Iron Budokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 03:35 PM   #47
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattydread View Post
Could they do that? Did they have the intel and fidelity to count beats...its been awhile sinced Ive read my memoirs. I might remember a captain having one of those piano beat things that sway back and forth.
Dick O'Kane

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 03:36 PM   #48
Dimitrius07
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Experience being earn by completing quests.. uh I mean missions, in which the experience can be given to a crew member to level up?
Thise is great . I wll level up my Wo officer so he could fire shock ball spell from his ***, but first i will throw that damn annoying cook overboard. A must have i should say.
Old 08-29-09, 03:59 PM   #49
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattydread View Post
Could they do that? Did they have the intel and fidelity to count beats...its been awhile sinced Ive read my memoirs. I might remember a captain having one of those piano beat things that sway back and forth.
Dick O'Kane
And a metronome.
Old 08-29-09, 04:26 PM   #50
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Time Control that really works.

TC that kicks me to 1:1 well before I hit that jut of land I thought I would miss.

TC that will go to 1:1 before the aircraft completes its bombing run

TC that will go to 1:1 before the destroyer is just about to slice me in two

TC that will NOT go to 1:1 for every fricking radio message that has no effect in the game.

For games like subsims, TC is an important part of the playability. Let's make the TC work.
Old 08-30-09, 01:37 PM   #51
FritzRommel
Seaman

Downloads: 66

1. Have items be control able (depth gauges, bridge binocular) like in SH3.
2. Wolfpacks
3. Realistic weather and waves
4. Have the ability to have crew members washed overboard by giant waves.
5. More injuries
6. Have the compartment that is flooding actually have water in it.
7. Be able is send/receive meaningful messages from BDU.
8. Be able to play as Italain subs (think it would be interesting)
9. Be able to have full control a destroyers in multiplayer, not like it is in SHIV.
FritzRommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 02:22 PM   #52
John Channing
Sea Lord

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 5

One thing I have always hoped for is a close to real life plotting sysytem.

First you start with No Map Contact Updates on.

Then if you are at the scope or UZO and you estimate the range at 3000m then that's what shows up on the plot. If you send the bearing as 130 degrees than that what shows up on the plot. If you estimate the AOB at starboard 30 degrees, thats what shows up on the plot. If you estimate speed at 10 kts, then that's what shows up on the plot.

If you are wrong then you are gonna miss by a mile... just like real life.

Radar plots could be accurate +/- 100m.

Dangerous Waters and Fast Attack did this and it added greatly to the realism and difficulty of the game. The always accurate GPS type maps currently in the SH series make it too easy to rack up megatonnage.
John Channing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 02:36 PM   #53
Schultz
Officer

Downloads: 16

Voice commands, besides english they should put romanian too ,because its made in Romania
Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 03:45 PM   #54
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Channing View Post
One thing I have always hoped for is a close to real life plotting sysytem.

First you start with No Map Contact Updates on.

Then if you are at the scope or UZO and you estimate the range at 3000m then that's what shows up on the plot. If you send the bearing as 130 degrees than that what shows up on the plot. If you estimate the AOB at starboard 30 degrees, thats what shows up on the plot. If you estimate speed at 10 kts, then that's what shows up on the plot.

If you are wrong then you are gonna miss by a mile... just like real life.

Radar plots could be accurate +/- 100m.

Dangerous Waters and Fast Attack did this and it added greatly to the realism and difficulty of the game. The always accurate GPS type maps currently in the SH series make it too easy to rack up megatonnage.

I think this is an excellent idea

A very good compromise between error-free auto plotting and no plotting at all.

I tried to do manual plotting but I found it too difficult to take the sightings and then manually draw them on the nav screen.

Your suggestion seems to be the best of both worlds.
Old 08-30-09, 04:44 PM   #55
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55

I LOVE that idea bout the TC. i hAte It when that happens i run into land or i get Bashed into a million pieces by bombers and i dont want to BE Decompressed For things like Pac News or EVERY SINGLE CONTACT. i wish thre was a buttton in SH5 that will allow you to choose whether or not to be alerted and what you should be alerted for. I think they need to Fix these probs in SH5
1:The Seamen who you cant promote because theyre too many officers or petty officers ,Their ability should still grow some, instead it stays that way and the ability stats dont increase no matter how many patrols you do.

2: I Would like to have An Estimation of the Damage on a Target ship so like say you have a Large oil tanker and you fire 3 torpedoes and the first one hits and just Completely destroys The tanker. you just wasted 2 torpedoes. like an ESTIMATION of the damage. ive seen Dd with Massive blazes all over it and i thought he was gonna sink but he never did and he still managed to come around an DC me.

3:One thing that REALLY bothers me. REALISTIC STOPPING/ SPEEDING UP TIME FOR WARSHIPS/MERCHANTS. I cant tell youhow many times my torps have missed because a Dd going 5 knots went 17 knots in 5 seconds. Ugh.

4: Realistic Damage and 3D view. when i stare into the hole of a merchant ship that was torn by a torpedo i see.........Very Bad looking Unrealistic interior. Plus the compartments that are flooding, should actually have water in them.

5: a STEADY Repair. Ive Had a Deck gun damage to .119 dmg and i surfaced and activated my control tea and the deck Gun DMg didnt go to 0 in 24 hours. Are u serious? They need to fix that.

6: Damage by Fire to make it more realistic, like say theres fires in Compartment 5 or w/e.

7: the ability to have emergency metal patches/Pumps to Buy a very small amount of time to reapir your bulkhead and not flood to death be4 you can repair bulkhead.

8:the OPTION of Hull damage being reapired when you refit your submarine.

9: Realistic Sinking. Like ive Shot 3 Torpedoes into a merchant once and he was listing To port so heavily. and yet he NEVER sunk. i waitied for an hour in game time and he didnt sink at all. or like a destroyer who got slammed w/ a torpedo, has 5 five moderate fires and is listing heavily still manages 15 knots and doesnt sink

10: the option to have the radio man recieve any and all new info on a certain convoy. like you know how you get updates on your map and it shows a ship or a convoy their heading and LAST known positon, not ones you just encounter out of the blue
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 07:59 PM   #56
Mittelwaechter
The Old Man

Downloads: 35

... and give us a little bit of uncertainty. Something that many games lack.

Let the AI surprise me!

The Tribal heading at me starts to zag un-rhythmically and varies speed.
After a DC run it simply stops for several minutes or starts a variation of searchpatterns.
Cruising DDs should sometimes slow down and run a circle to check the area.

DDs that move out of sight after a search, stop for a while and come back again fast.

DDs that don't use their RADAR for some time - to catch me on the surface in poor visibility conditions despite my radar warning equipment.

The zagging of the merchants should be more unpredictable. As a merchant captain I'd try to show my six to 'get away' and vary the speed.

Give us random malfunctions aboard. Jammed tube door or inoperable depth finder...

10 happy wolves rear 90 blinded, ensnared sheep. 90 happy sheep banish the wolves.

Arrest the 1% - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6hg1oNeGE
Mittelwaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 09:30 PM   #57
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

My biggest wish is to be able to properly "role play" being the Captain as far as targeting is concerned. I don't want to do manual targeting, the Captain did NOT do this. I want the AI to figure out target solutions. Accuracy and the time it takes to calculate based on crew member experience, weather, etc. Not instant as we have now in SH3/SH4.

Also, we should not take a realism hit for deciding to be just the Captain, not the whole crew. That always seemed backwards.. the games advertise being able to take command of the boat, and we get penalized for doing just that.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-09, 10:19 PM   #58
nattydread
Captain

Downloads: 2

Where appropriate...flourescing wakes, with the applicable increase in detection by the enemy.
nattydread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 04:30 PM   #59
Gorduz
Engineer

Downloads: 2

I totaly agree with Channing and Platapus, thats the way the plots should work. In adition you should be able to plot(not continiously but by selecting WO and asking him to plot TDC solution(or even periscope solution if your not manning it) thus giving you 1 point on the map), that way comparing it at slowly gaining confidence.
Old 08-31-09, 04:43 PM   #60
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Uploads: 13

I'll settle for as stable a game as possible and one that is as moddable as possible.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote