MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I quite liked this piece:

No disagreement from me!

Sadly both the main Westminster parties have accidently created a deep well of discontent in Scotland over the past 40-50 years. The SNP use it to good effect.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 07-14-16, 03:53 PM   #5402
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Heck, somehow the attitude of this woman that I did not take note of before impresses me. She has balls. And some stubborn fighting spirit that I strictly associate with something "typically British". I wonder how it must be on days when she feels angry?

And one thing should be clear with three Brexiteers claiming economy, foreign relations, Brexit - there will be no exist fromt he brexit with this team.

The message to the EU is clear: Thank you, but no dream-dancing with me, I'm not here to appease you, but to ram you your own knife in your belly.

Old 07-15-16, 07:41 AM   #5403
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

May the Grim Reaper scares me as well, I have to agree with my mate she looks like death!

What is all this Gids businesses, first I hear he resigned now I am hearing May the Grim Reaper sacked him so what is going on?

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 07-15-16, 08:00 AM   #5404
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Heck, somehow the attitude of this woman that I did not take note of before impresses me. She has balls. And some stubborn fighting spirit that I strictly associate with something "typically British". I wonder how it must be on days when she feels angry?

And one thing should be clear with three Brexiteers claiming economy, foreign relations, Brexit - there will be no exist fromt he brexit with this team.

The message to the EU is clear: Thank you, but no dream-dancing with me, I'm not here to appease you, but to ram you your own knife in your belly.

Well she was not exactly for a Brexit, on the contrary. She will do what the people's referendum demands, but this should be self-evident.
So anyone against the EU has "balls". I thought you said that staying in the EU needs balls, since all members are doomed and went already bankrupt or despaired two years ago (as you predicted?).
Regarding "balls" I guess the location is just.. elsewhere

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 07-15-16, 08:23 AM   #5405
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Even in the early days of her tenure many in the UK are already comparing her with Thatcher....and she certainly had balls.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 07-17-16, 03:28 AM   #5406
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

May the Grim Reaper appointment for Boris could see his downfall as some political experts think he will fall before two years in the job.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 07-17-16, 08:19 AM   #5407
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I'm liking the way May is already standing up to Sturgeon on the subject of yet another independence referendum.

Quote:
“As far as I’m concerned, the Scottish people have had their vote, they voted in 2014 and a very clear message came through. Both the United Kingdom and the Scottish Government said they would abide by that,”
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7139391.html

Old 07-18-16, 04:13 AM   #5408
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Sturgeon and the SNP have been forced to play the IndyRef card by the outcome of the Brexit Referendum. They wanted to call an IndyRef at a time of their own choosing, Brexit has forced them to move when they're not really ready. However, the SNP are nothing if not flexible when it comes to achieving their raison d'etre; they're already looking at ways they can plug as many of the 2014 White Paper's gaps. That includes setting up a new currency and central bank, the currency question being one of the main problems with the SNP's position in 2014.

Of course, only the Scottish Greens are actually honest enough to say that independence will hurt massively to start off with. The SNP are obfuscating on the issue at the moment.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 07-18-16, 04:54 AM   #5409
Catfish

^ Maybe any plan is better than no plan

Old 07-18-16, 01:50 PM   #5410
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Meanwhile....

In an attempt to stop left wing demonstrators from continuing to come to his house , Boris Johnson has erected a ' Job Centre ' sign above his front door .

Old 07-19-16, 02:10 AM   #5411
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
In an attempt to stop left wing demonstrators from continuing to come to his house , Boris Johnson has erected a ' Job Centre ' sign above his front door .
It is good that only politically "left" people are jobless, imagine the "right" had so much time writing in forums in their free time.

I'm afraid it is not only "the left" demonstrating, while thinking Johnson is not a prime example of how one should have done one's job, after he "won"

Old 07-19-16, 11:24 AM   #5412
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

It's always the lefts fault, get with the program Catfish.

Meanwhile, the Eagle has landed...I mean fallen...I mean quit from the leadership race.
Old 07-19-16, 05:27 PM   #5413
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I doubt Smith will beat Corbyn and so the possibility of a Labour Party split looks increasingly possible.

Old 07-20-16, 08:22 AM   #5414
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

If the Labour Party does split in two then I hope those MPs who leave the party will do us the honour of resigning their seats as well.

That won't happen though as those ministers will be content to wait for the next general election safe in the knowledge that their pay packets are secure for the next 4+ years and they won't have a local election to contest either, win win for them, lose lose for us.
This Smith character has a better chance of winning than that incompetent Eagle bird had but I know already that he hasn't got the gravitas or charisma to knock Corbyn off of his perch.
We can always hope for some sanity to surface somewhere but this madness gripping the party is too infectious so its not going to happen any time soon.
Old 07-20-16, 11:17 AM   #5415
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I hear Mays speech in the commons today went down well:

Rather uncanny, the tone of voice, the posture...
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics