SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-12-11, 08:23 PM   #6016
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
for some reason after 6.3.0 patch 4,

- the manual targeting cheat bug is present again (manual targeting is enforced via tdw options)

- the entire menue has changed from german to english

ahem i didnt saw the new menue.txt, my fault.. iam also pretty shure if starting from port and check the realism setting, my second issue is solved also.

but what still bothers me is...

iam a big friend of the SH3 style UI together with WWII textures. I also edited the options file to auto hide all the UI elemts and bars showing them doing a mouse over.

after switching to external view, or entering the nav map (also by returning from it), the essential gauges (dept,speed,dir) pop up and stay, until i mouse over them. After doing so, the essential gauges return to its normal hide/show functionality.

any ideas ?

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-11, 04:47 AM   #6017
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

Hi TheDarkWraith!
Very often when working with the periscope has begun to emerge such an error.

This can happen at any time: just when you hover on a target when calculating the distance to the target, or at any other time
Old 01-14-11, 12:59 PM   #6018
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Had a CTD during one of the tutorials with the latest version. This was during the Automation Tutorial.

I'll post my mod load-out a little later, I am not at my gaming computer.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 01:26 PM   #6019
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

TDW,
How to import ship journal from 5.9.0 ver. to 6.3.4?
This is a problem with open saved journal at 6.3.4 and no possible to save it as new/upgraded.

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 06:40 PM   #6020
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
TDW,
How to import ship journal from 5.9.0 ver. to 6.3.4?
This is a problem with open saved journal at 6.3.4 and no possible to save it as new/upgraded.
Use the ship's journal editor app. When at the main menu select the journal you want to convert to new version from list of available journals. Click on journal selected in main menu to edit it with ship's journal editor app. Then click File-->Save and it will be saved as new version type.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-11, 06:52 PM   #6021
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101 View Post
A quick question - do we still need to use the patch above if we are using the mega mod

Rascal
MO includes all patches from this. If I update one then I turn around and issue an update tfor he other also. Hence is why MO is at patch 2 now and NewUIs is at patch 4.
Old 01-14-11, 06:54 PM   #6022
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
ahem i didnt saw the new menue.txt, my fault.. iam also pretty shure if starting from port and check the realism setting, my second issue is solved also.

but what still bothers me is...

iam a big friend of the SH3 style UI together with WWII textures. I also edited the options file to auto hide all the UI elemts and bars showing them doing a mouse over.

after switching to external view, or entering the nav map (also by returning from it), the essential gauges (dept,speed,dir) pop up and stay, until i mouse over them. After doing so, the essential gauges return to its normal hide/show functionality.

any ideas ?
Tell me what options (in regards to items that scroll) you have set, UI style, and exactly what actions you do to make this problem appear so I can try and duplicate it and see why it's doing what it's doing.
Old 01-15-11, 01:06 AM   #6023
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Tell me what options (in regards to items that scroll) you have set, UI style, and exactly what actions you do to make this problem appear so I can try and duplicate it and see why it's doing what it's doing.

A program I've found useful when checking changes made to a file is WinMerge. With this you can edit two files simultaneously, e.g. two versions of the UserOptionsfile. It even highlights differences between the two files. You can download it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/winmerge/

//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 04:00 AM   #6024
Nufsed
Sparky

Downloads: 500

Quote:
all changes made to my UIs mod are already incorporated in Magnum Opus. If I update one I update the other
Thanks TDW, I should have known...

Nufsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 05:21 AM   #6025
harag
A-ganger

Downloads: 67
Default TDW-Mega Mod - Periscope Spotted

Hi

I'm using the Mega mod patch 2 in my game, and I'm out on partrol. I've dived down and found a faint contact over 10k from my position, no other contact. worked out what general direction he's heading...

It's 5pm going dark, and the enviroment looks cloudy, though the weather report says clear. Surfaced the boat and headed off at full speed to flank the contact. Not long after setting off I noticed I have a radio message.

Periscope spotted... WHAT? I'm no where near him and I can't see him. How can he spot me? Can you explain how the periscope spotting works?

Within 10-15 minutes two planes were spotted so I crashed dived...

Confused on the spotting now...
harag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 05:45 AM   #6026
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by harag View Post
Hi

Periscope spotted... WHAT? I'm no where near him and I can't see him. How can he spot me? Can you explain how the periscope spotting works?
Besides discouraging exit from the port - every ship in the port of reports seen a submarine.
Old 01-15-11, 11:48 AM   #6027
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
...upoaded the current options file i have in use together with a screenshot of my current jsgme mod list. -> http://sahraniradio.armedassault.eu/...ons_stormy.zip

it`s occouring if i switch to external view using "F2" or use the ship external cams or the 2d map screen. Then everytime the essential gauges pop up, so i have to do a mouse over them, hiding them again.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-11, 12:09 PM   #6028
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

My friend spotted a problem with Ship Journal:

Ship Journal (old / new) does not save messages excluded radio messages. When other messages are existed file is modified (data of save is changed) but no new messages are added. Creation a new journal does not help.

This problem was spotted when he tried to use old ship journal (from ver. 5.9.0) without journal app support. After that he created the new at new career, but it does not help - problem is still existed.

--------------------------------------
edited:

Mod + patch = 6.3.4 ver used:

He tried to convert ship journal ver. 5.9.3 to new mod 6.3.4. After SH5 start the old-new journal is empty (one page) - no old entries. Saving the old journal erased the file - before saving my log had 228kB, after saving 22B and is empty.

He created new journal (in ver 6.3.4) and tried to open with JournalShipEditor - unfortunatelly its not possible - the error occured:

Last edited by PL_Andrev; 01-15-11 at 01:45 PM.
PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 01:58 AM   #6029
Ross59
Watch

Downloads: 627

Hi TDW. I am having trouble with the latest version of your UI. 6.3.4. When I try to select a journal or tutorial the Left mouse button action is not detected. I can highlight the Journal or Tutorial I want but can not click on it. I have to revert to 5.9 to restore this function.
Ross59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-11, 04:16 AM   #6030
pfeillant
Watch

Downloads: 13
Default DIFFICULT

Hi TDW, my also have trouble with UI 6.3.4.
I made a new installation of SH5
Then i install only your MOD NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith and the patch 4.
At the first boat i sink, the application remains blocked, and i had to kill the process
I can not continue with this mod now
best regards
pfeillant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui