SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-21-10, 11:46 AM   #5281
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimy View Post
this really makes me feel like a noob
i'll try it now
Eerybody had to start at the beginning at some time or other.

There are probably a few out there who are following the same advice but simply not posting.

I know you weren't the only individual who d/l the file

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 11:56 AM   #5282
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimy View Post
works perfect jimbuna, thanks
Your welcome

File deleted.

Old 04-22-10, 06:15 AM   #5283
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 619
Uploads: 0

@stimy,

when I wrote...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar View Post
...If you don't hear these files when you hit 'c' key in game you didn't read carefully what bigboywooly posted above...
I presupposed too much knowledge about SH3...

Sorry for that, mate
SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 02:40 PM   #5284
Tachyon
Captain

Downloads: 0

Hello , I'm returning to SH3 after a long while (Still haven't bought SH4 OR SH5 :P). I have a question regarding the Milk Cows in this mod. Does the sub stay docked for 28 days like at port or just 1 day?

Tachyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 02:52 PM   #5285
krashkart
Navy Seal

Downloads: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
There are probably a few out there who are following the same advice but simply not posting.
Old 04-22-10, 03:21 PM   #5286
AlCord
Watch

Downloads: 17

Hey, just a quick question.
I started a new career in the 13th Flotilla in Königsberg. On the naval map are "target ships". Looked in the manual and found nothing. Is this like a "mission" to torp these ships?
AlCord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 04:20 PM   #5287
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
Hello , I'm returning to SH3 after a long while (Still haven't bought SH4 OR SH5 :P). I have a question regarding the Milk Cows in this mod. Does the sub stay docked for 28 days like at port or just 1 day?
One day plus an additional day for every % point of damage you have sustained (if any).

Old 04-22-10, 04:21 PM   #5288
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlCord View Post
Hey, just a quick question.
I started a new career in the 13th Flotilla in Königsberg. On the naval map are "target ships". Looked in the manual and found nothing. Is this like a "mission" to torp these ships?
Use them as target practice, you have been given 1500 renown points to make good the negative renown you'll receive for sinking them.

Old 04-22-10, 04:31 PM   #5289
AlCord
Watch

Thanks and damn...I recruited some high advanced men...well sh... happens
Old 04-22-10, 08:02 PM   #5290
Munchausen
Commodore

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
One day plus an additional day for every % point of damage you have sustained (if any).
Thanks for the clarification. After docking in Norway to refuel ... and finding myself stuck in port for 20 days ... I suspected the same thing would happen when using a milk cow to refuel. This is better.
Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 11:15 AM   #5291
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
Thanks for the clarification. After docking in Norway to refuel ... and finding myself stuck in port for 20 days ... I suspected the same thing would happen when using a milk cow to refuel. This is better.
If I've sustained damage and not looking to upgrade to another sub type or newer equipment I always use the milch cow option....it can save days on the time you would spend transitting.

Old 04-23-10, 01:41 PM   #5292
AlCord
Watch

Hmmm, this thingy with the target ships didn't work for me. As I neared the port of ?Pillau? friendly units opened fire on me and each other. The whole port was a war field
Old 04-23-10, 01:51 PM   #5293
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Quote:
Hmmm, this thingy with the target ships didn't work for me. As I neared the port of ?Pillau? friendly units opened fire on me and each other. The whole port was a war field
The target ships you sunk are considered neutral by the game, as are all ships prior to the outbreak of hostilities. If you attack a neutral ship at any time during your career, other forces belonging to that nation will consider you an enemy for the following 24 hours and attack you without further provocation.

The idea is to use those ships to practice your skills and then "teleport" back to base when the time comes, and thus avoid coming in range of any firepower emanating from Pillau.

Or if you don't feel the need to practice, you can do what I do when starting out of Königsberg - sail around your designated patrol grid until you get orders to return, attack no one, then sail back and keep the extra renown you were given as compensation for what you would've lost had you sunk those neutral vessels.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 02:52 PM   #5294
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
You'll receive a radio message recalling you on 4th...simply teleport back (Esc key) then...

Quote:
apply for a transfer to 1st or 2nd Flotilla....your next patrol should commence on 24th August which will allow you enough time to transit to your patrol area prior to the commencement of hostilities, which is precisely what happened in RL.
This is all presuming you are using SH3 Commander and have the setting at '20 days in port between patrols'.

This is the way we intended the game to be played.

I'm not sure how widespread it is known but GWX was designed for The Grey Wolves....it was intentionally moulded/fashioned into a mod incorporating how The Grey Wolves wanted to play the game.

That was our initial intention....the public release IMHO was a bonus for our fine subsimming community.

During the development stages there were a great many suggestions from the community asking if this or that could or would be included...it was only after discussing at The Lair what The Grey Wolves thought that a decision was taken whether to include it or not....that is presuming it was possible of course.

SINK EM ALL!!

Old 04-24-10, 08:26 AM   #5295
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Default Yep, that's what happens!

Quote:
If you fire on a "neutral" ship, even the designated target ships, all other "neutral" ships and even shore installations will fire on you for the next 24 hours. It seems to tick off the world if you violate their neutrality - think of yourself as a war criminal hunted by all.

I think it's a nice quirk in the game plan, but didn't care much for it the first time I entered a Spanish port right after accidentally sinking a Spanish liner and they blew my boat out of the water! "Live and Learn", so to speak.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote