SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-14, 01:51 PM   #46
bandit484
Medic

Downloads: 523
Uploads: 0
SHO

Welcome to the Community bud
bandit484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 12:38 AM   #47
Herr Eeguy
Watch

Downloads: 40
Hi to all

Thanks for the greetings. I've been here for a couple of years when I purchased SH3 and as you can see I did "some" D/Ling of Mods for that game. I have been reading a lot of post during the span too. Well, I got SH4 off of Amazon and came back to do some Moding of that game and SubSim said uh-uh you need to start posting stuff so (LOL) here I am being talkative.

Oh, my screen name?? Guess what !! I'm a bald as a cue ball !!! that's why I named me this, thinking of my glory hippie days!! ROFL - I'm 63 yrs young and still a big gamer

Nice to meet you all, thanks again for the ww - I love reading all your stories and posts, this IS A FUN and EDUCATIONAL place to be !! (99% of the internet should be jettisoned as flotsam - IMHO)
Herr Eeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 01:02 PM   #48
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Herr Eeeguy!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 02:11 PM   #49
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 03:23 PM   #50
Friscobay
Mate

Downloads: 47
SHO

IMO, immersion is easier for naval students of the world wars if they are fortunate enough to be close to a body of water big enough to be called a ''sea'', ''gulf'', or ''ocean''. In the US, on the West Coast, the USS Pampanito, a BALAO- class sub which is parked close to the liberty ship JEREMIAH O' BRIEN. Both ships offer ''overnighters'' and weekend duties that include for O'Brien, WWII USO -style dances and canteens with everyone attired in period clothing in the ships massive cargo holds berthed not far from the location of 1954s ''The Caine Mutiny'' in SF.
Deep in the heart of Texas, the sailor history buff heads for the USS TEXAS, which will soon be undergoing yard repairs, where the states museum commission loves it when sailors show up in-uniform, especially period, to man the ships many duty stations. Same deal for LEXINGTON down in Corpus Christi
New York Cities INTREPID, Chicagos ACACIA ( and its famous U-505 ), Bostons CASSIN YOUNG , a WWII FLETCHER-class destroyer, are just a few of the many stateside ''floating museums'' where immersion, history, and educating the public are joined.
Friscobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 03:24 PM   #51
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim Friscobay

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 03:29 PM   #52
Friscobay
Mate

Downloads: 47

And a big shoutout to the crusty shellbacks and barnacled denizens as well as the newer sideboys for welcoming the newest bilge rat to the SUBSIM community.
Friscobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 03:57 PM   #53
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Welcome : )

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 04:07 PM   #54
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default welcome aboard

Friscobay!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 04:39 PM   #55
Snarf
Officer

Uploads: 10

Welcome! Speaking of Shellbacks, have you paid your visit to Neptunus Rex, or are ye still a stinking pollywog?
Old 03-24-14, 07:16 PM   #56
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Nice to have another mate to scrub the head..

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-14, 07:33 PM   #57
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friscobay View Post
...crusty shellbacks and barnacled denizens...
Don' be talkin' 'bout me that way...

The truth hurts!

Oh, and WELCOME ABOARD!
Old 03-25-14, 05:26 PM   #58
Herr Eeguy
Watch

Downloads: 40
Dunno if THIS is immersion

but I go to Y-T (don't know if we are allowed to mention other sites here, but you'll figure it out I'm sure - lol) and follow the Silent Hunter Let's Plays from Effing Controller. Check them out, it's entertaining to watch someone else make a "mess" of things while on tour and this guy is pretty cleaver and funny too, he always picks on himself when things don't go as originally planned (they rarely do in these games). He also has other Let's Play vids too.

Apologies to Subsim authorities if I crossed any "verboten" lines here.
Herr Eeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-14, 06:39 PM   #59
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Eeguy View Post
but I go to Y-T (don't know if we are allowed to mention other sites here, but you'll figure it out I'm sure - lol) and follow the Silent Hunter Let's Plays from Effing Controller. Check them out, it's entertaining to watch someone else make a "mess" of things while on tour and this guy is pretty cleaver and funny too, he always picks on himself when things don't go as originally planned (they rarely do in these games). He also has other Let's Play vids too.

Apologies to Subsim authorities if I crossed any "verboten" lines here.
Everybody here, including Uncle Neal, knows that other sites exist and that SubSim afficianados visit them. No biggie.

Forbidden are piracy, ripping others' mods, and flaming. SubSim is all about respect. Give it, get it, give lots to the modder guys who give so much to this community, and don't in any way ssnction stealing of published software. Not at this site anyway.

Did I miss anything, guys?
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-14, 06:45 PM   #60
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
Everybody here, including Uncle Neal, knows that other sites exist and that SubSim afficianados visit them. No biggie.

Forbidden are piracy, ripping others' mods, and flaming. SubSim is all about respect. Give it, get it, give lots to the modder guys who give so much to this community, and don't in any way ssnction stealing of published software. Not at this site anyway.

Did I miss anything, guys?
That's pretty good

Some new folks come to SUBSIM, d\l a bunch of stuff
and are never heard from again. Or ask questions ( which is great and is encouraged ) but do not return the favor.

Give back by helping others

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote