SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-09-11, 12:55 PM   #5971
swordfish1
Gunner

Downloads: 1172
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordfish1 View Post
Hi all! Have just updated TDW's UI's to version 6.3.3. including the patch and now getting CTD's when leaving on a career patrol! Anyone else getting similar problems with this update?? Have had no problems with earlier versions of the mod.

Any help on this appreciated.
You're a star sir! Many thanks, keep your good stuff coming.
swordfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 01:52 PM   #5972
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Sounds like you have a corrupt file somewhere. Are you getting any error messages (dialog box pop ups)? Do you have modding and script debugging enabled? If not, please turn them on so that any error messages being 'thrown' can be caught and displayed to the screen.
To enable them you have to edit your \documents\SH5\data\cfg\main.cfg file.
Have you tried disabling ALL mods except the core UIs mod and seeing if you still have the problem(s)?
There is no option for entering the obs scope because it's animated. Ever noticed that when you click on the obs scope in game it goes through an animation sequence (turning and raising)? That would be why.

I'll turn the debugging options on and see what I get.
Previously I actually tried disabling all mods but the 6.3.0 and it's patch. Everything seemed to be running fine.
Strikes me now - of course I've seen the animated sequence

Back as soon I've got the time to test the debugging.

Thanks again
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 03:50 PM   #5973
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Added the periscope sighted/sub sighted to the radio messages. There is a new user option that specifies the maximum distance a ship can have any chance of sending a radio message saying they detected you. Default value is 8000m.

I have compiled over 100+ ship names from WWII that the mod can use as the ship name.

The mod 'rolls the dice' when you are within that range and if you are spotted a radio message goes out from ship. If you are not spotted a random amount of time is assigned before the ship can 'look' for you again. The chance that it can spot you surfaced is 70%. The chance that it can spot your periscope is 35%.

Now I took this one step further I also go through ALL the ship contacts in game and 'roll the dice' with them to see if they spotted a sub/periscope whereever they are. If so, they fire off a radio message The percent chance that one of these contacts will spot a submarine is 5%.

What I'm not sure of is what to put in the From line of the radio message. Currently I just have the ship's name that sent it:

Next is to add radio messages for sinking/destroyed ships
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-11, 04:00 PM   #5974
Jaeger
Chief

Downloads: 28

very nice, tdw. one question: can we trigger a sound to this action? there are some voice files like "i got a radio message from another ship" or something like that. can we hear this file when a radio message is caught?
Old 01-09-11, 04:19 PM   #5975
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
very nice, tdw. one question: can we trigger a sound to this action? there are some voice files like "i got a radio message from another ship" or something like that. can we hear this file when a radio message is caught?
sure I can add sounds to the messages. Will cause some problems down the line though as I'll have to edit the Sh.sdl file to add them so they are registered with the game. Once I touch that file then any sound mod that modifies it also will be broken (or they break the sounds with this mod depending on how the mod order is in JSGME)
Old 01-09-11, 04:50 PM   #5976
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
I'll have to edit the Sh.sdl file to add them
Would it be possible for you to add a merge app like you did for the options.py
Old 01-09-11, 05:20 PM   #5977
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

This poor soul didn't spot me fast enough. Sent out his radio report of periscope sighted and one second later his ship was toast

possible radio messages that a ship can give off when destroyed/sinking:

SOS....SOS.....SOS.....We're going down at (lat, long)
Abandoning ship at (lat, long)
Massive damage. Ship is taking on water. Abandoning ship at (lat, long)
Unable to control flooding. Abandoning ship at (lat, long)
Old 01-09-11, 06:20 PM   #5978
Jaeger
Chief

Downloads: 28

they also should send out the reason why they are taking damage. perhaps: attacked by an uboat. unable to stop flooding. abandon ship
Old 01-09-11, 07:55 PM   #5979
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

patch 4 released for v6.3.0. See post #1 for details
Old 01-10-11, 07:03 AM   #5980
Walle
Watch

Downloads: 7

I downloaded the Multiple UIs for SH5 with TDC, got the new patch 4, and then added it to the game with JSGME, but the game will crash to desktop right before mission (any really, tried loading saved games, tried historic missions) starts. I have no other mods installed and the game is patched to 1.2.
Unloading the Multiple UI's patch fixes the problem, so I don't think my game is broken.

What might be wrong?
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 07:04 AM   #5981
Gauthier
Watch

Downloads: 100

I'd like a little help.
I want to use these mods, is the order correct and do I need the 3rd, knowing my resolution is 1920*1080 16/9?

NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_ByTheDarkWraith
MRP 16x9 ratio
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_6x_6x_7x_RAOBF_patch_stock_scope
NewUIs_TDC_6_3_0_Real_Navigation

Tks
Gauthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 07:25 PM   #5982
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
sure I can add sounds to the messages. Will cause some problems down the line though as I'll have to edit the Sh.sdl file to add them so they are registered with the game. Once I touch that file then any sound mod that modifies it also will be broken (or they break the sounds with this mod depending on how the mod order is in JSGME)
ohh, i think merging sounds of different mods into the sdl file is allready a well known and easy practice for nearly everyone who is able to use S3D, just a bit more work then using JSGME but without loosing something

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 09:38 PM   #5983
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

TDW, on the radio message icon at the top right bar... I was curios if you could set a limit as to how long it flashes when showing that you have received a message? Unless you click on it and close out the message box every time then it never stops flashing.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 09:53 PM   #5984
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
TDW, on the radio message icon at the top right bar... I was curios if you could set a limit as to how long it flashes when showing that you have received a message? Unless you click on it and close out the message box every time then it never stops flashing.
That's the intent...never stop flashing until you open it. That way you know when you have new messages you haven't reviewed yet.
Old 01-10-11, 10:00 PM   #5985
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

I see, would it be possible to have an option for this intent to be enabled or not in the options file? Its just that I don't read every message that's received when playing and get kinda annoyed by always having this icon flashing to get my attention.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui