SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-28-10, 10:11 AM   #5101
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

this i nice work, man!

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-10, 10:46 AM   #5102
Kentrat
Torpedoman

Location: Sitting on the Becks crate scraping the mould off the bread...
Downloads: 116
Default @

@ Gert Froebe,
*****EDIT*****have a look in the texts folder in the mod and sub folder German, copy/paste menu.txt into the data/menu folder of your game install or better still, deactivate the mod and put it in data/menu folder of the mod in the MODS folder and then reactivate..... that's the clean way!!!

Regards and Gruessen from

Kapitänleutnant, U-136, (typ. VIIb 16v GTi)

If God didn't want us to eat animals, He would not have made them out of meat....

Last edited by Kentrat; 11-28-10 at 10:59 AM.
Kentrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-10, 02:05 PM   #5103
GertFroebe_neu
Mate

Downloads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentrat View Post
@ Gert Froebe,
*****EDIT*****have a look in the texts folder in the mod and sub folder German, copy/paste menu.txt into the data/menu folder of your game install or better still, deactivate the mod and put it in data/menu folder of the mod in the MODS folder and then reactivate..... that's the clean way!!!

Regards and Gruessen from
Hi Kentrat!

Thanks for your help! It worked. The ship's log has a mix of german and english now but I think I can live with that.

Gruss aus Hamburg
Marc
GertFroebe_neu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-10, 08:36 AM   #5104
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

Hi TheDarkWraith!
When I try to determine the type of vessel, an error message appears the script. The definition of war and cargo ships without any problems when I try to also determine the type of tanker got a script error. What is written in Russian: "Адресат вызова создал исключение" - "Recipient are created exception"

And the tanker was named as the second screenshot.

PS The observation was made by the attac periscope

PPS Tanker "Ranger" determinate no problem. I think problem only with "Cimmaron"

Last edited by Obelix; 11-29-10 at 09:03 AM.
Obelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-10, 10:22 AM   #5105
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
Hi TheDarkWraith!
When I try to determine the type of vessel, an error message appears the script. The definition of war and cargo ships without any problems when I try to also determine the type of tanker got a script error. What is written in Russian: "Адресат вызова создал исключение" - "Recipient are created exception"

PS The observation was made by the attac periscope
A script error occurred because page attack periscope was open but it was trying to reference something in page obs periscope It appears I created this error somehow. I'll check the code

Found the error. It is my fault and will be corrected. It was going to tell you that key x wasn't found in mastheights for that ship.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-10, 07:17 AM   #5106
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Began to seriously annoy a bug: for management of crew often occurs spontaneously closing panel of the crew. The same bug appears also in the management of a periscope - rotating periscope mouse is "jumping" the cursor (Periscope stops spinning and the cursor appears) With what it could be linked?
Old 11-30-10, 07:29 AM   #5107
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Began to seriously annoy a bug: for management of crew often occurs spontaneously closing panel of the crew. The same bug appears also in the management of a periscope - rotating periscope mouse is "jumping" the cursor (Periscope stops spinning and the cursor appears) With what it could be linked?
Don't quite understand what you're referring to here. You're saying that if you have the crew management page open it will just close on it's own for no reason? Are you changing the size of the TAI map? Are you bringing up the nav map when this happens?

The periscope one I really don't understand what you're asking.
Old 11-30-10, 07:37 AM   #5108
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Don't quite understand what you're referring to here. You're saying that if you have the crew management page open it will just close on it's own for no reason? Are you changing the size of the TAI map? Are you bringing up the nav map when this happens?

The periscope one I really don't understand what you're asking.
Sorry
I'm on the bridge, TAI closed. Open the crew management, after 5-10 seconds the panel closes spontaneously.

Periscope:
Right-click - the cursor disappears, you can rotate the periscope to the left or right. 5-10 seconds spontaneously cursor appears and, accordingly, the periscope cannot rotate left and right by mouse. We have to do again right click to turn the periscope.

Maybe I should not bother you. Maybe I should check the mouse. Maybe the whole thing on the right button.
Old 11-30-10, 08:25 AM   #5109
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Incidentally, the same thing happens in the bunker when I try to select and load the torpedoes.
Old 11-30-10, 09:21 AM   #5110
mr.Kiki
Swabbie

Downloads: 113

Quote:
Incidentally, the same thing happens in the bunker when I try to select and load the torpedoes.
+1 Same bug at sea and in the bunker! + bug with white textures and CTD.
mr.Kiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-10, 09:40 AM   #5111
Petr
Mate

Downloads: 151

I use TDW UI 5.2
I downloaded on single mission with convoy and I have one problem here. There is troop transport which I dont have in recognition manual. Do I need any mod or something?
My second problem is that my boat has one more pole on conning tower. It comes from one hole in the rail and looks similar to periscope. It is always haeded out and breaks surface when I am on periscope depth. It is not obs. periscope.

Has anyone had some problems like this?
Petr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-10, 09:56 AM   #5112
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr View Post
I use TDW UI 5.2
I downloaded on single mission with convoy and I have one problem here. There is troop transport which I dont have in recognition manual. Do I need any mod or something?
My second problem is that my boat has one more pole on conning tower. It comes from one hole in the rail and looks similar to periscope. It is always haeded out and breaks surface when I am on periscope depth. It is not obs. periscope.

Has anyone had some problems like this?
Ubi removed some ships from recoginition manual with patch 1.2. I have yet to correct this.

The other 'pole' is the antenna. It's behavior that you describe is normal. It will fully retract and hide when you are ~ 30m depth.
Old 11-30-10, 10:19 AM   #5113
Petr
Mate

Downloads: 151

So can enemy spot this antena?
And can I get somewhere recognition manual with all ships?
Petr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-10, 11:47 AM   #5114
LTD1
Watch

Downloads: 58

SOLVED!

How do you get the rudder/speed/depth dials to show up in lower right corner? I speak of the nice, round, SH III-esque aparatus. I realize there is a good change this is a fairly stupid question!

Judging from TDC features demo vid, this should be somehow achieved by clicking the lever shaped bearing..thing? Nothing happens when i try clicking around it.

Last edited by LTD1; 12-01-10 at 03:48 AM.
LTD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-10, 12:07 PM   #5115
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD1 View Post
How do you get the rudder/speed/depth dials to show up in lower right corner? I speak of the nice, round, SH III-esque aparatus. I realize there is a good change this is a fairly stupid question!

Judging from TDC features demo vid, this should be somehow achieved by clicking the lever shaped bearing..thing? Nothing happens when i try clicking around it.
set the UIStyle to SH3Style in the options file

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui