SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-08-09, 03:22 PM   #496
Kapitan_Phillips
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 203
Uploads: 0

SH5 will likely be the final turn of the screwdriver in making the worlds best WW2 simulation.

Until SH6 of course.
Old 03-08-09, 03:31 PM   #497
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

I bet you SH5 has submarines in it
Old 03-08-09, 03:38 PM   #498
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
I bet you SH5 has submarines in it
This has got to be the best opportunity ever to combine both the ATO and PTO from the outset

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 06:03 PM   #499
Turbografx
Old Stormalong

Downloads: 104

I don't care really what theater the game starts out with, whats important is that it's moddable. SH4 can be modded pretty well but ti takes some work, if they designed the game to be easily modded from the beginning that would be awesome.

That way we could have mod teams implement forces which don't get a lot of love: The Brits, Dutch, French, Russians, Japanese, Italians etc.
Turbografx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 06:20 PM   #500
Frame57
Sea Lord

Downloads: 2

Looking forward to it, as i am getting bored with these at this point. maybe if I pay a modder some dough, they could come up with Nemo's nautilus so i could ram things and fight off that huge squid...
Old 03-09-09, 06:58 AM   #501
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Huh? SH5 at Q4 09?
:rotfl:
Again!!!
  • from UBI...
  • with much BETTER graphic...
  • hurriedly delivered for Christmas...
  • totally bugged...
  • with extra-paid patches...
summary:
not worth our money...
"SH5: Bugs of the Atlantic" RETURNS !!!

Thanks.
I'll wait for cheaper edition witch included patch 1.4 plus unofficiad add-on.
PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 12:30 PM   #502
Munchausen
Commodore

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
You want a game that is constantly improved and just gets better and better for all players? Play an on-line MMORPG!
Or play a game created by one programmer. Somebody who is devoted to his own brainchild and more willing to maintain support for it. Somebody who constantly visits his "offcial" forum, listens to suggestions, and does his best to make improvements. Somebody who cranks out "fixes" long, long after the game has been released.
Like the Grey Wolves perhaps
That's certainly a good example of a mod team that sticks with its product. But it's even better when the original dev also continues to support and improve his game ... someone who owns the game code and is willing to modify it in places everyone acknowledges to be buggy.

But, yes, Grey Wolves make a big difference (once their product is released). Now, if only there existed a team to mod the U.S. side of the war with the same amount of dedication.
Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 12:40 PM   #503
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
You want a game that is constantly improved and just gets better and better for all players? Play an on-line MMORPG!
Or play a game created by one programmer. Somebody who is devoted to his own brainchild and more willing to maintain support for it. Somebody who constantly visits his "offcial" forum, listens to suggestions, and does his best to make improvements. Somebody who cranks out "fixes" long, long after the game has been released.
Like the Grey Wolves perhaps
That's certainly a good example of a mod team that sticks with its product. But it's even better when the original dev also continues to support and improve his game ... someone who owns the game code and is willing to modify it in places everyone acknowledges to be buggy.

But, yes, Grey Wolves make a big difference (once their product is released). Now, if only there existed a team to mod the U.S. side of the war with the same amount of dedication.
You mean RFB, TMO, OM, Fall of the Rising Sun? Might want to revisit this statement.
Old 03-09-09, 12:44 PM   #504
Q3ark
Watch Officer

Downloads: 47

Quote:
You mean RFB, TMO, OM, Fall of the Rising Sun? Might want to revisit this statement.
Was going to mention that myself.

p.s. you missed out RSRDC
was H2SO4.
Q3ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 12:45 PM   #505
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q3ark
Quote:

Damn it You are right and here I am giving Kudos to Lurker over at his forum on what a fantastic mod it is AND how he keeps adding to it. Many apologies Lurker.
Old 03-09-09, 04:17 PM   #506
Q3ark
Watch Officer

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q3ark
Quote:

Damn it You are right and here I am giving Kudos to Lurker over at his forum on what a fantastic mod it is AND how he keeps adding to it. Many apologies Lurker.
Glad to help out . There's more quality mods out there for SH4 than people seem to realise. SH4 has come on a long way since it's troubled release, all because a few people had some good ideas and developed them into excellent mods.
was H2SO4.
Q3ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-09, 07:53 PM   #507
NEON DEON
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEON DEON
I heard that they were going to skip SH V and go right to SIX!

I stick by my earlier prediction.
Old 03-10-09, 09:09 PM   #508
drupps
Watch

Downloads: 42

I'd like to see SH3 and SH4 combined with a playable surface aspect. I'm sure this was already mentioned, but I didn't read the whole post.
drupps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-09, 08:39 AM   #509
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

One word people: Wolf Packs

Okay, two words then. Wolf Packs, U-Boat beacon transmissions which we can home in on as part of Wolf Pack operation. Triangular direction finding when U-Boats transmit later in the war. Enigma intelligence simulation, i.e. they know but we don't know they know...including dynmaic re-routing of convoys based on our U-Boat transmissions.

And whilst i'm at it: A fully modeled, rendered and working U-Boat (if Tomi doesn't beat them to it!). More involvement with other compartments.

Realistic damage acquisition and sinking....lets have some real Das Boot moments.

More German air attacks on convoys during early stages of war.

Dynamic Weather...preferably as beautiful as Flashpoint 2

The best sea modeling in the world please, and no skimping! In fact just make sure the environment is stunning and turbulent.

A working head.
Old 03-11-09, 11:07 AM   #510
thyro
Commander

Location: on a rock surrounded by water, that people call it UK
Downloads: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip
I have been told by someone who knows that sales for SH4 are very close to those of SH3. Perhaps if SH5 could cover both theaters it could reach the sum of both. Can you imagine being able to command a sub from any of the nations that had them in WW2. That would be really cool and appeal to audiences the series has never appealed to before. We might actually get some Japanese players.

Is good to see high expectations... but I'm afraid I don't share the same optimism.

SH series have been "fine" (a average quality) But all SHs lacked in substance (content) and detail. So why would SH5 be that different from its predecessors?

Money making machinery only... few enhancements, a new colour here and a new colour there and ready to go to shops. Bugs... if none critical, then no one will notice... beside moders would be entertained to cover most of them until a patch is released couple weeks/months later

Well I hope you are right and I'm wrong but after having all SHs since their release, I my expectations for WOW factor are quite low

BTW I hope that is enough of WWII... time to evolve to more modern age even if fictional... coz repeating same history over and over away is no joy.

thyro is offline   Reply With Quote