SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-07, 03:18 PM   #46
NonWonderDog
Seaman

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Well, the imperial one works for me, but the scale seems a bit off. I assume the 1500 refers to yards, but if I measure with the ruler it comes to 1.9 nm, or ~3800 yards. Shouldn't the imperial version just be 0.9144x the size of the metric version?
NonWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 04:22 PM   #47
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4

Hm. that's a good one, math was never my strong side or Imperial measurements for that matter. What I simply did was to use the Metric bearing tool and scaled it until it hit with the ruler on the marking showing the for e.g. 800 on the marking and also measuring that with the ruler. It is simply a visual guide and I guess if some one would like to recalc and re size it be my guest. As I said before this work is not originally mine. I simply wanted it for myself and thought ppl might also enjoy it. So I simply converted it, no more no less. To make it perfect I guess one would have to make a new tool graphically and that's a bit of work in Adobe Illustrator or something.
Old 03-25-07, 06:57 PM   #48
Chiller1064
Seaman

Downloads: 0

Works great for me! Thanks for getting this together for SH4.
Chiller1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 07:51 PM   #49
Old Dog
Torpedoman

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 1

Many thanks for your efforts Captain Cox.

Old Dog
Old Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 10:35 PM   #50
teber
Nub

Default Imperial not working for me either

I loved this mod for SH 3 and was happy to see somebody converted it.

For some reason it is not working for me, I used the generic mod tool to install it.

I did not install the metric, could that make a difference?

thanks,

Teber
teber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-07, 11:10 PM   #51
JackChen
Sailor man

Default Nice

Looks like a handy tool to check relative position to contacts. A big thumbs up !
Old 03-26-07, 01:03 AM   #52
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by teber
I loved this mod for SH 3 and was happy to see somebody converted it.

For some reason it is not working for me, I used the generic mod tool to install it.

I did not install the metric, could that make a difference?

thanks,

Teber
Are you sure you installed the JSGME in the SH4 main folder and dropped the 360 tool in the mod folder that JSGME created there ? Just asking cause it should just work. Some ppl have had graphical problems using the Imperial version (showing black square instead of the tool ) is that the problem ? Regarding the Black square thingy I still don't know as to why some ppl get this...
Old 03-26-07, 08:52 AM   #53
teber
Nub

Here is what I did :
1. Install SH 4
2. Run SH 4 and realized I forgot to patch so exited as soon as I could by clicking the exit button in main menu
3. Patched to 1.1
4. Played for a day wondering what is missing here, how did I figure out the bearing in SH3
5. Found the mod.
6. Installed generic mod tool into d:\program files\Ubi\Sh4 (I am at work, I forget the exact folder name but it was the same directory I installed the game into which default except I changed c: to d
7. "unrared" the mod into the d:\program files\Ubi\Sh4\mods directory
8. Ran the mod tool and enabled the mod by clicking a button to move the mod name from the left to the right in the GUI
9. Ran the game, tried both nav map and attack map at all zooms and it did not show up.
10. A quick glance at the install directory showed the .jpg that was in the RAR in the root directory d:\program files\Ubi\Sh4

Is there something else I need to do to enable the tool other than zoom in? I think I had to click on something in SH3 to make it show up but that was over a year ago and I could be wrong.
teber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 08:59 AM   #54
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

I think the best is to unrar the file at your desktop and then drag the folder named "360 degree bearing plotter Metric/Imperial" to your mod folder in SH4. To be sure open the "360 degree bearing plotter Metric" folder and see that you don't have a sub folder that is called the same (happens to me some times) when you click on the "360"folder the next folder down should be "Data"

And no, just use your mouse wheel to zoom in.

Should work. Hope it helps.
Old 03-26-07, 10:41 AM   #55
NefariousKoel
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 43

My tool is off by a little over 1 degree. It's not a big deal but is it tweakable?

Old 03-26-07, 10:49 AM   #56
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Hmmm...I think not, well I guess it is, but the axis of the plotter is set to 0 meaning square to the boat meaning 0 is along the length axis of the boat, at least in the channel its done in (that's in Photo Shop, totally straight 0-90-180 and so on). In order to do what you ask one would have to turn the Alpha filter so its not square anymore by 1 degree...I think that sort of tolerance is negligible and would also require a lot of fiddling for a pretty small adjustment. I wonder if the game also contributes to not being exact in this view...I mean its not a scientific nanometer measuring device we are talking about here :p
Old 03-26-07, 10:57 AM   #57
BBury
Torpedoman

Downloads: 7

Is current drift a factor in this game? I know weather will heel the boat over but does the autopilot correct for current drift? Maybe that's why. Was there rough weather/wind when you took the screen shot?
BBury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 07:39 PM   #58
jsotham
Nub

Downloads: 23
Default Activating 360 Bearing Tool After Installation

Hi:

I have used the JGSME tool as advised (made sure to put it in the SH4 root directory and put the 360 bearing file in the mod directory, then activate), and I cant seem to get the tool to appear on the chart in the game.

Is there a key that needs to be hit in order to activate it?

Thanks
jsotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 06:28 AM   #59
castorp345
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsotham
Is there a key that needs to be hit in order to activate it?
just zoom in until you see it.
castorp345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 09:14 AM   #60
BBury
Torpedoman

Downloads: 7

I did some testing using the Imperial version on my system. Not sure if it makes a difference but I'm using 1024x768, 4x3 on a standard CRT monitor.
In the Navmap, the compass tool is right on.
In the targeting map the tool is off right about a 1/2 a degree. I checked all the cardinal compass headings.
BBury is offline   Reply With Quote