Old 02-26-10, 08:46 PM   #526
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Details!
No, because i can't confirm if its genuine or not. ( I don't click on shady D/L's for software of dubious origins - period.) My gut tells me its fake, i can't believe it would be cracked so damn fast. You want details find them and decide for yourself.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 08:50 PM   #527
KiwiVenge
Medic

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

I think I will be a wait and see kind of guy for this one. I would of happily paid the release day price if there wasn't this whole online only issue. Instead will hang back and see what sorts of problems arise (if any) before buying.
Seems a bit of a gamble for them to go about it this way, as the whole SH series always seem to get off to dodgy starts with bugs etc. I think they would of been wise to cash in on the Day 1 purchasers as best they could, not give them something else to consider before buying.
Old 02-26-10, 09:00 PM   #528
Fleishfish
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 20
UBER SOFT

Waves are crushing on the bow, the enemy destroyer is closing in.
Before i decide to crushdive I launch a torpedo from tube 4.
The conningtower disapears in the murky water, the men are restless.
Then the terrified eyes of the cook are staring at me in disbelief...............Sounds are repeating like a cdplayer hanging......DRM...DRM...DRM...DRM....

MMMMMMM.....no way

No emersion no submersion.

Bye UBI soft, grow up.
Fleishfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 09:46 PM   #529
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
No, because i can't confirm if its genuine or not. ( I don't click on shady D/L's for software of dubious origins - period.) My gut tells me its fake, i can't believe it would be cracked so damn fast. You want details find them and decide for yourself.
A crack I assume, since the game isn't released (not that I know of) I'd say it was a fake for sure! Would take atleast a month to reverse engineer an app like SH5, or am I way off base!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 01:20 AM   #530
Monster Magnet Jr
Nub

Downloads: 1

I own just about every submarine game since Silent Service.

But..
There is no way I will purchase SH5, or any other game for that matter, with DRM.
Monster Magnet Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 05:11 AM   #531
The Enigma
Seer of visions

Downloads: 31

After reading the first experiences from early adapters, nothing has changed in my opinion.
I'm not going to buy this game while this form of DRM is (illegally) installed on my PC.

The Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 05:28 AM   #532
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Just a few day , I cant wait to buy Silent Hunter 5 , The next week end Silent Hunter 5 will be already installed on my PC , I cant WAAAAAAiiii T ,

Old 02-27-10, 05:35 AM   #533
The Enigma
Seer of visions

Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post

Just a few day , I cant wait to buy Silent Hunter 5 , The next week end Silent Hunter 5 will be already installed on my PC , I cant WAAAAAAIT ,
And after having it installed, your pc isn't any longer your PC anymore.

Good luck

The Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 02:32 PM   #534
Valantine
Planesman

Downloads: 22

Saw SH5 in GAME (Uk computer game chain store) today on my way home from workL thought WOW I want to get it....BUT since I've not been around on Subsim.com following the development of it due to other commitments I'll go home tonight and have a read through the forums and see if it's unfiinished like sh3 and 4 and low betide I find that this is the situation!?!

Thanks UBI, great way to alienate your customers and stop us wanting to buy your games! See this, that is THIRTY POUNDS STERLING that will be staying in my pocket and a fan of ubisoft games staying away from this draconian bull schmidt!

There is something wrong with the world when a company doesn't actually WANT to sell it's games to it's customers unless they agree to finance a constantly up and stable internet connection and are happy for UBI to have a constantly link to their primarily single player orientated game: hell even Steam can be put in offline mode, so can EA Launcher, so can Rockstar online, so can GSC online....... I see a pattern here that Ubi mustn't have seen.

By all means I am happy to validate my bought copy of the game online, but to force me to stay connected to the net when I play it and then if my net goes down no longer be able to play is pure stupidity: way to go Ubi - great job licking the windows clean, just next time try not to eat sh*t whilst you do it!!!!

ARMA 3 Co-Op Battalion Recruiting Worldwide
http://www.iijg53.com
Valantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 02:57 PM   #535
roadhogg
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Like many others, i won't buy it until they release the other half of it, ( the rest of the U-boats and the rest of the war), AND, remove the always online requirement (DRM i think it's known as).

I also think that had Ubisoft instructed their devs to make a patch to fix the game save bug in SH3, plus a number rof other issues that became known, the devs would have done so.

The fact that no patch was ever made shows me that Ubisoft are devoid of any morale conscience with regard to releasing a product that can be described as "fit for purpose", and what i've seen in the posts so far of SH5 does nothing to dispel that belief.

I just wish i could say different.
Old 03-06-10, 05:39 PM   #536
valrond
Nub

Downloads: 0

It's a shame that Ubisoft has taken this road. I own most Ubisoft games than any other company, as I like most of their PC games, and they are quite cheap in Spain (20€ just released, and there are many offers later).

Of course, I own SH3 & 4, and the SH4 mission pack, bought at release, but I'm not buying any Ubisoft games while they have that DRM.

BTW, that DRM is, as all of them, not effective. I just checked in a site and there is already a crack for the game.

I'm not condoning piracy, I'm not going to play the game, I just want to say how absurd is to put such a terrible hassle in the paying customer while the pirate has no hassles at all.
valrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 05:43 PM   #537
remowilliams
Loader

Downloads: 16

Turns out DRM did effect my purchase. As in I couldn't play my purchased game because of DRM server trouble today...
remowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 05:50 PM   #538
Nordmann
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by remowilliams View Post
Turns out DRM did effect my purchase. As in I couldn't play my purchased game because of DRM server trouble today...
I knew that would happen, hence why I have avoided purchasing. It's not just the user's net which will determine how and when you play, but Ubi's servers. Damn, I wouldn't mind if it was an online game, but it's single-player for goodness sake! I'll buy it if Ubi resolve this mess, otherwise my money goes elsewhere (already has as a matter of fact).

That doesn't mean I don't like the game, I like what I have seen, but unfortunately the OSP is a real breaker. As evidenced by the downtimes we are already seeing, my distrust of such a system is further heightened.
Old 03-06-10, 06:10 PM   #539
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Downloads: 184

They invest in this "Satan DRM" and i know atleast a dozen people who will never buy this game because of it.

So there must be alot more right?

I hope they compare the sales with silent hunter 3 and 4 and while there are illegal copies available of those games they must have made enough money to continue with silent hunter 5 right?

I stated earlier that i bought a new computer for silent hunter 5 and i've seen some awesome screenshots and videos.

Had it in my hands in the store and seen it on steam and well.... still playing silent hunter 4.

Thank you Ubisoft for ruining my favorite game
Old 03-06-10, 06:14 PM   #540
Nordmann
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka Ragnos View Post
So there must be alot more right?
If people other than SS members know about it, and disagree with it, then yes, there probably are quite a few who will not be buying the game. Ubisoft will of course blame someone or something else, other than their own business strategy. That, or they will clam up, and refuse to comment.