SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-27-07, 08:28 PM   #46
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

An addendum to my last post:

-More of the crew voices need to be activated. The crew is just too quiet as they are right now!

Last edited by LukeFF; 03-27-07 at 08:41 PM.
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 09:39 PM   #47
edjcox
Engineer

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0
Some ideas

Allow more wideranging video cards to emply the game...

Fix the "A" key.... Fire the coder that mucked this one.....

Allow use of the Deck mounted scope by click selecting.... Add illuminated reticles

Allow the selection of compartments for pumping if flooded. Perhaps allow the selection of a max of two at one time....

Enable Radar and controls.....

H key to go to Sonar station and enable passive sonar reports with range / bearing

Allow deck guns to be moved more rapidly in range than the crawl that exists now if the scope is in use....

Add flare to inventory Red, White, Blue ,Green they were historicly used for signalling especially by US sub commanders when acting in concert...

Clean up the audio with proper command responses, more orders and responses....

Show some interior damage.

Fix the damage control function to actually work and show time to completion...

My biggest beef..... super slow dive times.... These should decrease with every dive and crew experience....

edjcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 09:48 PM   #48
ccruner13
Navy Dude

Downloads: 2

fix torpedfiring including tdc, pk and add open all doors (some kind of light perhaps letting you know if a door is open or closed) in addition to contact switching back to influence.

i was at midway june 4th and noone showed up. fix this. i was told the jap fleet shows up in january? unsure of other naval battles but i have yet to see any naval conflict in upwards of 100 hours of gameplay. i actually havent seen any allied warships except the ones in ph. seen about 4 fishing trawlers

fix radars. btw im my experience airplanes /are/ picked up they just show as unidenitified ships (grey squares) before they are visualized by your crew(red triangles)..i believe working this out will fix that? no night time bombings either

work out/fix damage/damage control and/or explain it better. additionally my 'damage control' turns orange sometimes i posted sn in it i have 13/100 taking 0 seconds to repair yet what needs to be repaired? and it doesnt get better regardless of time elapsed

in port i have a ton of ensigns but all but two are electronics specialized other two are engines. none of my crew has any abilities since 1.1? also since 1.1 my crew is all-pro before i start my first patrol. green bars full or near full. is this regarding ability or efficiency or what?

how bout a sick bay or something of the like to give injured crew time off to heal.

id like to see a differentiation between allied and enemy controlled ports as well

give me more control over chronometer. it pops up at like x512? and goes away if you manually slow down compression but if an event brings you out it stays up.

'only' 8 but some are biig.

game is fantastic otherwise. love the range of options and choices for boats and realism etc. and the view is amazing.
ccruner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 10:10 PM   #49
DeePsix501
Navy Dude

Downloads: 0

1- (BUG)A Key CTD - A for Abort.
2- (FIX/FEATURE) - Visual cleanup, no more translucent crew or poorly done fog/haze
3- (FIX/FEATURE) - Crew reports/alerts present and fix. I miss the reports from crew such as depth charge alerts or cheers when torp hits.
4- (FEATURE) - Explanation/description of what each upgrade to the sub does, like in SH3. Make possible to change sub structure and componets like in SH3.
5- (BUG) - Crew casualties when not supposed to happen. Crew randomly dies/wounds or when deck gun/aa gun crew suffers wounds from depth charges when underwater.
6- (FIX) - Remove historicaly inaccurate items (Decoys, Lancasters, etc)
7- (FIX) - Radar modeling, works above water and doesnt below.
8- (FIX) - TDC Bugs including Chrono and bearing bug
9- (FIX) - Crew lables (officer/helmsman) and dials within sub
10- (FIX) - Realistic amounts and patrol ranges of enemy aircraft. Dear lord there are like a million enemy planes around.

In Memory of the USS Triton (SS-201) - May We Never Forget Those On Eternal Patrol
DeePsix501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 10:14 PM   #50
Radtgaeb
Frogman

Downloads: 58

1. Fix the TDC bug that makes me crash when I try to use my stadimeter...
2. Fix the bug that keeps us from using chronometer for speed calculation (although r=d/t works well too...)
3. Fix laggy clear monolith dealie (or make it black if you truly insist on imitating the classic Kubric film...)
4. Fix the bug that causes game to crash when trying to maintain depth (pressing A)

Great game otherwise. Just a few really annoying hardpoints.
Radtgaeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 10:44 PM   #51
sea enemy
Mate

Downloads: 3

1.) Fix the submerged endurance /oxygen /CO2 rates
2.) Fix the PK bearing bug
3.) Fix the SD radar bug (there's ALOT of radar bugs, btw)
4.) Fix the 'A' CTD
5.) Add the 'marker edit' missing feature
6.) Add the 'missing' tools from SH3 (weather report, track nearest warship, etc)
7.) Fix the sonar at periscope depth bug
8.) Add drawing tools to the attack map
9.) Fix the chronometer
10.) Fix the depth charge kills gun crew bug

And just a lot of little general tuning to the campaign and AI
sea enemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 10:54 PM   #52
stabiz
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar
3. Fix the frame rates. I have a GeForce 6800 and latest driver and have to run on lowest settings possible. or do something about it, anything. Lower the resolutions, whatever.
That card is just above the minimum requirement.
Old 03-27-07, 11:01 PM   #53
DJSatane
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 1

1. Fix Chronometer not obtaining speed.

2. Fix TDC system & solution bugs (both auto and manual, there are various threads on this topic).

3. Of course fix 'A' crash, this is a no brainer, shouldnt even have to post it.

4. Any other crashes that can be reproduced such as people who can reproduce stadimeter crash under certain settings...

5. Fix Environmental Effects FPS killing bug, or disable the option, or allow to only use water transparency and no volumetric fog. Either way, details are here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=108938

6. Examine campaign saves issues, people reporting that loading saved campaign games sometimes presents them with different situation details than when they saved(not sure of details but its posted).

7. If possible allow SH4 application to register as 3D application so that we can force AA, or if thats not the workaround then attempt to solve it so that we can use AA.

8. Allow higher resolutions of 3D engine.

9. Unless american subs couldnt open more than 1 tube door at a time in real life, FIX this and allow us to open multiple doors at same time.

10. I will leave this empty and wish devs gl and lots of coffee.
Old 03-27-07, 11:10 PM   #54
Dustyboats
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Bugs

Well Neal, Most of the real ones seem to have been covered....however...
(1) Have you seen the crew on deck when you go to P/D or Crash Dive?
(2) Radar and Sonar need to be more user friendly. Can't remember not having them when at P/D.
(3) Damage Control needs sorting. Pumping out is not the last thing you do,,,its the FIRST...whilst the leak is being shored up.
(4) An indication of Patrol End,,,return to base or add another mission.
(5) Targeting with assistance would be a boon. The game is rated for 7yr olds+. I cannot remember doing Trig at 7?
(6) Christmas Tree lights in Control Room are pretty, flashing on/off, not for real surely?
(7) So many Visual/Radar contacts given but you cant see them in the TBT or Periscope in the first, in the second.....well with no Radar fitted,,,,where does he get them from?

There you are a "Lucky Seven". As for the game itself I have found it more challenging than SH3, despite the above. It really is a winner for tactics and steath especially with the choice (or not) of photo recon. , dropping agents, re-supplying...a submariners lot in the reality of that time....just add some E/W trips and I'm really at home.
Thanks for this opportunity Neal I hope it is accepted in the cool way Iv;e written, I have no axe to grind.
Just a final note.....I appreciate that there are many mods flying about already (Iv'e used some ) but I'm storing SH4 up for a while as it seems to me they even bring their own "glitches".
Very best regards from across the "pond".......Dusty.
Dustyboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 11:44 PM   #55
skullman86
Mate

Downloads: 6

1.bug/the TDC's speed calculator or chronometer (sp?) is broken
2.addition/FSAA
3.bug/resolution doesn't work properly
4.?/on the quick patrol if you go to the last mission then try to pick a sub you'll find that one of them will always be over the "back" option and if you click that particular sub you inadvertently exit.
5.bug/see through crewmen (I'm using a legit copy)
6.quirk/planes kind of break some laws of physics when in flight (make a more realistic flying model or tweak the current one)
7.addition/add info for damaged equipment so we can see the progress
8.possible bug/repair crews seem broken.If not then please increase their effectiveness because they are pretty useless right now
9.bug/cannons and AA get damaged for no reason
10.bug/when on a patrol using the chronometer (sp? again) i had a ctd and apparently the A button does the same thing.
skullman86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 11:54 PM   #56
Lio
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

1. The TDC inner dial that gets stuck.

2. The TDC chronometer speed thingy.

3. The Radar seems bugged with how it sometimes being available sometimes not, even if it is or isnt actualy on the boat

4. Random death of crew members.

5. Random dmg of sub systems.

6. Map tools on the attack map.

7. Being able to call out bearings using the periscope so they get drawn on the attack map, Sonor being able to do the same. That way you could use the TDC to make manual fireing solutions from sonor and stuff, it should be fun.

thats my top 7
Old 03-28-07, 03:39 AM   #57
RedHammer
Loader

Downloads: 45

Primary priorities:

1. Speed calc on chronometer
2. "A" Causes ctd.
3. Fix terrible sound, getting a really bad shriecking like a FU`ed Walkie Talkie during squelching after 5-10 mins in the game.
4. Fix TDC 5-10 yards ("Hanging after") Bug, donno quite how to pronounce it.. But it has been mentioned earlier on the forum.)
5. Crew tells me whenever theres a little life boat in the water.. But when a 50000 ton iron monster comes right for me? nope.. Fix.
6. Those numbers which keeps getting repeated.
4. MP games hanging up so much it becomes a PITA.™(Played online with Neal and some other peeps here the other day, Game ctd`s just before I am about to go periscope depth and sink a Ocean Liner, result, I get pissed, Hit the table, 500 buck lcd screen falling down on the keyboard.. So, I believe I am OBLIGED, to say: FIX!)
5. Fix windowed mode (Simply not working no matter how much I restart game after applying changes.) Besides, it`s necessary for mp ™(Because In-Game chat is terrible, 2-4 words at a time?? we use right click message function in hamachi :P.)

Secondary priorities:

1. Radar (Has its own life, working for stupid crew members which never warns me in time, when I use it it doesn`t even turns ON ?.)
2. Fix SH4 multiplayer... :P
3. Fix AA.
4. Fix Resolution.
5. Make torpedo camera alot less demanding, takes away atleast 25 fps when popping up, makes me want to remove it, it shouldn`t even be in the gameplay options, but in the graphics options..
6. Random death of crew members. (Already mentioned
7. Random dmg of sub systems.

heres an well deserved 8: How come I get an entire esquadron of bombers on my pos ASAP when a small jap plane spots me? Japanese plane`s radio`s sucked at that time, many even removed their radio`s. Forexample the Japanese ace Kosai with about 60 kills.. Simply because it just gave them the kinnda sound that I am getting in number 3 in my top priority bug list. They removed it to save weight, and rather used hand/physical signals. If a jap F1M sea scout plane sighted a enemy vessel, it didnt take the chance of using the radio, it went back to base. And reported to it`s commander. And hence it would take a lot of time until a squadron of fully loaded Bettys comes for you.. Which also, I would call a weird decision.. that is.. if American torpedoes were really bad at the beginning of the war.. American uboats wouldn`t be such a big threat either?..

Small stuff:

1. Deck crew of enemy ship getting tossed in the air because of explosions rather then simply getting removed as soon as water reaches them.
2. Enemy AA gun`s actually firing at attacking planes.
3. Tools on attack map.
4. More specific torpedo reloading times ( 4:00 instead of 0/100 ...)
5. Crew dissapearing and spawning at stations, forexample, man deck gun, 2 guys suddenly teleported to it?...
6. Remove spread function if we can`t even fire multiple torpedoes at the same time..
7. Make depth charging a little more.. shaky.. Im sure the boat didnt go to the sides like an American 70s car`s suspension.. Ever seen Das Boot? That`s depth charging!

S! to all

Your friend in the Pacific

RH

Last edited by RedHammer; 03-28-07 at 03:58 AM.
RedHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 04:57 AM   #58
Immacolata
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3

1) Visual range AGAIN limited to 8000m. You promised!!!! It sucks so much that you can't see a mountain 9km away, just water water water. The game should sport visual ranges at least twice that length.
2) Something seems wrong with Mk14 torpedoes. They do not run 46 knots but much slower on fast setting. This affects accuracy and TDC solutions are erroneous on fast speed settings.
3) Clicking a map tool on Nav map, then clicking another button on the UI bar to the bottom does not automatically remove nav tool function, It merely removes the cursor and your ability to draw.But the tool does not reappear to the right. You MUST right click first to snap out of the now broken drawing mode and then re-click the reappeared tool to be able to draw on the map.
4) SD radar is too good. It pinpoints aircrafts and ships in 360 area up to 30 kms. Wasnt the historical SD radar forward aimed? And wasnt it like 6 miles range max? And it gave only range no direction.
5) Opening multiple torpedo doors.
6) Smoke plumes seem to move at insane speeds from fire. Tone them down to normal speed
7) For some reason many ATI cards have problems with going into their 3d mode (Overdrive) when playing SHIV. (X1900XT model for my part). This independant of Catalyst driver versions. Does SHIV run in a kind of windowed mode that tricks the drivers into ignoring the 3d-speed?

I think the rest of you pretty much said what needed saying,

"The power of the executive to cast a man into prison without formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to deny him the judgment of his peers, is in the highest degree odious, and the foundation of all totalitarian government whether Nazi or Communist."
- W. Churchill
Immacolata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 05:50 AM   #59
geosub1978
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 229
Default Some Immportant Things....

1. MUST MUST MUST:
TO BE ABLE TO SET THE GYRO ANGLE OF MY CHOISE!!
HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO SET FOR AN ATTACK IN THE MIDDLE OF A TASK FORCE IF I CANNOT SET IMMEDIATELY THE GYRO ANGLE FOR THE RELATED TUBE WHEN SHIFTING TARGETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In SH3 this was possible by manually adjusting the bearing, but in SH4 . I cant imagine how I can play a submarine attack simulator in foul realism without being able to set the GYRO angle of my choise for the Forward or the Stern torpedo tubes
*I dont mean that point and shoot thing of the periscope. This could be possible, but hardly usefull*

2. The sound in its all needs reworking!!!!!!!!!!!

3. The dials must be larger and more accurate. E.g. it is not possible now to set immediatelly my coarse to 283 degrees

4. The interior interface and faces in the submarine must be more friendly player as in SH3.

5. You should be able to lock the periscope on any individual part of the ship as the manual says!!!

PLEASE DO SOMETHING FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
geosub1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 07:04 AM   #60
greyrider
Watch Officer

Downloads: 237

i was wondering if the dev's are able to make an odometer readout in the speed gauge, thats readable,
and can be used for manual navigation.
sh1 had one, sh2 sh3 sh4 does not.
there are only two ways to navigate, by celestrial navigation and dead reckoning.

overcast skies limits the use of celestrial navigation, but dead reckoning can be used anytime,
in fact thats what the way point tool does really, its DR, but the calculations are done automatically for us,
i would like to do the calculations myself, by drawing true courses on the map, without the waypoint tool.
Dead Reckoning

Dead reckoning is the process of navigation by advancing a known position using course, speed,
time and distance to be traveled. In other words, figuring out where you will be at a certain time
if you hold the speed, time and course you plan to travel. Prior to the development of celestial
navigation, sailors navigated by deduced (or dead) reckoning. Columbus and most other sailors
of his era used this method. In dead reckoning, the navigator finds his position by estimating the
course and distance he has sailed from some known point. Starting from a known point, such as a
port, the navigator measures out his course and distance from that point on a chart, *****ing the
chart with a pin to mark the new position.
Her gun crew had guts, however, for from her canting bow came a half dozen well-aimed rounds. How they pointed and trained their gun on that tilting platform will long remain a wonder, and their dedication in keeping up the fire until they went under would be a matter of pride to any nation.

O'Kane, Richard. Clear the Bridge!: The War Patrols of the U.S.S. Tang
greyrider is offline   Reply With Quote