SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-28-20, 08:53 AM   #5551
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 12:15 PM   #5552
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

In summer, the university of Bochum, Germany had a small study on mouth washes, too, finding that of 8 agents they tested, three deactivated 99.9% of the viral load in the mouth region, and the others also were effective to surprisingly high levels. Amongst the three top scorers was an ordinary Listerine product, with the tasts "Cool Mint". The other tested agents used hydrogenperoxide, iodine and chlorhexidrine.

I was surprised to learn that an ordinary tooth/mouth wash like Listerine Cool Mint could be this excellent, compared to more "serious" products of this category.

Additional mouth washing is part of my routine when I return home since then, like serious hand washing.

Last edited by Skybird; 11-28-20 at 01:19 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 12:42 PM   #5553
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

These are the two I usually bounce between.

Old 11-28-20, 04:07 PM   #5554
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=dr+campbell

Old 11-28-20, 04:29 PM   #5555
Skybird
Soaring

In Berlin the first of the city's huge hospital complexes is about to shut down its Emergency Rooms, they will not take any more new patients then. Corona has overwhelmed them. Vivantes' biggest hospital in the city is one of the biggest the city has, with the Charité beeing the biggest, and its also one of Europe's two biggest. Two other hospitals, also carried by Vivantes, already have unregistered their ERs, and are no longer free for admissions.

Lockdown rules in Germany are diverse and vary widely form state to state, they are not even close to what would, be needed to bring numbers down quickly before christmas . Calculations show that after christmas Germany will pay a very high price for this folly.

https://www.de24.news/en/2020/11/too...op-berlin.html

The numbers of free ICU in Germany are somewhat misleading, since the normal stations are almpost filled up already, and the free capacities consists of added emergency stations. The problem is that there is no nursing staff for many of these. Germany runs out of nurses, and this although in places they already work while beign finecetd and ill themselves. The late Soirng an dSumemr was wasted with not caring for this problem at all-. No staff was hired, instead even got fired.

Germany claims to have a supergood Corona management. I beg to disagree, over these and qwuite some more reaosns. If you want to see how it is to be done, look at Asia - Germany gets not even close to them.

The government has stepped back from plans to vaccinate the elder and vulnerable first, and now prioritizes to vaccinate nurses and doctors and caretakers in homes for elder people first. Makes sense to me.

----

My blood boils hot when reading religious madness committing crimes like this:

In New York, thousands of sectarian orthodox Jewish nutheads celebrated a secret marriage in closed quarter conditions and with singing and close social contacts and zero hygienics and protection as if no pandemic were there, and in deliberately breaking of Corona regulations (which they have also violated before). Lets hope the virus mows them down by the hundreds, as a lesson for all others. Lets also hope they do not infect others, but that hope of course is in vein, its a nightmarish superspreader event, with the synagogue where it took place having 7000 seats. Freaks are freaks, I dont care what religion.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7483203/s...ew-york-video/
Old 11-28-20, 07:24 PM   #5556
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Record Levels

Cases in Germany have more than tripled since the start of October, with the number of infected people in intensive care climbing to record levels.

Like other European nations, Germany has imposed stricter measures in recent weeks to stop the disease from spreading. Merkel and the leaders of Germany’s 16 states agreed Wednesday to tighten limits on private gatherings but kept schools and most businesses operating to help limit the impact on the economy.

In contrast to nations like France and the U.K., Germany’s curbs have yielded little progress in slowing the disease’s spread.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb...th-toll-mounts

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-20, 07:09 AM   #5557
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
England's new Covid tier system has a "sunset" expiry date of 3 February, Boris Johnson has told MPs in a bid to prevent a Commons rebellion.

The current lockdown ends on Wednesday, and many Tory MPs are unhappy with the toughened tiers that will replace it.

MPs will vote on the system on Tuesday, with Labour undecided on its stance.

In a letter to MPs, the PM said rules could be eased in December, MPs could vote again in January, and the tier system could end in February.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55118467
Perhaps our fearless leader is eventually coming to the realisation that everything isn't as rosy as he would like it to be.

Old 11-29-20, 07:19 AM   #5558
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control

An agency of the European Union

As of 29 November 2020,

13, 019, 176 million cases have been reported in the EU/EEA and the UK and rising.

319, 712 thousand deaths have been reported in the EU/EEA and the UK an increase of 3,200 deaths since yesterday.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

Old 11-29-20, 07:22 AM   #5559
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I'll start to worry if we (the UK) get anywhere near that of the US and best we not take the Americas and lump them all together.

Old 11-29-20, 09:05 AM   #5560
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'll start to worry if we (the UK) get anywhere near that of the US and best we not take the Americas and lump them all together.

Unless our borders are open to each other I wouldn't lump the U.S. together with Canada and Mexico any more than I would lump the E.U. Russia and 'The' Ukraine.

Old European nationalism is dead there's nothing left but an illusion of complete autonomy. The greater E.U. is very similar to the United States when it comes to open borders between the member states of its Union and the viral vector paths liberty like that creates. Only difference really by law we cannot close internal borders. You can but the commission has since persuaded their reopening for the greater good of the union and economy. Most likely why the European Union Center for Disease Prevention and Control (not me) as you say 'lumps' the numbers together and tracks the Union as a whole, including the U.K.

Quote:
In a package of proposals to enable travelling to resume safely in the EU, the Commission proposed on 13 May to countries that are part of the Schengen zone to gradually reopen their internal borders. The emphasis is on coordination, no discrimination based on nationality and the respect of common health-related criteria based on guidance by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.

EU interior ministers confirmed on 5 June that most member states will have lifted the controls at their internal borders and the related travel restrictions by 15 June, with others due to follow by the end of the month. Ministers agreed to continue to coordinate closely under the lead of the Commission. Ahead of the 15 June deadline, the Commission issued further recommendations on how to lift restrictions with non-EU countries after 1 July 2020
“If we fail to restore the integrity of Schengen, we would seriously endanger the European project,” Fajon said. MEPs therefore want to ensure that any future internal borders controls remain truly exceptional and very limited in time."

Essentially they sound the same as Trump, just more refined and socially acceptable speech.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-29-20 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-29-20, 11:38 AM   #5561
Skybird
Soaring

You are much alone there, Rockstar. On my ID papers there still stands "Bundesrepublik Deutschland" and not "European Union" on top of it, and it is German passport that may get me or get me not a VISA for the US, not a EU passport. A passport with "Louisianna" or "South Dakota" written on it will get you no Visa for nowere in the world. A US passport will.

I stick to it, you are irked by the high total numbers in the US and the failure of Trump'S management neing displays in statistics, and so you try to relativise them by desinging you own statistics. Like Trump would do to trick reality.

Your claim is as if one would count all three NAFTA states (including the US) together. If that makes sense. Lets not talk about Mexican or US statistics, talk about NAFTA statistics. They are higher that way, obviously, making lets say Russia's numbers looking smaller in comparison.

I fear the EU will end up where you claim it already is. I call it the European Sovjet Union 2.0. But we are not yet there. Not yet. And I hope I must not live to see it happening. But yes, the gangsters in Brussels want to get there, that much I give you.

Stop relativising. Stop defending Trump. You want to compare? Compare not total numbers and do not throw nations together. Use the numbers-per-100k-of-nations-population. Thats the best comparison one could do: 1. nations, and 2. taking population sizes out of the statistical equation.

You think it makes sense if I start to compare the free state of Bavaria (note that: it is formally a so-called Freistaat, a free state) to numbers from the US? Man, America will look bad then!
Old 11-29-20, 12:21 PM   #5562
Skybird
Soaring

Astra Zeneca gets into increasingly troubled waters with its calculation flaws to beautify the effectiveness of its vaccine. Just red another piece on it where their reasoning gets shreddered. Its not the first.

And this after earlier attempts to gloss over serious issues during their trials in summer, and late summer/early autumn, that strangely nobody talks about anymore, and were somewhat supressed in reporting

Too much steam in the kettle. Too big a gold treasure to be conquered. So far I do not really trust any of the three big candidates anounced in recent weeks. The British not for their repeated display of trying to mislead the public, and the other two for being what they are: new mRNA vaccines of a type that we have zero long term experience with.

Lets see what the future brings, there are more vaccines in development, while some of them also being new in RNA technology they nevertheless work very differently than the mRNA vaccines so far announced. There are over half a dozen of different types of "genetic" vaccines, not just one.

Possible that the slow horses win the race.
Old 11-29-20, 12:26 PM   #5563
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I'm quite aware of the issues facing the United States and the state I live in with regard to COVID. I know the statistics very well, I look at John's Hopkins School of Medicine COVID Board updates almost daily and see the changes throughout the Union and my own State. Contrary to everyones fears we have been upfront about those numbers and do not hide nor deny anything.

The statistics I'm posting are tracked and compiled by YOUR government, YOUR Union agencies, not mine. What surprises me is when faced with those statistics provided by YOUR government how offended and naive people wish to remain of their own predicament. If anything irks me it's how the hell can anyone can twist the reality of their situation into types of passports and Trump.

Btw, passports of EU citizens are not stamped when entering and leaving states within the Schengen Area and U.K. citizens do not require visas if their visit to the E.U. is less than 90 days. Its the unrestricted movement within the borders of the European Union that provides COVID the same freedom of movement it has in the U.S. Its why YOUR government looks at the whole picture and posts the numbers they do.

Making sense yet or do you still think its about Trump.

Old 11-29-20, 12:31 PM   #5564
Skybird
Soaring

Sigh.

Bavaria is no Nation. The EU is no nation. The OECD is no nation.

Germany is a nation.

Texas is no nation. NAFTA is no nation. The UN or the two Americas are no nation.

The US is a nation.

The seat of NAFTA does not tell the US or Canada or Mexico what to do with covid, each of the three nations do their own thing, inside each nation provinces, federal states, districts do their autonomous own thing, but on some things they must listen to the voice of the national capitol.

Brussel does not tell each nation what to do with covid, every nation runs its own regime, and inside each nation provinces/districts/federal states do their own autonomous thing, but on some things they must listen to the voice of the national capitol.

End of this absurd debate for me.
Old 11-29-20, 01:05 PM   #5565
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Yes, if both parties have differing views and there's little chance of agreement then continuing is pointless.

Moving on...

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan