SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-14-08, 05:51 PM   #586
Egon01
Helmsman

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

Not even......I use 1.5
Egon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-08, 06:11 PM   #587
Vacquero
Seaman

Downloads: 25

Well hell, I don't know what to tell you then. Sorry.
Old 07-14-08, 08:55 PM   #588
Anachronous
Medic

Downloads: 22

Ok trying this mod out now, but have a fairly major issue.

I'm using auto-targetting, but it seems since installing this mod, it now no-targetting

Every Torp I fire (no matter the type and with a Gato and experienced crew) goes directly aft of the ship im shooting at, no matter the speed, distance or type of ship.

Now I can lead the target by unlocking the target lock and aiming further towards the bow, but then almost every torp is either a dud, hits the ship, falls to the bottom then explodes, or still manages to fly right by the aft!

Through playing around with a semi-auto solution and different tactics i've managed to hit a few, but in general it takes about 4-5 loads of a save game before I manage to sink a single ship with firing a full salvo or torps.

These are my installed mods.
REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_152
RSRDC_TMOv15_V371
RSRDC_V371_Patch10
#1 PE3 Install
#2d PE3 Special Effects For TMO
#3b PE3 submarine bubbles and caustics and roll pitch for TM
#4 PE3 Ship_debris_SH4_with bodies
#5 PE3 real reflections for harbour and objects
#6 PE3 patch for TM
2RTR US Periscope v1.1
SI HUD Kit
TMO_SBoat_engine_Patch
Camera distance

Could one of these mods be screwing up the auto-target?
Old 07-14-08, 11:07 PM   #589
Lynx2069
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachronous
Ok trying this mod out now, but have a fairly major issue.

I'm using auto-targetting, but it seems since installing this mod, it now no-targetting

Every Torp I fire (no matter the type and with a Gato and experienced crew) goes directly aft of the ship im shooting at, no matter the speed, distance or type of ship.

Now I can lead the target by unlocking the target lock and aiming further towards the bow, but then almost every torp is either a dud, hits the ship, falls to the bottom then explodes, or still manages to fly right by the aft!

Through playing around with a semi-auto solution and different tactics i've
managed to hit a few, but in general it takes about 4-5 loads of a save game before I manage to sink a single ship with firing a full salvo or torps.

These are my installed mods.
REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_152
RSRDC_TMOv15_V371
RSRDC_V371_Patch10
#1 PE3 Install
#2d PE3 Special Effects For TMO
#3b PE3 submarine bubbles and caustics and roll pitch for TM
#4 PE3 Ship_debris_SH4_with bodies
#5 PE3 real reflections for harbour and objects
#6 PE3 patch for TM
2RTR US Periscope v1.1
SI HUD Kit
TMO_SBoat_engine_Patch
Camera distance

Could one of these mods be screwing up the auto-target?
I don't think it's messing with the auto target as I use almost all the same mods and dont have a problem with the auto-target. Although to be fair I make it a personal rule to never lock with the "L" key. . The mods I don't use that you do are the 2RTR US periscope, SI HUD and the camera distance.
When your firing are you firing with the scope up, on a target or are you locking the PK then lowering scope before attacking. I personally at least launch 1-2 torpedos before engaging PK, and even then rarely fire from it. Since your torpedos are going aft is it possible your leaving the scope up to long and being detected??

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.
Old 07-15-08, 12:35 AM   #590
Anachronous
Medic

Downloads: 22

As long as there is nothing obivoulsy conflicting, Im going to do another patrol before I start pulling mods out.

So far I have been only attacking at night, within 500m, both with and without lock "L" and with and without locking PK.

In general though, ive been aiming at the bow of the ship and heating the stern. Longer ship arent such a problem, but the short ones pretty much says im going to miss it by a bee's dingle.
Old 07-15-08, 09:47 AM   #591
Lynx2069
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachronous
As long as there is nothing obivoulsy conflicting, Im going to do another patrol before I start pulling mods out.

So far I have been only attacking at night, within 500m, both with and without lock "L" and with and without locking PK.

In general though, ive been aiming at the bow of the ship and heating the stern. Longer ship arent such a problem, but the short ones pretty much says im going to miss it by a bee's dingle.
I sometimes to have problems with smaller ships. I've always believed it was simply that they were smaller, and could get out of the faster. But I'm generally shooting between 1000-1800m, but don't see how they could avoid it at 500m.
Old 07-15-08, 03:28 PM   #592
Munchausen
Commodore

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 1
How many minutes before firing are you manually opening your torpedo tubes?
Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-08, 04:10 PM   #593
Lynx2069
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Munchausen brings a good point, even though it says they are open, almost immediatly, it does take a few seconds even after the noise stops...I'm assuming a simulated flood time on the tubes.
Old 07-16-08, 02:14 PM   #594
Gorshkov
Commodore

Downloads: 139

Does TMO introduce any new ship sinking model like NSM or leaves the stock one?
Gorshkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-08, 04:26 PM   #595
Tigrone
Commander

Downloads: 41
TMO_EnableUboat_ver4?

Ducimus,
Is there a ver4 now? It's mentioned in Operation Monsun Mod?

I've a broom at the mast said he, for the broom is a sign for me, that wherever I go, I sweep the mighty sea.
Tigrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-08, 06:58 PM   #596
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Munchausen brings a good point, even though it says they are open, almost immediatly, it does take a few seconds even after the noise stops...I'm assuming a simulated flood time on the tubes.
It does take a fraction longer than when advised in the text. I usually open the doors up approx 4 minutes beforehand.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-08, 07:08 PM   #597
Lynx2069
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigrone
Ducimus,
Is there a ver4 now? It's mentioned in Operation Monsun Mod?
Yes, I have it. Let me see if I can find a link...

Edit: I couldn't find a link so I'ne uploaded it myself on filefront....

http://hosted.filefront.com/Lynx2069/

Please note: NONE OF THIS IS MY WORK, I TAKE ABSOLUTLY NO CREDIT AND HAVE JUST UPLOADED THE FILE TO BE OF ASSISTANCE TO FELLOW SUBSIM SKIPPERS. IF SOMEONE WOULD LIKE IT REMOVED, YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM FROM ME ON DOING SO.
Old 07-17-08, 01:55 AM   #598
Tigrone
Commander

Downloads: 41
Default Thank you, I thought I was really dumb, as I couldn't find it.

Is it a Beta perhaps and not officially out yet?

I've a broom at the mast said he, for the broom is a sign for me, that wherever I go, I sweep the mighty sea.
Tigrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-08, 02:22 AM   #599
Flanker15
Seaman

Downloads: 11

I was just wondering, since this mod isn't compatible with the realistic sinking physics mod does it have its own realistic sinking system? Or are there plans to make it compatible?
I see that NSM is credited on the OP but it says it is incompatible in the FAQ, I are confused (I'm guess it's a modified version so it's compatible).
Flanker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-08, 02:27 AM   #600
Zero Niner
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 69

AFAIK the damage model is unchanged from the stock game.
Others have reported that they are able to use NSM mod (1.4) in 1.5 without any adverse effects, but only if playing the US side. U-boaters will be stuck with the standard damage model as NSM does not cover Allied ships.
Zero Niner is offline   Reply With Quote