Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-16, 12:32 PM   #5596
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

^ yep there will be alot of talk and new negotiations, and maybe the "UK" (or let's better say England will be even better off – i doubt it – Skybird says the sky is falling on the EU – we will see.

What i really find absolutely *lotsofstars* is that because of a gut feeling that is already being considered as wrong even by the probrex voters, decades of trade talks and all the work and hard-accomplished agreements have just been dumped in the litter box.

I wish you luck, because of your decision not only you and Ireland and Scotland, but also the rest of the current EU will need it.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 10-30-16, 05:30 PM   #5597
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Gove doing a spin off Cameron!

Quote:
Michael Gove has given rise to debate after he left his son alone in a bed and breakfast for six hours in order to go to a party.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37815355

Come on BossMark we miss your witty sarcastic comments, go for it.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 10-31-16, 07:00 AM   #5598
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
A group of MPs says the government is incorrect to keep claiming it is allocating an extra £10bn to the NHS in England over the next five years.
The Health Committee has written to the chancellor to say using the figure gives the "false impression that the NHS is awash with cash".
The group said the figure was closer to £4.5bn and called for more NHS funding in November's Autumn Statement.
But the government insisted the £10bn figure was accurate.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-37801100

The NHS has always been under funded and money has been drained off for flash cars. Its about time it got proper funding and every penny is counted for being spent on what it should be.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 10-31-16, 09:50 AM   #5599
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Far too many agency staff means the employment agencies rake in a veritable fortune.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 11-01-16, 08:38 AM   #5600
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Far too many agency staff means the employment agencies rake in a veritable fortune.
And that is another side of the problem which is a little more tricky to deal with.

Old 11-01-16, 01:05 PM   #5601
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Hunt does have a five year plan to recruit from within the UK but only time will tell if that tree will bear fruit.

Old 11-03-16, 07:04 AM   #5602
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Right, first off the bat let me get this straight out there so we can move on.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

Ok, now that's cleared up.
I must admit I was not expecting the court to rule in that way, and I wouldn't be surprised if the government wins the appeal, but it's interesting to see the Brexiteers upset at the fact that it has been proposed that this decision be given to parliament since they have been campaigning for more Parliamentary Sovereignty.
Still, with any luck this might well force the government to actually give more details about how it plans to Brexit, especially with things like the Human Rights Act which actually has a no repeal clause in it.

Good to see Boris giving his top notch oratory skills though:

"Brexit means Brexit and we are going to make a Titanic success of it."

Old 11-03-16, 07:20 AM   #5603
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Also, Osbournes speech from last nights Spectator awards is definitely worth a read, the guy has a sly sense of humour on the quiet:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/11...n-year-speech/
Old 11-03-16, 08:20 AM   #5604
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

This show hasn't even started to run yet but no doubt it will gather momentum and the media will have their usual field day.

Old 11-03-16, 10:50 AM   #5605
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

^In that case I better get a comfy seat, some snacks and a cold one
Old 11-03-16, 11:25 AM   #5606
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ The next episode is the governments appeal

Old 11-03-16, 12:10 PM   #5607
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
^ The next episode is the governments appeal
If they have any sense (lol) they'd drop the appeal, put it to parliament along with a vote of confidence, if it passes all good, if it doesn't then call elections and win with the Article 50 mandate.
It would be bloody hilarious though if the government took the appeal to the European court though, as is their right.
Old 11-03-16, 12:17 PM   #5608
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Early elections rising over the horizon.

Everybody will be loosing with this ruling. Britain, seing its negotiaton tactics getting compromised and made known to the EU opponent, and the EU for getting a maximum-length negotiation with all the economic costs coming from that lengthy period of uncertainty and unpredictability. Major paymaster for these additional costs: Germany, once again. No other European or Western nation gets affected by Brexit - and the negotations of it - as much, as Germany.

We love you, British High Court. Greetings from Germany, with love. Please book your next holiday somewhwere else, just not in Germany. There are less costly tourists to be had.
Old 11-03-16, 01:26 PM   #5609
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Yup, honestly though the whole Brexit thing was a bit of a pipe-dream, you can't just flip a switch and eject, particularly not when the country has spent the last thirty-forty years integrating its industry and economic system to the EU. So this thing is going to take a while, and the fact that the vote was so narrow in its margin means that there is going to be considerable resistance to it, and the fact that the main pro-Brexit group, UKIP is currently undergoing a pretty big collapse that will likely mean that either Farage will become leader (again) or the party will go bankrupt. So that just leaves the Tories and they're not all completely convinced about Brexit, and Labour...well...it's pretty hard to understand Labour at the moment, notionally they should be against Brexit, but Corbyn is pretty anti-EU, however at the same time he's likely to prefer a soft-Brexit. Then there's the SNP who are pretty anti-Brexit. However the Tories have a majority so if the whips do their job and quash the pro-EU section of the Tory party then they could get it through parliament easily enough.
Old 11-03-16, 02:48 PM   #5610
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

^That's how I see it as well, those ministers will be very wary of putting article 50 to the electorate as they have too much to lose.
They don't know how many Brexiteers they've got in their constituency so most of them will be fearful of there seats, and if there's one thing a minister likes its a comfy seat for another 5 years.

Tags
british, politics