SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-11-10, 04:12 AM   #511
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

Another detail about the Dynamic Shadows of the conning tower , I think the shadows must start from the bottom corner , but as you can see in the screeshot , the Dynamic Shadows are a bit shifted to the right

Old 03-11-10, 06:49 AM   #512
Crécy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 316

I have a bug which might be considered as the game breaker. When standing on the deck the camera jumps up like captain would stand on the edge. I can't move, only use the UZO and after using it the camera jumps back again..
Crécy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 07:25 AM   #513
FreddaH
Watch

Downloads: 36

Getting a bug were I surface and no bridge crew got on deck. Thought it was odd but kept playing. Noticed my oxygen level kept depleting, and CO2 went up, and eventually it killed me. I was definitely on the surface as I could stand on the bridge and my batteries were recharging, but everything else behaved as if I was submerged.

Not sure if it's been posted already, but there you go.
FreddaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 07:28 AM   #514
Frederf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 1

When you play on full realism the map contacts are still there just 100% transparent.
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 07:43 AM   #515
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamoz View Post
Silent Hunter 5!! pure gold and game of the year

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 09:22 AM   #516
Crécy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 316

Oh, come on! My stupid captain just stands over the UZO and refuses to move anywhere. Even load game does not help. It's only a matter of time before I quit and move to SHIII+GWX until patch comes out .
Crécy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 09:30 AM   #517
piri_reis
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 115

This might've been mentioned already:

Game CTDs if you man the Hydrophone Station, when there is an enemy submarine in hearing range. Tested and confirmed with multiple single missions.

Lt.z.S. Barbaros Hayreddin, U-35, 2nd Flot/Kiel, Type VIIB
Oct.29.1939, 2nd Patrol Eastern English Waters
Running SH5/TWOS
piri_reis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 09:48 AM   #518
Turm
Engineer

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederf View Post
5) Are you sure you weren't recharging batteries? The engine will run even at all stop.
I did consider that, but don't believe so. I can't confirm 100% until I get home later.

Either way, my boat was totally silent, in which case the bug might be that no engine sound is played even when at All Stop on the surface with (possibly) one engine running to recharge batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederf View Post
6) The Hurricanes have no bombs and thus don't attack. The game doesn't do gun strafing attacks.
That's all very well, but don't you think my watch crew should at least report the presence of aircraft to me, without exception?

(I suppose the strafing aspect is something else GWX spoiled us with, as I don't recall it being in stock SH3 either, now that you mention it.)

Regarding the missing tool-tips, I also discovered the reason last night, as SabreHawk posted on the previous page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreHawk
Something else that is bugging me, is that info on waypoints and any ship icons on map aren't working when mousing over them.
But it seems to come and go.
<...>
Edit: Ok, I got it figured. It has to do with the HUD, and whether it's on or off by use of the shift+Z command.
<...>
So I suppose the real bug is the HUD appearing when the map or external view activated, but though it appears to be on, it actually is not. At least the info system associated with it is not, even though the HUD is displayed
Just to confirm this. When the GUI is switch off, a view change (e.g. internal to external F2 cam) will make it reappear, but the tooltip functionality is not restored - at least, not until the user presses Shift-Z again:

1st press of Shift-Z = tooltips restored
2nd press of Shift-Z = GUI hidden again

Normally Shift-Z works fine, and this issue only occurs after changing views whilst the GUI is off.

Now I know about it, I don't mind. I can always get my tooltips back!
Turm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 10:50 AM   #519
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turm View Post
I wouldn't even mind the faint smoke that is there, if it showed up at all!
See these pics using funnel smoke mod.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=613
Have sent you a PM.
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 11:40 AM   #520
BowfinSS287
Planesman

Downloads: 223

1: Clocks don't work...(1 does...sound room)
2: one RPM gauge in conning tower displays rudder info
3: other RPM gauge does not work in conning tower
4: speed gauge in conning tower shows incorrect speed
5: compass on bridge is very hard to read

thats all for now
BowfinSS287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 12:40 PM   #521
Kuzz
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Default Radeon 1950X update

Hey. I just wanted to pop in and update on the Radeon 1950X issues (CTD in tutorial after about 10 mins of gametime). Ubi offically responded today and said this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisoft Support
Unfortunately the reason for the crash is the Radeon X1950 series graphics card that you have. The lowest end of the Radeon series that is supported is the Radeon HD 2600 or better.

A patch would not fix this issue because the graphics in the game require the video cards are are listed.
I am aware that the card is not supported officially - and I don't want to sound like a whiner. But the card performs very good in the game (until the inevitable CTD of course) and runs at solid framerates. Shaders and such is also supported. Every other game I have tried with this card works great. Recently I've been playing Bad Company 2 & AvP. It's not a really low end card. But when it comes to UBI and Silent Hunter 5, we're just not going to get to play this game without a graphic upgrade. I think this has more to do with the design and coding of the game, and less to do with the quality of the card. I don't feel comfortable upgrading to a new card just because someone at Ubi decided my perfectly capable card wouldn't be supported in this game.

Ubisoft and devs on this one.
Old 03-11-10, 01:07 PM   #522
pythos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 46

STraight from SH4. No lightning!!!
pythos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 01:19 PM   #523
SabreHawk
Captain

Downloads: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythos View Post
STraight from SH4. No lightning!!!
Hmmm, I got lightning. Went through a nice storm on the way back to Kiel on training mission. Was pretty cool too.

And on the clocks yes, only one working(sound station), and some missing the second hand, and one in the stern compartment has no hands at all.
But on the RPM gauges in the conning tower both port and starboard gauges are there, and the rudder gauge is in between them. The RPM gauges dont work though.
The RPM gauges in the control room do work, but read 100rpm higher than what the one's in the engine room do.

The compasses work in all staions, but only the sound station one has the indicator line on top where it should be. All others have it on the bottom.
Old 03-11-10, 01:20 PM   #524
tomov73
Nub

Downloads: 28
Default ship reflections on water (fog)

ships specular reflections on water during foggy weather are appearing too early.
it seems, that fog has no visual influence on water reflections.

tomov73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 02:37 PM   #525
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turm View Post
Either way, my boat was totally silent, in which case the bug might be that no engine sound is played even when at All Stop on the surface with (possibly) one engine running to recharge batteries.
I ran into this as well. On the surface, stopped. Absolutely NO sound at all except footsteps. But as soon as I started moving forward everything came back.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote