SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-20-09, 10:16 PM   #511
Rilder
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Update:
1575, Religous turmoil has finally over for the most part, though revolts are still common, they tend to be for other stuff.

Not tooo much expansion in the colonies.

In the homelands I took Norway and vassalized the remaining province (couldn't annex for some reason)

Also gained a bit in germany, between vassal integrations, wars and what not.

The Poles and Frogs have gone at each other a couple times, for now I'm siding with France.

Don't know what happened to the ottoman empire, but I think pressure must of got to it and collapsed, massive rebelling as far as I could tell. Though a few years before the rebellion france war decced it and had the whole country at one point.
Old 01-20-09, 10:53 PM   #512
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Today I decided to post some pics from Theatre of War. (made by the same people who made IL2.)

My orders

my tanks/ and men.

my tanks going to a ridge.

crossing a bridge

French trying to ambush us (were not expecting tanks it appears.)

managed to get to some of there artillery.

reinforcements...

Were are going in to attack their trenches.

thats all for this post....
Old 01-20-09, 10:59 PM   #513
Task Force
Rear Admiral

the rest.......

last of there tanks.

1 more

not for long.

we won!!!

but lost a lot of stuff....
Old 01-21-09, 08:32 PM   #514
Task Force
Rear Admiral

All right.... me messin around with the Crysis demo. (runs great on my computer, almost no shuttering, even with explosions. (everything on high/vary high.)

Pics uploaded.

First encounters. (but my plans wernt on finishing the demo.)

I was gonna tear up the forest!!!

more jeep.

Woops, damaged it. he he.

hittin trees.

are these things surspost to smoke like this. he he...

woops, these things dont work well without tires.

bullet+gas can= uh oah. RUN!!!

Big BOOM!!! (Well, I aint gonna be using this jeep again.)
(how to get image to show up larger.)? yes I use imageshack.

Last edited by Task Force; 01-21-09 at 09:00 PM.
Task Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 03:43 PM   #515
Lzs von swe
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma
I miss my C&C = Generals so much. Alas, it won't work on bloody Vista.
I bought C&C The First Decade a while ago, and it all works well in Vista 32.
My son plays it more then me and he especially likes The Generals
Old 01-22-09, 04:23 PM   #516
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

In RA3 one of the craziest things, I think, is to see a Twinblade (Soviet) carrying an Apocalypse tank. The tank is massive and somehow that tiny chopper can carry it. For those that don't know, the Twinblade has a secondary ability that allows it to carry either an armored unit or infantry (not at the same time). I think the Twinblade should have a limit to what size unit it can carry or how fast it goes when carrying a unit. It is really something to watch a replay and see an opponent send some Twinblades carrying Apocalypse tanks behind an enemy base!

Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-09, 05:44 PM   #517
Rilder
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force
(how to get image to show up larger.)? yes I use imageshack.
When you host an Image there should be a little link at the bottom of the page, just ignore it's "DO NOT USE THE DIRECT LINK"

Then use the "Insert image" button when making a post.
Old 01-23-09, 04:02 PM   #518
Task Force
Rear Admiral

rgr thanks.
Old 01-29-09, 02:12 PM   #519
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Finally the German High Command decided we had retreated enough and it was time to give some back.

Tank column waiting the go order in the outskirts of Manhay

Column on it's way to LaRoche, to link up with more armor waiting there

More waiting in the town of LaRoche

Map view showing the lenght of the column

Aftermap shot, French soldiers laying dead in the streets of Champion

Sry for the lack of combat shots, was a wee bit busy as we had to move in quick to surround the town. Successfull attack, we took the town in under 30 minutes or so. Lost quite a few panzers thanks to some of the morons who decided it'd be a good idea to drive in to the armybase.

I was damaged badly during the attack as I went into to the town to hunt down anti-tank guns that were shooting at us. Both gunners killed but managed to limp back home.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 01:35 PM   #520
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Today, we in the Fallschirmjäger decided to try something a wee bit different.

Luftwaffe reported that there wasnt any enemy ships at Oostende where were headed... would like to hear what LW then this was? (or the 2 other enemy ships that blasted us)

Uuh... this cant be good...
Old 02-02-09, 01:55 PM   #521
Captain Vlad
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 6

All those sweet, juicy Panzers up in a wonderful line and me without a subscription or a 500 lb bomb! Arrrgh!
Old 02-04-09, 07:34 AM   #522
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Vlad
All those sweet, juicy Panzers up in a wonderful line and me without a subscription or a 500 lb bomb! Arrrgh!
Actually, that's what happened to an allied tank convoy. :rotfl:

Quote:
Allied attack on Liege stopped cold.

Before it could even start....

Bf-110C4/B's were forming to support Tongeren, when the call rang out that a horde of allied armor numbering 30+ was inb to hit liege.

My 110 gruppe, was half way to target when I made the decision to cut south and investigate the Leige reports. I figured it was an exaggeration but had it had any chance of being true, the 14 110's I had with me would have a devastating effect upon this attack.

Upon arriving we found the reports to be truthful... at least 20+ Shermans (and other assorted ets) were scattered across the North west hill outside of Liege...

Immediately 4 110's were tasked to knock out the bridges... mauserk dropped the final two bombs on the rail bridge causing the 4 shermans crossing it to fall into the river...
The main group then began laying waste to the hillside... almost immediately i saw 4 Sherman burning, and several more smoking and tracked. I dropped my 2 bombs upon 2 different targets... knocking out one S76, then proceeded to call for a general rtb as our 110's had expended their ordinance by then and were strafing the ET commanders that still foolishly had their heads up ...

Upon our return we saw the armor column fleeing north ward into the forest... and 4 more tanks were promptly were knocked out... 2 shermans and m10 and a stuart

It is believed that the armor column fled to the north in an attempt to join the current allied push into tongeren, but there numbers were utterly decimated by the Luftwaffe.

I have a suspicion that the armor column was 23rd led as I know of no other squad that rolls in such force.

- This is what you're Luftwaffe can do guys..

S! to all those who participated in the CAS Raid... more will come later to night

And on the other news from the front. FJ played finally a major part in the war, on 2/2/09 we managed to pretty much capture everything we were tasked to (not counting the little boat trip ).

A quicky shot of maybe from our most successfull drop. Cant remember the name of the town but we caught them with their pants down, doing a sheep. Only 1 allied defender managed to spawn before we controlled virtually everything.
Old 02-04-09, 11:39 AM   #523
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Here are a few more shots from RA3. This was from an Empire of the Rising Sun mission. In this mission you are granted use of the Shogun Executioner, a tremendously powerful, but painfully slow unit. It absorbs power from tesla zaps so that kind of buffs the health. It cannot defend itself against air units, but can walk into helicopters and make them crash. It is only available a couple times during the campaign. It is not available in skirmish. I think it would be useless in skirmish or online anyway since it is SO slow. It is massive. It can walk on the sea floor as well.

Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-09, 04:56 PM   #524
Captain Vlad
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Actually, that's what happened to an allied tank convoy.
I never got to fly much when I was playing, as my comp at the time couldn't handle it. Now that WWII Online would take about as much of my resources as solitaire, I have an internet service that can't really do online games. Which is too bad, I really do love panzer plinking on other flight sims.

I wanted more of a naval game very badly. Tooling around in the Fairmilles was fun, but that mostly involved cruising around looking for EBs or waiting for some dude as bored as you were in a 110 to try and sink you, which usually resulted in a dead 110 and an immobilized boat.

I did get really good at popping 110's with the 2 lber though. Still remember the first time I managed it. The neighbor in the next apartment complained about me laughing so hard.

I stopped playing before the paras were added, alas. I got to see the first few weeks of destroyers and such.
Old 02-06-09, 05:06 PM   #525
antikristuseke
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 3

I detect a small error in the processor clock speed detection.
antikristuseke is offline   Reply With Quote