SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-18-10, 12:28 PM   #5071
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidslotm View Post
Hi,

thanks for GWX 3. How great to be back around the british coast in 70 meters and being depth charged again in SH3. The Brits just rocked the boat with a rack of depth charges, but I'm creeping away at silent speed, yahoo, heh.

GWX3 really breaths new life into SH3 and I would like to thank all involved. SH3 for me always beat SH4 for this very reason, being able to attack in coastal waters around England. The Brits had some good anti sub tactics which never really came to life in SH4. I've seen some Brit subs in the ID manual as well, will I see them at sea. I read some where the Brits had subs waiting for the uboats to come out from Wilhelmshaven, imagin that in the game play. Just a thought.

SH5 yes please without the DRM, time will tell.

thanks

Sid
The British S and T classes are scripted into the game....some are even part of convoy formations.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 03:57 PM   #5072
Cyberus
Watch

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

First of all i want to thanx developers of so great mod. SH3 is simply not so good without it... respect.

While everething runs good so far i have discovered some strange bug what it was not is stock game.

I did try to search web for meaby similar problem but was fail to find answere to this, thts why i'm trying to ask here.

The thing what i'm talking about is the left mouse klick while you are observing in perescoop and or uzo.

When you first time klick it to desapere pointer and move scoop around to locate ship and next left klick ( to deselect search mod by mouse movement ) on it result in launshing torpedo even if you are was ment to launch one. Once it did cost me points since it was netral merchant.

I remeber you could easely switch that in stock game but for some rison it is not the case in gwx gold mod.

Do anyone has same problem and or any suggestions how to get rid of this problem?

Tnx Cyb.

Last edited by Cyberus; 02-19-10 at 03:30 AM.
Cyberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 01:03 AM   #5073
thehiredgun
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 517
Default video cards for SH3 GWX3.0

Need some recomendations for a good video card that will handle SH3 GWX3.0. I have a game nobilis computer. Right now I have an ATI 4480. I keep having difficulty with it on the video in the game. I have been using ATI cards.
thehiredgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 04:09 AM   #5074
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberus View Post
First of all i want to thanx developers of so great mod. SH3 is simply not so good without it... respect.

While everething runs good so far i have discovered some strange bug what it was not is stock game.

I did try to search web for meaby similar problem but was fail to find answere to this, thts why i'm trying to ask here.

The thing what i'm talking about is the left mouse klick while you are observing in perescoop and or uzo.

When you first time klick it to desapere pointer and move scoop around to locate ship and next left klick ( to deselect search mod by mouse movement ) on it result in launshing torpedo even if you are was ment to launch one. Once it did cost me points since it was netral merchant.

I remeber you could easely switch that in stock game but for some rison it is not the case in gwx gold mod.

Do anyone has same problem and or any suggestions how to get rid of this problem?

Tnx Cyb.
You can use SetKeys to change which buttons do what action:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1016

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 10:04 AM   #5075
Cyberus
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreford-Brown View Post
You can use SetKeys to change which buttons do what action:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1016
I'm afraid i did not clarify my good enogh with this matter.

My general problem is not setkeys, but i will try again to explain exact what the problem is.

In the perescoop and/or Uzo window you can move your mouse pointer around the screen and make some selections ( for example choice desired torpedo tube's or notepad to collect data for moving ships , etc.)

There is also another option to klick with left mouse button on the perescoop window what will result in :

1) mouse pointer desapere from screen
2) you will be able to turn your perescoop in all directions by mouse movement searching for targets and/or observing area.

Once you are done with observation you have to klick on the left mouse button again the get get mouse pointer back on screen and thats where the problem do apear.

Normaly in stock game mouse pointer do returns on screen somewhere in the middle of the screen but since i have installed GWX my mouse pointer do always apear on top of launch torpedo button ( the one next lock target button) what ALWAYS result in pressing on that button and launshing torpedo even in there is nothing to shoot.

I have tryed multieple combinations (holding both left and rigth mouse buttons and even middle button) to prevent that pointer apears on top of the launch button but nothing did help, it always was resulted in unwanted launshed torpedo.

I have found some work around but it is not so handy when you are collecting data on ships and always make adjustments by moving peescoop with mouse.

In my case i have to switch to another view ( inside ship and or crew or simply by looking at battle or navigation map and then switch back to perecoop) but most ifficent is calling with F1 info tab what result in release my mouse pointer in the middle of screen without launshing torp.

Still it is not so handy work around and i was hopping that it is know bug and can be ajusted by changing some parameters where the pointer do apear on screen ( in the meiddle for example instead of on top of launch button) after releasing from perescoop movement.

So any advice will be very welcome in this matter.

Cyb.
Old 02-19-10, 10:25 AM   #5076
piri_reis
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 115

Quote:
I'm afraid i did not clarify my good enogh with this matter.
Yes this is a known problem, there's no mod that can make the mouse pointer appear somewhere else after you return from periscope view. I think the only way is to use a GUI mod that doesn't have the launch button right there.

Lt.z.S. Barbaros Hayreddin, U-35, 2nd Flot/Kiel, Type VIIB
Oct.29.1939, 2nd Patrol Eastern English Waters
Running SH5/TWOS
piri_reis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 10:51 AM   #5077
Cyberus
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by piri_reis View Post
Yes this is a known problem, there's no mod that can make the mouse pointer appear somewhere else after you return from periscope view. I think the only way is to use a GUI mod that doesn't have the launch button right there.
So basicly there is no way to change some cfg files to modify the position where the pointer must apear after release?

Is it hard codet stuff?
Old 02-19-10, 12:13 PM   #5078
piri_reis
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
So basicly there is no way to change some cfg files to modify the position where the pointer must apear after release?

Is it hard codet stuff?
Yes it's hardcoded, the position depends on your resolution I think, either play with that or switch GUIs.

Running SH5/TWOS
Old 02-19-10, 12:25 PM   #5079
Rapt0r56
Commodore

Downloads: 391

There's a discussing around the New Sub Pens of HanSolo and the Bunker Start at Kiel, anyone got an Idea if there's a chance to change the Position to Pen start at Kiel in GWX?

Another Question, i'm running the GWX St. Nazaire Schleuse and other Units Mod, how can i change the position of the Chapel that's playing on a wrong place?
“The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the Living Infinite. ” ― Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea
My modifications for Ubisoft's SHIII can currently be found in Maik's comprehensive archives found via the Silent Hunter 3 Tab on his website: https://maikhaas.synology.me/joomla/index.php?lang=de/
Rapt0r56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 01:08 PM   #5080
piri_reis
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapt0r View Post
There's a discussing around the New Sub Pens of HanSolo and the Bunker Start at Kiel, anyone got an Idea if there's a chance to change the Position to Pen start at Kiel in GWX?

Another Question, i'm running the GWX St. Nazaire Schleuse and other Units Mod, how can i change the position of the Chapel that's playing on a wrong place?
Check cfg/flotilla.cfg for departure points.

Running SH5/TWOS
Old 02-19-10, 05:24 PM   #5081
Deputy
Chief

Downloads: 124

Hmmm...GWX3 downloads are not working right now. Is there a server problem???
Deputy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 12:51 AM   #5082
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
Hi Deputy. I just checked my links and Jimbuna's links via the GWX website. They are working fine. (DL speed from FileFront for me was roughly 700 kbps)

Maybe you had (or have) a temporary internet gremlin.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 02:19 AM   #5083
Rapt0r56
Commodore

Downloads: 391

Quote:
Check cfg/flotilla.cfg for departure points.
Many thanks Mate!
“The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the Living Infinite. ” ― Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea
My modifications for Ubisoft's SHIII can currently be found in Maik's comprehensive archives found via the Silent Hunter 3 Tab on his website: https://maikhaas.synology.me/joomla/index.php?lang=de/
Rapt0r56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 09:51 AM   #5084
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
There are also links on my FF page (above my sig).

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 10:24 AM   #5085
Deputy
Chief

Downloads: 124

If I do have a gremlin, I'm gonna beat the heck out of it!!!
I'll try again today.

Dep
Deputy is offline   Reply With Quote