Closed Thread

Old 06-30-16, 01:11 PM   #5311
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Would explain the weather if people keep putting it in there.
I guess the Sun turns into a black hole, if you let it lie around for more than a day

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-30-16, 01:37 PM   #5312
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

OK I went to my council website site and worked it out, I think.

My Black size small wheely bin for household rubbish for dumping will change to this new brown size small one. So far that's all right by me but a question comes up, some of my neighbours have XL wheely bins and they pack them to the hilt.

I will be getting a XL Black wheely bin for plastics cans foil and glass which will do away with three of my plastic boxes and no change on the paper and card apart from I will keep one of the redundant boxes as spare as time to time the main one gets rather full.

And now food and garden wast will continual to go in to my Green wheely bin but I will be getting a small and medium box for inside with handles. Now the fun part, food wast will go into the small one and when its full transfer to the medium one in turn when full empty that one outside in the wheely bin.

Stand by more to come!

More boxes for a new collection! One box for small electrical items like batterers and the other for small linen.

Now I got you all or have a nice evening.

PS: I'm now checking delivery bin dates and change to my collection days. But first a hot steaming mug of coffee.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 06-30-16 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-30-16, 02:01 PM   #5313
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Good grief, that sounds way more complex than what we have up here in Aberdeen. We have the following on a two week cycle:

One black large wheely bin for household waste which is collected on Wednesday of the first week.

One brown large wheely bin which is collected on the Tuesday of the second week and;

One black box and one bag for the bottle/can/plastic and paper collections respectively. They are collected on the Thursday of the second week.

The days are specific to the area of Aberdeen where I live, other locations have theirs on other days.

For the electrical, paint, builders waste and anything else you want to get rid of, Aberdeen City Council has a large recycling points in various areas of the city.

All very organised, which for the Aberdeen City Mafia is quite surprising!

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 06-30-16, 02:07 PM   #5314
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGR1 View Post

All very organised, which for the Aberdeen City Mafia is quite surprising!

Mike.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-30-16, 02:10 PM   #5315
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Yeah, it's not actually that bad, no worse than any other local authority!

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Old 06-30-16, 04:01 PM   #5316
wolfman Ben
Watch

Downloads: 149
Default Brixet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Well you know what they say...."We are all in it together"
Brixet is happening
Old 06-30-16, 06:51 PM   #5317
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

So Gove has played the part of Judas and stabbed his mate in the back

Game Of Thrones Part Deux:

Quote:
Michael Gove has said he chose to run for the Conservative Party leadership after deciding "reluctantly but firmly" that Boris Johnson was not capable of uniting the party or the country.
"It had to fall to someone else... I felt it had to fall to me," he said.
The justice secretary was set to back his fellow Leave campaigner. Mr Johnson pulled out after Mr Gove's switch.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36677028

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 07-01-16, 07:37 AM   #5318
STEED
Lucky Jack

It may not be the case Jim, Boris is great at outsourcing all the work while he takes all the credit for it. Gove is light weight and no real threat to Boris, there is a point maybe Boris has got his sights on further down the road for power giving him time to iron out his act and less outsourcing to others in around eight to ten years time.

Old 07-01-16, 09:57 AM   #5319
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Game Of Thrones Part Deux
It's a fine day for a Blue Wedding:

Old 07-01-16, 12:07 PM   #5320
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

As much as some may have loathed Thatcher or Blair, they had one thing in common. They could at least march their respective parties in the same direction.

If politics is a game of thrones or a house of cards, America’s past year would be checkers to the U.K.’s three-dimensional chess match going on right now.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 07-01-16, 12:13 PM   #5321
MGR1
Grey Wolf

A little pre politics background on Michael Gove:

He was born in Edinburgh and raised in Aberdeen by his adoptive parents. As far as I know, he's never had contact with his birth mother.

Despite being commited Labour voters, his parents paid to get him into Robert Gordon's College, which at the time was the premier private school in Aberdeen (it's been overtaken by the Albyn School lately). When his parents circumstances changed, he applied for and won a scholarship there.

After leaving school, he attended Oxford University where he studied English, receiving a 2:1.

After graduating he worked as a Journalist with Aberdeen Journals. During this period he manned the picket lines during the groups dispute with journalists over Union recognition and representation in 1989-90. Although don't remember myself, the journalists lost their dispute. Badly. In 1995 he even starred in a Christopher Lee film called "A Feast at Midnight" where he played a school chaplain. In 1996 he joined The Times where he worked in various capacities as well as doing television work for the BBC, Scottish Television and Channel Four.

In 2005 he was elected Conservative member for Surrey Heath.

So, as far as I know, he's the only current Tory party Cabinet Minister to have manned a picket line. Even if he did lose!

Mike.

Old 07-01-16, 05:32 PM   #5322
STEED
Lucky Jack

I'm off for another holiday so a few predictions I shall make..

JC will still be running Labour next Saturday next week. and I think Fox will be the first to be eliminated from the Tory leadership. And I think Leadsom could be a thorn in Gove's side.

Old 07-02-16, 09:54 AM   #5323
MGR1
Grey Wolf

The Queen visited Scotland today to formally open the fifth session of the Scottish Parliament: LINK.

"Stay calm and collected" peeps, her Majesty says so!

Brian Taylor's view: LINK.

Mike.

Old 07-02-16, 10:25 AM   #5324
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

God Save The Queen

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 07-04-16, 05:07 PM   #5325
STEED
Lucky Jack

Just popped in on hearing Farage is going that should please Oberon.

Is this now the fall of UKIP?

The top three are falling and now UKIP could be joining, all eyes are on the Green Party to save the day. Oh hang on they too are having a change of leadership.

This was sent to me below.

May have a point.

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics