Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-16, 12:32 PM   #5566
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Speaking of right royal messes, Steven Woolfe has left UKIP after the punch-up saying that it is in a 'death spiral'. I dare say he'll probably join the Tories again soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37682828
Old 10-17-16, 01:08 PM   #5567
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Yep, a golden opportunity to eat into the Labour traditional vote and they implode.

Perfect timing.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 10-17-16, 03:20 PM   #5568
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

UKIP is doing a Labour ripping itself apart. Bet the Tories are enjoying this as two party's fall apart and the LibDems are still lost in the woods.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 10-17-16, 03:24 PM   #5569
STEED
Lucky Jack

Your next voting paper..

Conservative Far Right Wing
Conservative Right Wing
Conservative Centre
Conservative Left Wing
Conservative Mixed Bag that changes each year in government

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 10-17-16, 03:56 PM   #5570
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Meanwhile during fall 2016, Mr. Farage finally got some time for himself, at the english-european front:

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 10-17-16, 05:53 PM   #5571
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Speaking of right royal messes, Steven Woolfe has left UKIP after the punch-up saying that it is in a 'death spiral'. I dare say he'll probably join the Tories again soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37682828
Looks to me that they know that they've messed up royally with their Brexit referendum and are now leaving the sinking ship in a hurry.
You know when even the staunchest supporters of a Brexit now show signs that they actually didn't want to win it and have no clue what to do then it was obviously a terrible idea to begin with. Well, I guess only time will tell...
Old 10-17-16, 08:31 PM   #5572
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Meanwhile during fall 2016, Mr. Farage finally got some time for himself, at the english-european front:
You know...they say some of those shells are still live and can explode with no warning...

Just a thought...

Anyway, apparently UKIP is in a much worse place than I initially realised. Turns out that they are actually in debt to a turn of around five or six figures, and their chief donor (Arron Banks, sort of a pound shop Trump I guess) was refusing to put forward the money unless Woolfe became leader, or at least if Woolfe was prevented from becoming leader.
So whoever does take over from Diane James's brief tenure at the reins will have a party which will probably be bankrupt within a few months.
That's what happens when you make a political party which revolves around one man, when that man is no longer there, the party collapses.

In other news, according to businessinsider, the number of people who now regret voting for Brexit is larger than the margin of victory for the Leave campaign.

http://www.businessinsider.com/brexi...6-10?r=UK&IR=T

Still, Brexit means Brexit, we're riding this bomb aaaaaaall the way down.

Old 10-18-16, 08:04 AM   #5573
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Meanwhile, down on the ranch.....

The airports expansion decision is to be announced next week. Wonder what the long overdue decision will be

Old 10-18-16, 11:07 AM   #5574
Oberon
Lucky Jack

My money is on Heathrow...either that or they'll postpone the decision again.
Old 10-18-16, 11:36 AM   #5575
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
My money is on Heathrow...either that or they'll postpone the decision again.
Aaaaaand my second guess was right, from the Beebs Norman Smiths twitter account: "No final vote on Heathrow or Gatwick before winter of 2017/18"

There'll be a bloody pile-up on one of the runways before someone will get off their arse and do something about the traffic.
Old 10-18-16, 02:29 PM   #5576
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

My guess is she'll test the waters in her cabinet first then possibly await a larger majority in the house.

Old 10-19-16, 11:53 AM   #5577
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I wonder if and how this will make waves.

https://www.rt.com/uk/362910-mod-ger...ntry-vehicles/

A potent deal in these times of dawning Brexit negotiations . Germany may not want to threaten this deal if it indeed becomes reality, also, Britian is an extremely important export market for Germany, a very important one, so there is quite some serious economic interest on the German side to not play too hard on the British, like the EU demands to intimidate other EU members. On the other hand, this German government has demonstrated repeatedly now that it is allowing to get German economic interests getting severly damaged (Euro disaster, sanctions against Russia for the main do damage Germany, more than any other Western economy, and then the triggering of the mass migration movement to Germany) for idealist daydreaming. also, with the UK leaving, the side of the net payers led by Germnay, lose their blocking minority option in the eU council of ministers - all the net receivers in the South can then overvote and overwhlem any resistance of net payers agains decisions for tunring the EU even more into a transfer uniton where the few have to pay for the mismanagement of the many. Not even mentioning that already now, with Brexit turning into reality, the German funding of the EU budget would grow from 21% to 25%. For no other country the Brexit has so serious consequences in net volume, than for Germany. The British poll therefore was a shock, and a nightmare scenario.

The Boxer is not a bad buy, no doubt, in its class it often is claimed to be the dominator. It also comes at a hefty price tag, however. Competing vehicles are cheaper, and do not lag that far behind the Boxer. Whether the Boxers claimed superior qualities are worth the additional money, only insiders can assess.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-19-16 at 12:48 PM.
Skybird is online  
Old 10-20-16, 10:08 AM   #5578
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^Certainly agree with you on the Brexit trade negotiations but the immigration subject is probably the more important factor where the majority of the British people are concerned.

Back on the topic of trade: Britain imports a lot more from the EU than it exports so the outcome of negotiations will potentially be very damaging to either side.

Can the EU prevent that at the possible cost of showing weakness to other EU members and in so doing, encourage others to follow the UK lead?

Old 10-22-16, 08:37 AM   #5579
STEED
Lucky Jack

Putting aside the other by-election and just looking at the Witney by-election I was a little surprised the Tories hold was slashed by a good 20,000 votes! Of course we all knew the Tories would win but to see that majority shrink by that much was a interesting note. So the LibDems have finally found a path out the woods beating Labour in to second place. Next years local elections could be interesting and may proved a surprise or two.

Old 10-22-16, 08:54 AM   #5580
Oberon
Lucky Jack

If the Lib Dems manage to get some more air time they could push back towards the center ground, especially if the Tories (which by the way, the word Tory comes from an Irish term for criminal) go after the UKIP vote as UKIP disintergrate, which leaves the center ground open for the taking as Labour go hard left and the Tories hard right.
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics