SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-09, 03:10 PM   #541
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabiz
There makeing a ToW2. Cant wait.
Old 02-17-09, 10:55 PM   #542
stabiz
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 14

Got me mittens on the Russian demo, and I dont understand anything I am doing, except the usual "go there and shoot" by right-clicking. I managed to change the resolution somehow, maybe because numbers are the same in Russian. But It seems like a winner.

Old 02-18-09, 04:48 AM   #543
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

*sigh* Not the best way to start our attempt to conquer England yet again...

Maybe I should've slowed down abit when going down that hill instead of jumping it at full speed.. oh well... Deniz drove his Panzer to the sea just 15min before my "accident".
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-09, 10:26 AM   #544
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Well, Guderian did say that the only useful thing to come out of the plans for Sealion was better waterproofing for the Panzers
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-09, 12:35 PM   #545
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Phew... Finally it's over. Another ~7hour trip to England behind us, again, everything went FUBAR. We landed NW from Eastchurch, everything went fine, had a 50-60km drive to Dover from there, having to make stops every 10km to cool down our panzer's engines. Meanwhile, Pilomon took his halftrack and went ahead, planning to set-up and mobilespawn N of Dover, letting us start to pour in the infantry.

Me and Denizzz (both driving the Panzer IVG) were around 20km from Dover, when Pilomon said the "mission had expired", meaning that he couldnt deploy the halftrack to an mobilespawn, ruining our whole darn plan.

We two panzers kept on going, the early warning system had gone off at Dover ages ago, so they knew we were coming. Hurricanes and Spitfires were patrolling all over us, when one of the Hurri's saw Denizzz, who drove infront of me. The first bomb killed his commander, two more bombs were dropped on him, the latter one blowing his tank to bits. I quickly took cover under some trees, and started to think "What the heck I'm going to do now?!". As I was sitting there, a Daimler armored car drove past me, some 900m to the SW. A quick shot at him, failed to hit. I decided to stay put as I had cover from trees and berms surrounded my tank on all sides, making it perfect place to ambush any tanks that were looking for us.

Maybe 20 minutes later, the Daimler came back, boldly traveling on the road, which was 400-500m from me. Quick aim, and boom, missed! Lucky for me, this one wasnt the sharpest tank driver; he stopped. I started pouring lead onto the poor bastard, most propably killing his gunner with the first shot as he stopped shooting. Instead he started driving towards me, he turned abit and I got a quick shot to his side, turning the Daimler to a flaming wreck. Marking this the 1st campaign tank vs. tank kill in England for god know's how many campaigns.

5 minutes later, I started getting hits from my 6oc, I recognised the gun sound as another Daimler. Swung my barrel around quickly and landed two direct hits to it's turret, kill #2.

With my commander being killed during the battle with the 2nd Daimler, I decided to call it quits and abandoned the mission. 469 minutes of boredom with 5 minutes of action. I really should stop doing these England raids.

Our assault plan, I drew after our first raid. Same plan was used tonight (Dover is the southmost blue icon):

Unloading our precious cargo in the LZ

The start of a looooong road trip... without roads..

After zillion hours we finally got to relax with some cover hiding us from the curious RAF

Hello there, my name's Big-Farking-Tank, nice to meet you P.E. Ashooter

SHISH-KEBAB!!

Old 02-18-09, 01:05 PM   #546
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Well, at least you landed at Grain this time rather than Ramsgate

How did the Allies know you were coming?

Do you have to take Dover or could you take the Essex coastline and sweep down from there, taking Hornchurch and (peers at green dot) Southend? Then if the Luftwaffe got themselves sorted, they could bring in Ju52s of troopers during the night to set up a forward base while the rest of the Panzer Divisions make a dash across the North Sea.

Never played WWIIOnline (would love to but don't have the money) so dunno if there's a gameplay mechanic behind the reason you are hitting the Kent coast (aside from the fact that it looks like that's the only part of the UK that has proper scenary, thus provision to hide from the RAF)

Great job though. Panzers traipsing through my birth county
Old 02-18-09, 01:26 PM   #547
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon

Do you have to take Dover or could you take the Essex coastline and sweep down from there, taking Hornchurch and (peers at green dot) Southend? Then if the Luftwaffe got themselves sorted, they could bring in Ju52s of troopers during the night to set up a forward base while the rest of the Panzer Divisions make a dash across the North Sea.

Never played WWIIOnline (would love to but don't have the money) so dunno if there's a gameplay mechanic behind the reason you are hitting the Kent coast (aside from the fact that it looks like that's the only part of the UK that has proper scenary, thus provision to hide from the RAF)

There's Early Warning System in WWIIOL, if an, let's say enemy armor get's within 3,5km of your town, a small tank icon pops-up under the towns name, for infantry it's 1,5km (I think) and for naval 8km or so. We set off quite a few EWS' during our approach thru the cities west of Dover, so they could pin-point our destination.

We could attack any town we want, but we wouldnt be able to capture without the High Command marking it as an AO (Attack Objective), and an AO can only be put to towns that are "linked" or maybe commonly known as supply lines . Basically, you cant move divisions to towns that arent linked with eachother. That's why we are attacking the Ramsgate-Dover line, as only the 3 towns there have links to Oostende and Dunkirk allowing us to move in divisions in-case we capture the town(s). You can check the supply lines to know what I'm blabbering about from the campaign map here:
http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/in...y/campaign-map

Just pick the square on the minimap that shows the channel and then click the 'supply lines' button, you see 3 black lines leaving Ramsgate, Deal & Dover.
Old 02-18-09, 01:43 PM   #548
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Quote:

There's Early Warning System in WWIIOL, if an, let's say enemy armor get's within 3,5km of your town, a small tank icon pops-up under the towns name, for infantry it's 1,5km (I think) and for naval 8km or so. We set off quite a few EWS' during our approach thru the cities west of Dover, so they could pin-point our destination.

We could attack any town we want, but we wouldnt be able to capture without the High Command marking it as an AO (Attack Objective), and an AO can only be put to towns that are "linked" or maybe commonly known as supply lines . Basically, you cant move divisions to towns that arent linked with eachother. That's why we are attacking the Ramsgate-Dover line, as only the 3 towns there have links to Oostende and Dunkirk allowing us to move in divisions in-case we capture the town(s). You can check the supply lines to know what I'm blabbering about from the campaign map here:

Just pick the square on the minimap that shows the channel and then click the 'supply lines' button, you see 3 black lines leaving Ramsgate, Deal & Dover.

Aaah, that makes sense now. Helps balance it a bit I guess, preventing the Axis from steamrollering England before France has been defeated.
The front line is moving along steadily, but a good punch through at Lumbres could net you some more channel ports, thus allowing you to focus on an objective further down the coast. If they've got their landscape right, Dungeness is flat, barren and full of pebbles, not much in the way of cover, but good flat landing ground. Folkestone might be the better place to land, but the local chav population might prove troublesome...
Old 02-18-09, 01:57 PM   #549
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Quote:

Aaah, that makes sense now. Helps balance it a bit I guess, preventing the Axis from steamrollering England before France has been defeated.
The front line is moving along steadily, but a good punch through at Lumbres could net you some more channel ports, thus allowing you to focus on an objective further down the coast. If they've got their landscape right, Dungeness is flat, barren and full of pebbles, not much in the way of cover, but good flat landing ground. Folkestone might be the better place to land, but the local chav population might prove troublesome...
In all truthness, I'm not sure if we're going to have a full-scale assault on England. The campaign ends when a certain % of towns is controlled by one side, no idea what the % is, but anyway, invading England isnt absolutely necessary. The raids we've done has been 100% 116. Panzer Division's squad operations, "for Fame & Medals"-type of tries to open a second front. Have to say, some very dedicated guys in the 116th. Especially gents Pilomon & xfire who are constantly volunteering to either take an merchant to haul tanks to England or fly a sortie after sortie to drop paras to England. Two jobs that have to be the most boring one's in the game.
Old 02-19-09, 04:44 AM   #550
Dowly
Lucky Jack

GRRRRAAAUH!

Hull down position didnt help this Sherman. When the Tiger spoke, the Sherman listened.

And this Sherman though a mere 2km distance would make it safe to climb a hill, Kj proved him wrong

Last edited by Dowly; 02-19-09 at 04:56 AM.
Old 02-19-09, 08:09 AM   #551
Dowly
Lucky Jack

StuG IIIG laying in ambush on the outskirts of Corbie. The StuG in the picture took part to the battle of Corbie, locking down first the west entrance to the allied armybase, scoring a fatal hit to an Panhard armored car. Later on, the StuG moved to lock down the east entrance, scoring a hit to an M10 Wolverine from point-blank range, destroying the enemy tank immediately. After the battle, the tank took part in cleaning operations outside of Corbie, destroying an allied Stuart tank just north of the town.

Old 02-22-09, 01:05 PM   #552
Blackhawk1006
Watch

Downloads: 35
Default Armed Assault

Dowly, what game is that, it looks pretty sweet?

Some pics of ArmA - not MP but scripted shots made in the editor.

German troops backed up by a Leopard 2 drive Russian soldiers out of a small town in late 2002.

A small US special forces sqaud observe a Taliban compound

Taliban BMP driving through a Afghan village.

A German soldier during the invasion of Poland
Blackhawk1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 01:59 PM   #553
Dowly
Lucky Jack

@Blackhawk

The game's WWIIOL.
Old 02-25-09, 08:12 AM   #554
Dowly
Lucky Jack

WWIIOL's campaign 50 ending ceremony & attack to Deal. (Awwwww, I had too bad of an hangover and missed all the fun ):
Old 02-27-09, 02:45 AM   #555
Rilder
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ligurian Wars: Battle of Segestica