SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-17-10, 09:07 PM   #496
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Order Buttons are visible over the full screen Event Camera view and the Order Category bar is as well (I have mine view onMouseOver, so it shows when you mouse over the bottom like in this picture). You're also able to switch from Officer to Officer. Other UI elements are hidden while in this view and clicking doesn't activate the command but instead exits Event Camera.

Reaper, as for removing that objectives icon, check out this mod: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164726

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 09:18 PM   #497
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post

Reaper, as for removing that objectives icon, check out this mod: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=164726
Yes, I had done in a similar way using the Editor to move them off screen and crop them so there dimension are 0 by 0 as done in that Mod.

I've since been trying to do it via scripting only as this would allow the user to select if they want them on or off or only allow completed objectives to show and such.
While my scripting knowledge is practically zilch I've been messing alot with the scripts trying to do things that way instead. I've slowly been getting things to work together, but the icon part has been driving me mad to figure out. Its as if the script doesn't actually control the icon but its hard coded - as no matter what I do they just re-appear .
I may just have to go back to the way I had it working. Crude but works
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 09:21 PM   #498
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:

Order Buttons are visible over the full screen Event Camera view and the Order Category bar is as well (I have mine view onMouseOver, so it shows when you mouse over the bottom like in this picture). You're also able to switch from Officer to Officer. Other UI elements are hidden while in this view and clicking doesn't activate the command but instead exits Event Camera.

do me a favor:

when in that view again press:

shift + alt + 6 and let me know what the active camera is (I have debug code embedded in the files with the test copies )
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 09:42 PM   #499
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

short and medium range icons have been added to radar:

as though I still cannot test anything dealing with radar I have to go by what I see in code as works. Until someone can show me how to enable my sub to have radar at anytime for testing purposes radar is considered untested.
Old 04-17-10, 09:57 PM   #500
sirbum69
Navy Dude

Downloads: 127

Is it possible to have Follow nearest merchant button...Reason i ask is cause we have follow nearest contact and follow nearest warship, But alot of times when i come up on a convoy, i want to track the merchants not the warships...

but i dont see that button...i thought we had that back in SH4
sirbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 10:10 PM   #501
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Until someone can show me how to enable my sub to have radar at anytime for testing purposes radar is considered untested.

Set MainEquipment and SecondaryEquipment to Late when you place the player sub and you will have the option of the VIIC/41 sub with radar.

Old 04-17-10, 10:15 PM   #502
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:

Set MainEquipment and SecondaryEquipment to Late when you place the player sub and you will have the option of the VIIC/41 sub with radar.

thank you I will try this now so I can finally test radar out.
Old 04-17-10, 10:16 PM   #503
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbum69 View Post
Is it possible to have Follow nearest merchant button...Reason i ask is cause we have follow nearest contact and follow nearest warship, But alot of times when i come up on a convoy, i want to track the merchants not the warships...

but i dont see that button...i thought we had that back in SH4
that command (or command like it) does not exist in the game. If it did I would use it
Old 04-17-10, 10:28 PM   #504
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
do me a favor:

when in that view again press:

shift + alt + 6 and let me know what the active camera is (I have debug code embedded in the files with the test copies )
Nothing seemed to happen?

Old 04-17-10, 10:30 PM   #505
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Nothing seemed to happen?
press it again. It should pop up a little dialog box that tells you what the active camera is. You can do it any time, any station.
Old 04-17-10, 10:31 PM   #506
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

added the send bearing and send range to TDC for sonar (though not sure they are working correctly )

and that is all for v1.2.0. I'm wrapping it up and putting it together now so that it's available for everyone. Look for it soon

oh, have to test out Radar first.........
Old 04-17-10, 10:38 PM   #507
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:

gave myself a VIIC/41, Elite level, commander Human of course, Secondary and Main equipment to Late.....now where do I select the option of this sub with radar? I want to do a single mission that I made for testing radar.
Old 04-17-10, 10:42 PM   #508
sirbum69
Navy Dude

Downloads: 127

i kind of had the same problem as the above poster with the outside camera view...I was inside the sub and my mouse was hovering over the XO so that is showed his name...Then when i went to F2 to outside camera and right click to move camera free, The name of the XO was attached to my coursor....

If i could figure out how to take screen shots i would lol...I figured the print screen worked but i cant find a .bmp or .jpg file anywhere...

are they stored somewhere other then in game folder or in my documents

EDIT: nevermind i found out how to take screen shots, ill take one and repost it...I see that you are wrapping it up so maybe this can just go into
next version bug fixes
sirbum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 11:38 PM   #509
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
gave myself a VIIC/41, Elite level, commander Human of course, Secondary and Main equipment to Late.....now where do I select the option of this sub with radar? I want to do a single mission that I made for testing radar.
I went to Historical Missions, next to the mission i made was a type-of-boat drop down. Even though I'd placed a VIIC, the option for a VIIC/41 was there. I choose that and had radar in game.

Old 04-17-10, 11:39 PM   #510
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I went to Historical Missions, next to the mission i made was a type-of-boat drop down. Even though I'd placed a VIIC, the option for a VIIC/41 was there. I choose that and had radar in game.
can you send me that mission you made that you speak of??

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui