to turn the party back into general election contenders, some names would be much appreciated, I'm sure I can more than match the scorn and derision that you have applied to the current leader of the Labour Party to the ones that you'll supply.

Not one of those back stabbing self serving bastards have got the balls to drag this party from out of the gutter where it currently is into a viable electable shadow government, so supply some names please so they can be judged on their merits to stand tall as a respected world leader.
Old 02-28-17, 11:15 AM   #6052
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The last one with any real chance IMHO was David Miliband.

Old 02-28-17, 11:24 AM   #6053
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
So tell me gentlemen, which current Labour MP do you think has got the gravitas to turn the party back into general election contenders, some names would be much appreciated, I'm sure I can more than match the scorn and derision that you have applied to the current leader of the Labour Party to the ones that you'll supply.
No point as I understand it the leader is voted by the party membership and the Unions and as most of that membership is made up of Cuckoo's fan club no one has a chance in winning other than Cuckoo JC. Only the massive defeat at the general election in 2020 will bring down Cuckoo JC.

But as you wanted a name David Milliband but he stepped down as MP and now works in America when he lost to his nice but weak brother Ed Milliband who lost the 2015 general election.

Old 02-28-17, 12:22 PM   #6054
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post

But as you wanted a name David Milliband but he stepped down as MP and now works in America when he lost to his nice but weak brother Ed Milliband who lost the 2015 general election.
A lot of that was due to the fact the unions used their block voting powers.

Old 02-28-17, 12:29 PM   #6055
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
A lot of that was due to the fact the unions used their block voting powers.
Indeed they the unions probably were thinking they could wrap Ed around their little finger unlike David. How far they got I don't know but clearly Ed was not leadership material.

Old 02-28-17, 02:53 PM   #6056
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
I just can not see the Cuckoo stepping down even if Labour lost the seat. What is the point of another leadership challenge when old Cuckoo's fan club will re-elect him yet again.

I think jim had a good point Cuckoo's fan club are only interested in ruling the Labour Party and to the four winds about a party in opposition showing its strong and has the guts to take on the government.
Depends, a lot of Cuckoos fan club were very anti-Brexit, if Labour were to run an anti-Brexit leader he might get enough votes over Cuckoo to oust him.
Old 03-01-17, 06:21 AM   #6057
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Indeed they the unions probably were thinking they could wrap Ed around their little finger unlike David. How far they got I don't know but clearly Ed was not leadership material.
A quick, personal example....At the time I was an assistant secretary of a large trade union organisation and the secretary and I both knew David professionally and socially. We both used our votes in support of David but knew full well that the block vote of our membership was to be cast in favour of Ed.

That's democracy for you.

Old 03-01-17, 06:23 AM   #6058
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Government facing Brexit defeat in Lords over EU nationals
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39123604

Just think of the financial savings that could be achieved if this shower of leeches was disbanded!!

Old 03-01-17, 07:55 AM   #6059
STEED
Lucky Jack

OK today's PMQ's scorecard..

May 2 Corbyn 1

I have to give Corbyn one for his remark on government borrowing and the national debt.

Old JC was back on the NHS again thie week with mental health cuts, the government said there were no cuts but listening to a phone in radio station the callers said they were going to be cuts. One caller said he was going to loose £30 in his benefits a week as from such a date as quoted from a letter he rec'd.

I did notice the PM May was batting off Corbyn's attack but not in her usual strong way.

Old 03-01-17, 07:58 AM   #6060
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39123604

Just think of the financial savings that could be achieved if this shower of leeches was disbanded!!
That dinosaur house full of farts should be elected and made to work as in most part most of them are sleep, makes you wonder how they do any work...Outsourced?

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics