SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-03-14, 12:31 PM   #46
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Things are starting to look up for the British Empire, money is being made although heavy spending of private capital has resulted in an increase in inflation but this is nothing we cannot handle.

However, a CRISIS HAS EMERGED!

Gentlemen, the sick man of Europe, the Ottoman Empire has declared war on the newly independent nation of Greece in a brazen display of arrogance. We call upon the nations of Europe to band together to put the Ottoman Empire back in its place!
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 01:54 PM   #47
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

I agree, the Otoman transgression will not stand.
Today Greece falls, tomorrow they'll be crossing en masse into Croatia and then against Vienna. It will be 1529 all over again.

A CONFERENCE I SAY !!!!!!!!
A coalition must be made.
I suggest Vienna, we have Mozartkugel

BUT FIRST !!!!!!
France has been granted railroad managing and customs managing rights in Florence
Tuscany has always been part of the Holy Roman Empire, of which the Habsburgs have been the sacred rulers and protectors.
We view it as a direct attempt to unify the Italian states under a Bonapartist yoke at the expense of Austrian lands

(really Raptor, how did you do that, the manual says you can only do that to unorganised states and why can't I do that to Bavaria )
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-14, 02:59 PM   #48
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

The Turk has once again invaded the soil of Europe. Should we tolerate this clear infringement of the terms of the Treaty of Constantinople? I say: Non! If the Turk has not yet learned the lesson that was repeatedly taught to it in the last three centuries, then it is the duty of the enlightened nations of Europe to put it down once more. France shall do all in its power to safeguard its interests and the people of Europe against this unprovoked expansionism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
BUT FIRST !!!!!!
France has been granted railroad managing and customs managing rights in Florence
Tuscany has always been part of the Holy Roman Empire, of which the Habsburgs have been the sacred rulers and protectors.
We view it as a direct attempt to unify the Italian states under a Bonapartist yoke at the expense of Austrian lands
The Holy Roman Empire and its corrupt establishment are dead, renounced by the Habsburgs themselves. The Austrian monarchy has no right to interfere with the people of Italy or France's noble attempts to provide assistance to them.

Quote:
(really Raptor, how did you do that, the manual says you can only do that to unorganised states and why can't I do that to Bavaria )
((I have no idea what constitutes an unorganized state, to be honest. I know that they're not the same thing as 'tribal' states, though, so not necessarily only colonial nations are considered unorganized.))
Old 09-03-14, 03:48 PM   #49
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
I agree, the Otoman transgression will not stand.
Today Greece falls, tomorrow they'll be crossing en masse into Croatia and then against Vienna. It will be 1529 all over again.
Do not worry my Austrian Brothers, we shall stand together if such a thing may come to pass.

As for this Turkish agression towards the population of Greece it caught us by complete suprise and it will have a proper reply shortly after a emergency meeting.
Old 09-03-14, 04:06 PM   #50
Betonov
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post

((I have no idea what constitutes an unorganized state, to be honest. I know that they're not the same thing as 'tribal' states, though, so not necessarily only colonial nations are considered unorganized.))
organized major powers are the great powers of the time, like Austria and France
organized minors are the rest of the western countries like Bavaria and Sweden. And Florence should be in there.
disorganized are the non western countries like China and Afganistan. Countries with a government but still mostly feudal states.
Tribal are just tribal.

Only with disorganized and tribal one can use colonization cards. That's the way it's in the manual. Maybe north Italian states are in Frances sphere of influence and are an exception. But then again Bavaria should be in Austrian SoI ????

This game is like playing hockey in the dark with obstacles and no one was shown the obstacles the day before
Old 09-05-14, 04:32 AM   #51
Betonov
Navy Seal

Old 09-08-14, 03:44 PM   #52
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Are you stuck Hunter? Need help with taking over the world? Got just the guys to help you if needed!

Al Capone
eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-14, 09:02 PM   #53
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:

That is brilliant and absolutely spot on for the current situation...
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-14, 03:55 AM   #54
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie View Post
Are you stuck Hunter?
I'm never stuck, one just needs to look to the east to see space...lots of space.
Old 09-09-14, 02:42 PM   #55
Betonov
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
I'm never stuck, one just needs to look to the east to see space...lots of space.
Perhaps I can cancel my defence treaty with Russia for another billateral agreement with Prussia.
That Lebensraum is hard to get if someone keep poking you in your belly
Old 09-09-14, 03:38 PM   #56
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Perhaps I can cancel my defence treaty with Russia for another billateral agreement with Prussia.
That Lebensraum is hard to get if someone keep poking you in your belly
Old 09-14-14, 10:33 AM   #57
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Prussia Late November 1850

With the passing earlier this month of the Minister-President Friedrich Wilhelm Count Brandenburg, Otto Theodor von Manteuffel takes his place as Prussia's Minster-President and shows great promise in fulfilling his duty.

Also this Month sees France declaring war against Tunisia, it's still unclear the reason that let to this declaration but we'll soon hear from France their statement in this matter.
Old 09-14-14, 11:42 AM   #58
Betonov
Navy Seal

We are worried that the Bonapartiste are at it again. First they take over small weak heathen nations to enlarge their war power capabilities and then go on a conquest of Europe like Napoleon III more famous uncle.

In the meantime, Austria is enjoying an economic boom, a major industrial investment every month and an Empire wide railroad construction. Soon Milan and Köenigratz will be connected and we will be able to quickly respond to threats in the north and west.
Old 09-14-14, 01:37 PM   #59
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Monseigneurs, I am afraid there has been a most grave misunderstanding. You see, General Pélissier's troops were just out for a stroll when they might have accidentally crossed the border into Tunis, which France of course respects very much. The heathens immediately decided to aggressively pursue unfriendly means and savagely assault the innocent French troops so naturally we had to most reasonably resort to occupying and burning down their capital. How this could be misconstrued as a declaration of war is really beyond us.
Old 09-14-14, 02:56 PM   #60
Betonov
Navy Seal

We, the most blessed Austrian Emperor will let this pass.
Any excuse to have your troops stationed as far away from the Italian states as possible is good for us