SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-14, 01:21 PM   #5086
Serge65
A-ganger

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

I was browsing through files that were left I have from the times SH4 and found an interesting idea - AI Torpedo Launcher. I don't know who to say thanks for the this idea, these files were stored about 5 years in my archive mods for SH4 as a part of super mod "Great War", but I have only the first part of this mod without the readme. Thanks author!
I adapted it and tested for SH5 (screenshots in archive). I play with OHII and think that does not make sense to add individual mods to game, it only brings discord into the game. Need to do a specific mods for this great mod.

1. This AI launcher does not quite work as would like, but it works, maybe you will improve it.
2. Fully compatible with OHII.
3. No ID duplicate.
4. No changes in the ship's .eqp files.
5. Unfortunately, the game takes fire range for all cannons and AAguns from SIM.CFG and does not depend on the internal settings in .sim files and it can't be changed without affecting other guns.
6. Added the "Torpedo in the water!" audio report when torpedoes are dropped into the water (as in Wasserbomben_SoundFix). This also works for air torpedoes. Locations: sh.sdl, particles.dsd.
7. Added controller "obj_Turret" to all nodes cfg#T. The attached ship's .sim-files include changes of mods Ship Inertia and Enhanced FunnelSmoke, so installing after these mods.
8. Other minor changes, such as:
a) in DD Somers (.GR2) added nodes #H01, #N01 and these sensors (.sns file);
b) in PC Black Swan (.GR2) added node #R01, this is wrong - in file .sns sensor presence, and no node #R in ship. In the Black_Swan.fx removed Lost controllers;
c) in DD Rocket (.GR2) added node #R02 in a correct place and the radar sensor is moved from #R01 to #R02;
d) in DD Fletcher added node #R02 (more precisely - in the director_37 in guns_radars_01.fx new file).

AITorpedolauncer_SH5&OHII:http://yadi.sk/d/V4ulfMEbKztCM
Serge65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 02:48 PM   #5087
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge65 View Post
I was browsing through files that were left I have from the times SH4 and found an interesting idea - AI Torpedo Launcher.
Nice idea and well done, Serge.
I had a look to your screenies, and they look just... wow

Quote:
I don't know who to say thanks for the this idea, these files were stored about 5 years in my archive mods for SH4 as a part of super mod "Great War", but I have only the first part of this mod without the readme. Thanks author!
I think TDW and SergButo worked independently on the same idea. I don't remember in which respects their implementations differed from each other though.

Quote:
I play with OHII and think that does not make sense to add individual mods to game, it only brings discord into the game. Need to do a specific mods for this great mod.
Fully agree

Quote:
1. This AI launcher does not quite work as would like, but it works, maybe you will improve it.
I suppose your ship torpedo launchers won't be very accurate. Have you noticed any other problem with them?

Quote:
2. Fully compatible with OHII.
3. No ID duplicate.
4. No changes in the ship's .eqp files.
Excellent

Quote:
5. Unfortunately, the game takes fire range for all cannons and AAguns from SIM.CFG and does not depend on the internal settings in .sim files and it can't be changed without affecting other guns.
I think the range value stored in guns' controllers is the max range that their rounds can travel, whereas the global range factor in sim.cfg is sort of "max effective range". The game probably takes whatever is smaller among the above values as max firing range.

Quote:
6. Added the "Torpedo in the water!" audio report when torpedoes are dropped into the water (as in Wasserbomben_SoundFix). This also works for air torpedoes. Locations: sh.sdl, particles.dsd.

Quote:
7. Added controller "obj_Turret" to all nodes cfg#T. The attached ship's .sim-files include changes of mods Ship Inertia and Enhanced FunnelSmoke, so installing after these mods.
Not everyone is using those mods. Maybe you should create 'no EFS', 'no SI' and 'no EFS, no SI' patches
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 03:58 PM   #5088
Serge65
A-ganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
I suppose your ship torpedo launchers won't be very accurate. Have you noticed any other problem with them?
No, very accurate, very difficult to escape without warning or emergency dive maneuver if close.
Quote:
Not everyone is using those mods. Maybe you should create 'no EFS', 'no SI' and 'no EFS, no SI' patches
Here the question arises: do the individual mods or special mods?
I think we need to agree here, if I see "Enhanced FunnelSmoke" file in library folder, then I guess it's all maintenance used. About SI, I think, nothing bad will happen.
It is possible not to install, just be shooting for 360 degrees.
Old 03-22-14, 04:01 PM   #5089
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

So this might make torpedo bombers possible? Wow
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 09:03 PM   #5090
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
No, very accurate, very difficult to escape without warning or emergency dive maneuver if close.
Really? I remember SHIV ship torpedoes not being very accurate. So why aren't you fully satisfied about your torpedo launchers?

Quote:
Here the question arises: do the individual mods or special mods?
I think we need to agree here, if I see "Enhanced FunnelSmoke" file in library folder, then I guess it's all maintenance used.
I don't fully get you here. My point is that ship sim files in your mod pointing to EUF's smoke particles, make EUF not longer optional, but a required mod

Quote:
About SI, I think, nothing bad will happen.
Many players, don't ask me why, have reported unusual CTD's while using SI. Moreover, SI is not compatible with Hydrophone RPM.
I really like your idea to ensure combatibility with those mods, but I think we should also set people free to use them or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
So this might make torpedo bombers possible? Wow
torpedo bombers were already possible
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 04:48 PM   #5091
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Sober

I reinstalled as you suggested.

I took the opportunity using the custom install to select German voices.

I am using the mod EMMCD v0.3.1 by archer9.

As I am no longer using the ‘German Language Pack’ mod do I need to enable the mod ‘Speech fixes and Additions German Version?’
Use the latest mod list . I have taken EMMCD v0.3.1 by archer9 out because of reports of it breaking the hydrophone somehow . Reply in my mega mod thread please .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 06:38 PM   #5092
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Sober

I am using the mod EMMCD v0.3.1 by archer9. (Will not include now)

As I am no longer using the ‘German Language Pack’ mod do I need to enable the mod ‘Speech fixes and Additions German Version?’

Your reply to me
Use the latest mod list. I have taken EMMCD v0.3.1 by archer9 out because of reports of it breaking the hydrophone somehow . Reply in my mega mod thread please

I have printed off your latest 0600 22032014 mod list.

Do I need to add this mod if my crew are speaking German ‘Speech fixes and Additions German Version?’ now that I have removed the ‘German Language Pack’ mod.

I have deleted my OHII previous post
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-14, 06:44 PM   #5093
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Sober

I am using the mod EMMCD v0.3.1 by archer9. (Will not include now)

Your reply to me
Use the latest mod list. I have taken EMMCD v0.3.1 by archer9 out because of reports of it breaking the hydrophone somehow . Reply in my mega mod thread please

I have printed off your latest 0600 22032014 mod list.

Do I need to add this mod if my crew are speaking German ‘Speech fixes and Additions German Version?’ now that I have removed the ‘German Language Pack’ mod.

I have deleted my OHII previous post
There is a new list just updated sobers 0900 24032014 . No idea , I don't understand german so I don't use it .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 12:39 AM   #5094
Katze
Loader

Downloads: 186
Default Possible glitch in Mare Nostrum?

First off, thanks for all the latest improvements.

I had a couple of (possible) glitches as I started the Mare Nostrum campaign, using version OH2.5.

I had selected the mission Breakthrough Gibraltar but my objective was "Intercept British convoy before it reinforces Malta", which had a marker that was located south west of Sardinia and sounds more like an objective for "Deliveries for Malta".

Secondly, as luck would have it, I made it through the Straits of Gibraltar and ran into a convoy headed west. After sinking 7 freighters I had enough tonnage to complete "Breakthrough Gibraltar" but "Deliveries for Malta" also completed. I don't know if the tonnage should count for both objectives or if it's a bug.

( Oh, and the mission objective "Intercept British convoy before it reinforces Malta" is still in progress; not that that is a bug, but I thought I'd just add the info here.)
Katze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 02:52 AM   #5095
Serge65
A-ganger

Quote:
Really? I remember SHIV ship torpedoes not being very accurate. So why aren't you fully satisfied about your torpedo launchers?
It depends on the distance. The first shot is very far and I can't customize it (fire range for AI cannons in Sim.cfg=7000). Naturally, from a distance of 7,000 meters it is useless. From distance of 500-1000 metres - it is dangerous.
I'm not fully satisfied, because torpedoes behave not absolutely how torpedoes.

Quote:
I don't fully get you here. My point is that ship sim files in your mod pointing to EUF's smoke particles, make EUF not longer optional, but a required mod
In OH2 I see in the Library folder the file: particles_funnelsmoke.dat. It is fair to believe that all units have to use it. By and large, what's the difference what kind of the smoke out of the chimney?

Quote:
Many players, don't ask me why, have reported unusual CTD's while using SI. Moreover, SI is not compatible with Hydrophone RPM.
About SI: When I used the CI, I had CTD. I found that CTD caused these ships: Comet, Dithmarschen, Emden, Type34, C1B and HogIsland (I now think that it individually for each computer). Ok! I took the original files and made the same changes. No CTD. Why? What has changed? I don't understand. It's miracle (joke).

Quote:
I really like your idea to ensure combatibility with those mods, but I think we should also set people free to use them or not.
How to do it with such a variety of mods?
Obj_turret in ship's sim files perform the function of fire restrictions in certain sectors, it is possible to do without them, or add your own.
Old 03-27-14, 04:27 AM   #5096
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katze View Post
First off, thanks for all the latest improvements.
Thanks Katze
How are you finding the new missions using the MQK system?

Quote:
I had a couple of (possible) glitches as I started the Mare Nostrum campaign, using version OH2.5.

I had selected the mission Breakthrough Gibraltar but my objective was "Intercept British convoy before it reinforces Malta", which had a marker that was located south west of Sardinia and sounds more like an objective for "Deliveries for Malta".
Alas - most of the work done on these missions was for the patrol missions.
Each objective (breakthrough Gibraltar etc) has about 10 patrol, 1 spy and 1 intercept missions attached - not all these intercept or spy/drop off missions have been checked and where I have changed the objective for the main mission - it has on occasion cause these to be outside the operation area

I will fix these one day

Quote:
Secondly, as luck would have it, I made it through the Straits of Gibraltar and ran into a convoy headed west. After sinking 7 freighters I had enough tonnage to complete "Breakthrough Gibraltar" but "Deliveries for Malta" also completed. I don't know if the tonnage should count for both objectives or if it's a bug.
Some times this can happen where two objective are met at the same time.
Most campaigns now have been changed to reduce this. but it can still happen

Old 03-27-14, 06:04 AM   #5097
kenga
Watch

Downloads: 233

I welcome Captains!
OPEN HORIZONS v2.5 is established
Problem in that on the card there is no area designation партуля. In a briefing it was, and in the game is not present.
How to be?
The screen is applied.
kenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 06:15 AM   #5098
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

When in game - look at your Captains Log to see your patrol instructions

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...7&postcount=99

Old 03-27-14, 06:50 AM   #5099
kenga
Watch

Downloads: 233

The matter is that too it is not displayed.
After OPEN HORIZONS II v2.5 established Rus v 8-2.5 for Open Horizons-II
Matter in fonts can?

kenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 07:15 AM   #5100
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenga View Post
The matter is that too it is not displayed...
That's very odd ..
Look at the screen below.. there are all the txt files of the missions related to the square of AN55 in British Coastal Waters.. and all references to this square are there.. I don't have any thoughts about this error.. try to check other missions..

UPD: and check the files (TG_BCW_Patrol0-9.tsr) located in the Rus v 8-2.5 for Open Horizons-II\data\Campaigns\CampaignProjects\Missions\Total_ Germany_M.. make sure your files are not corrupt.. you can open them with Notepad..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel

Last edited by volodya61; 03-27-14 at 07:32 AM.
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii