SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-15-08, 05:54 AM   #526
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 302
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwigginton
(Without haveing to read all 500+ posts) ...any screenies that show us how close this is getting to SH4 visuals?

Have we got transparent water yet... or is that a tall order? Or even the underwater graphics would be great ie. colours, plankton and ripples.
Ehm, have you noticed that the pages of topic contain less messages when someone posts full size screendumps in their message. So let's make it grow another 25 pages or so. Nahh, counterproductive.

Take a deep breath and dive in it. Screenies are hard to miss.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-08, 06:29 AM   #527
ryanwigginton
Weps

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces
Quote:
(Without haveing to read all 500+ posts) ...any screenies that show us how close this is getting to SH4 visuals?

Have we got transparent water yet... or is that a tall order? Or even the underwater graphics would be great ie. colours, plankton and ripples.
Ehm, have you noticed that the pages of topic contain less messages when someone posts full size screendumps in their message. So let's make it grow another 25 pages or so. Nahh, counterproductive.

I have a 7KB/s connection here. Flicking through the pages isn't exactly fast. What about my other questions?
Old 02-15-08, 06:42 AM   #528
rod_oil
Shore leave

Downloads: 60

By the way, anyone try place RB's SH4 effects 2.2 over GWX Enhanced damage mod? I did it yesterday and I recieve some sort of "groovie unplayable satanism":rotfl: which end with crush of game. One hit and heres multipled with every second wall of debris and flame! Its not playable but its looks like Armageddon!
rod_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-08, 06:46 AM   #529
ryanwigginton
Weps

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod_oil
One hit and heres multipled with every second wall of debris and flame! Its not playable but its looks like Armageddon!
:rotfl:
Old 02-15-08, 08:14 AM   #530
LordNeuro"Serbia"
Chief

Downloads: 45
Default Problem

I m heving problems to run this mod too. I put it in the jsmg and it is not working. What i need too change to make it work. I read it on same post too rename smothing or what. Plz same help will be wery usfol. Thx and sorry for offol english.
Old 02-15-08, 08:45 AM   #531
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces
Quote:

I have a 7KB/s connection here. Flicking through the pages isn't exactly fast. What about my other questions?
Sorry, can't answer about the water yet. As I have installed the mod, but not tried it yet. In any event, Racerboys first message says nothing about transparent water. Alot of other things though.

As for your 7kb/s connection. I know the feeling. Some 8-9 years ago I had to do with 1KB/s through my mobilephone. Man that cost me, ... money, grievance and patience! I made sure my browser only downloaded the text parts, not images unless I wanted them.
Old 02-15-08, 08:48 AM   #532
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNeuro"Serbia"
I m heving problems to run this mod too. I put it in the jsmg and it is not working. What i need too change to make it work. I read it on same post too rename smothing or what. Plz same help will be wery usfol. Thx and sorry for offol english.
What does the JSGME folder for this mod look like on your computer? There's not much help we can give based on what you told sofar.
Old 02-15-08, 12:08 PM   #533
Voyd
Bosun

Downloads: 25

Solution to all heartaches , worries , and woes related to the SH4 Effects For SH3 mod: Wait for Racerboy to release a GWX 2.x compatible version.

Now go and rack up some tonnage....

Happy Hunting,

Voyd
Voyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-08, 12:10 PM   #534
miner1436
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 3

Racerboy come back
miner1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 09:04 AM   #535
rod_oil
Shore leave

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner1436
Racerboy come back
Where is he? I think even Michael Jackson in early 90's was not so awaiting person on musical award ceremonies, like RB here on subsim:rotfl:
rod_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 01:23 PM   #536
sh3rules
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 24

He might be working on something else, or maybe just waiting until the 2.1 update comes out :hmm:
sh3rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 01:25 PM   #537
A6Intruder
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh3rules
He might be working on something else, or maybe just waiting until the 2.1 update comes out :hmm:

No reason for just saying hello i am still alive!
Kind regards
A6Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 01:25 PM   #538
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Give it a little time, I am sure he will be back soon enough

RDP

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 04:27 PM   #539
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

Quote:
Have we got transparent water yet... or is that a tall order?
If I recall correctly, the water in SH3 is transparent to some degree, but only one way, from the underside looking up. I don't know if it (the water surface) can be flipped over somehow, and if it can, will we lose the surface "windswept" looking water textures?
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-08, 05:08 PM   #540
LordNeuro"Serbia"
Chief

Downloads: 45

I put the Racerboy SH4 effects in the mods folder in 2 variants. 1 is MODS\Racerboy_SH4_Effects_for_SH3_2_03\data and the 2 is Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\MODS\SH4 efects and in the 2 is data and all the files from data from folder in just SH4 efects. Sorry for my bad english. I see the Sh4 effects on pic and it gr8. But i dont now how too make it work. This is the list of mods i m using
Natural Sinking Mechanics 3.3 Classic, LIBRARY FOR SH3, TEXTURES FOR SH3, Thomsen's No Instant DeathScreen Mod V1.1, TypeVII_Open_Hatch, TypeVII_Open_Hatch_HiRes, TypeVII_OpenHatch_Peri_Stock, U-Boat 1.2 For SHIII 1.4b,Undersea_Mod.
Same of those mod r not working too, like open hatch, undersea mod, and U boat r not working in full. Same thing r there and same r not.
DD_VisibleMines_V1.0 and thise i didnt sow, so is not working too maybe. If sombady have idea or a way too make thise noob hapy and mods working i bee more thean heepy. Thx aloot.:rotfl: