SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-31-10, 01:03 PM   #5716
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
And here is what happens to my obs scope.
It happens every time I go there.
Attack scope works.

just hit me looking at this screenshot again as to why you're having problems Notice that the scope is offcenter - this means that something has overwritten my Pageobsperiscope.ini file. All my scopes are centered in the middle of the screen. I bet your attack periscope is centered right? Find the mod that's overwriting my Pageobsperiscope.ini file and your problem will be cured. I knew it had to be something simple as there's nothing in the .py file that stands out as error causing.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 01:23 PM   #5717
Jaeger
Chief

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

everathing runs fine so far, but one (small) problem: when i am observing a target and plotting my own and the targets course, sometimes i cant set supermarks. this happens after some supermarks are set and i wait a longer period of time for the next observation. then i cant put in another supermark at the new location. i have found a workaround to have supermarks when the bug appears. i can set a new supermark very next to my last one and reposition it with key "c". but it should be placeable everywhere, right? i am only using your mod and the real navigation addon.

second: the bug on the gibraltar mission is still there. i cant start this map because i get a strange uboat behavior (boat flying in the air).

i am using your last version.
Old 12-31-10, 01:42 PM   #5718
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

The patch you sent me worked

I unistalled UI added patch and re-installed.

Message error has stopped and Obs scope is now working (no MRP 1.3+OPCF light)

Looks like that was the cause \i realy liked that mod. Does this mean no x6 scope

When I closed game - error

Is this due to not having a journal loaded
Old 12-31-10, 02:08 PM   #5719
Scythan
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Default Missing Something

I think I am missing something in the whole submarine captain bit; with this new UI there are options for setting torpedo guidance on the Navigational Map 'M' but there is no way to see torpedo trajectory that I can find on that map (The yellow line) there ARE torpedo trajectory lines on the TacMap (TAB) but no way to set the torpedo guidance!!

What am I missing here?!

Halp?
Scythan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-10, 02:09 PM   #5720
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
The patch you sent me worked

I unistalled UI added patch and re-installed.

Message error has stopped and Obs scope is now working (no MRP 1.3+OPCF light)

Looks like that was the cause \i realy liked that mod. Does this mean no x6 scope

When I closed game - error

Is this due to not having a journal loaded
I think I know why you got the last error above. Have you ever saved a ship's journal? It appears you haven't. The error is in my part for assuming you had. I have to adjust the code for this (the folder \Logs doesn't exist on your computer).

Glad to know patch worked. Now I'll have to release a patch for v6.1.0 with this change as there are probably many others that are getting the errors you did.

I'll have to look at the MRP mod and see what can be done
Old 12-31-10, 02:13 PM   #5721
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
everathing runs fine so far, but one (small) problem: when i am observing a target and plotting my own and the targets course, sometimes i cant set supermarks. this happens after some supermarks are set and i wait a longer period of time for the next observation. then i cant put in another supermark at the new location. i have found a workaround to have supermarks when the bug appears. i can set a new supermark very next to my last one and reposition it with key "c". but it should be placeable everywhere, right? i am only using your mod and the real navigation addon.

second: the bug on the gibraltar mission is still there. i cant start this map because i get a strange uboat behavior (boat flying in the air).

i am using your last version.
The gibraltar mission I can't reproduce, works fine on my computer

As far as supermarks and navigation fixes: in order to set a new one the previous one has to be visible. That's the only way I could get this feature to work. If the previous one isn't visible then it won't set a mark. I just barely got the feature working with this
Old 12-31-10, 02:15 PM   #5722
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythan View Post
I think I am missing something in the whole submarine captain bit; with this new UI there are options for setting torpedo guidance on the Navigational Map 'M' but there is no way to see torpedo trajectory that I can find on that map (The yellow line) there ARE torpedo trajectory lines on the TacMap (TAB) but no way to set the torpedo guidance!!

What am I missing here?!

Halp?
I think I understand what you're asking. You must be talking about the line extending from your sub denoting the torpedo trajectory? If so, check the nav map features (in game button) and ensure that the feature is enabled.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 12-31-10 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-31-10, 02:33 PM   #5723
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I think I know why you got the last error above. Have you ever saved a ship's journal? It appears you haven't. The error is in my part for assuming you had. I have to adjust the code for this (the folder \Logs doesn't exist on your computer).

Glad to know patch worked. Now I'll have to release a patch for v6.1.0 with this change as there are probably many others that are getting the errors you did.

I'll have to look at the MRP mod and see what can be done
Ya prob most of us outside USA.

Thanks for having a look at MRP
Old 12-31-10, 02:35 PM   #5724
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Ya prob most of us outside USA.

Thanks for having a look at MRP
I placed a big yellow note right under the download at post #1 about this. I sent you another Page Default Hud.py file that should clear up the remaining error you were having. Once you confirm it works I'll release patch 1 for v6.1.0 to fix these errors.
Old 12-31-10, 02:37 PM   #5725
Scythan
Swabbie

Yes, that's what I mean - pardon my parlance I am not accustomed to the names within the game; I own SH4 and got hooked on that and often I used that line to determine and manage my shots. The feature of setting the torpedo's range, distance, angle on bow etc. does work - perfectly I might add - on the Nav Map but I can not see the trajectory (yellow line) of the torpedo in this map. I did not see an option to enable it either in the bottom-right suite/filter screen.

Highly likely I am missing something as this is a phenomenal, top-class Mod. I bought SH5 already rather dismayed at Ubisoft's new DRM software, and became quite perturbed with the User Interface as juxtaposed to SH4 often saying things such as "How Can I ______ "or "Where Is My _____". In an earlier post one remarked 'This mod saved SH5'.

I am inclined to agree.

Vielen Dank.
Old 12-31-10, 02:43 PM   #5726
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Yes, that's what I mean - pardon my parlance I am not accustomed to the names within the game; I own SH4 and got hooked on that and often I used that line to determine and manage my shots. The feature of setting the torpedo's range, distance, angle on bow etc. does work - perfectly I might add - on the Nav Map but I can not see the trajectory (yellow line) of the torpedo in this map. I did not see an option to enable it either in the bottom-right suite/filter screen.

Highly likely I am missing something as this is a phenomenal, top-class Mod. I bought SH5 already rather dismayed at Ubisoft's new DRM software, and became quite perturbed with the User Interface as juxtaposed to SH4 often saying things such as "How Can I ______ "or "Where Is My _____". In an earlier post one remarked 'This mod saved SH5'.

I am inclined to agree.

Vielen Dank.
In the nav map features (nav map features button is far left button at left side top of nav map) enable the 'Torpedo solution line' (check it). You'll have your line back. You can also permanently set this via the options file.
Old 12-31-10, 02:48 PM   #5727
Scythan
Swabbie

That absolutely fixed it, I thank you very much and am only a bit embarrassed I missed it!!

On a demonstration video re: how to set up the Options file the presenter utilized a program named ConTEXT which I found very useful for scripts such as that, so I downloaded it but on this video the lines were numbered and on a default install they are not, it helps (a lot) to know where I need to go to set a specific option if I can see those numbered lines in the margin - I assume you as well use ConTEXT and wondered if you (or any member of the community) could help me, sirs?

And my last interrogation (and then I'll stop pestering you I promise!) is regarding how to permanently disable the XO popup AND camera bar. I disabled both of these in options however the camera bar remains (I had to move it to the far top-left of the screen) and every time I lock a target the XO popup re-appears, again I am sure I am doing something wrong!

Thank you, very much, for your help - very rare in my experience to receive such personal help in mods!
Old 12-31-10, 02:53 PM   #5728
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
That absolutely fixed it, I thank you very much and am only a bit embarrassed I missed it!!

On a demonstration video re: how to set up the Options file the presenter utilized a program named ConTEXT which I found very useful for scripts such as that, so I downloaded it but on this video the lines were numbered and on a default install they are not, it helps (a lot) to know where I need to go to set a specific option if I can see those numbered lines in the margin - I assume you as well use ConTEXT and wondered if you (or any member of the community) could help me, sirs?

And my last interrogation (and then I'll stop pestering you I promise!) is regarding how to permanently disable the XO popup AND camera bar. I disabled both of these in options however the camera bar remains (I had to move it to the far top-left of the screen) and every time I lock a target the XO popup re-appears, again I am sure I am doing something wrong!

Thank you, very much, for your help - very rare in my experience to receive such personal help in mods!
I use Notepad

Set your options file like below:

# Is the camera bar visible?
# change below to either True or False
CameraBarVisible = False

##################################### XO TDC Dialog box (SH3/4/5 modes) ###################################
# is the XO and his dialog box visible on the UZO, attack, and obs scopes views?
XOTDCDialogEnabled = False

# if the XO and his dialog box are disabled, are they allowed to pop up when you lock onto a target?
XOTDCDialogAllowedToPop = False

# Is the XO TDC dialog box draggable?
# If the XO TDC dialog box is draggable then the feature of the XO TDC dialog box dynamically repositioning
# based on messagebox visibility is disabled.
XOTDCDialogDraggable = False

# is manual targeting enforced? If True then the option to 'Turn TDC Off' is disabled and not visible
XOTDCManualTargetingEnforced = False
Old 12-31-10, 03:00 PM   #5729
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Patch 1 for v6.1.0 released. See post #1 for details. This patch is needed by all whose OS's regional/local settings is not EN-US or you are having problems with the new radio messages feature.
Old 12-31-10, 03:43 PM   #5730
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Radio messages work as intended with the patch .
I deleted the sh5 folder in my documents and restarted the campaighn AGAIN for the 27 millionth time .
The only problem i had was when exiting the save to go back to the main menu after playing for a while . Curser stuck on the exit on bottom right . Message on desktop ,'' silent hunter 5 created game logs successfully'' .

I like the way i can TC and read the messages and delete them as i am on TC , nice feature . I do this while heading to my patrol point , gives me something to do instead of just looking at the screen LOL .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui