Birds of same feather...
Old 07-26-18, 09:36 AM   #5057
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

From August quoting a Fox news article:

Quote:
We know that on or about May 2, 2016, Comey composed a statement summarizing Clinton’s mishandling of classified documents, concluding that she was “grossly negligent.” Those pivotal words have a distinct legal meaning, and are drawn directly from a federal statute, 18 U.S.C. 793(f), which makes it a felony to handle classified documents in a “grossly negligent” manner.
Comey used the exact phrase not once, but twice.
Odd that no matter what Mueller finds in his Russian investigation surely they would not be able to use such words against President Trump ...

Yet Hillary is free to fret about Trump's defeat of her in the 2016 election.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 07-26-18, 10:51 AM   #5058
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Possible explanation for missing question and answer from the transcript.

Quote:
The Washington Post explained Wednesday that the error was due to a technical issue and not because of intentionally deceptive editing by the White House.

"President Putin, did you want President Trump to win the election and did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?" Reuters reporter Jeff Mason asked.

"Yes, I did. Yes, I did. Because he talked about bringing the U.S.-Russia relationship back to normal," Putin answered in Russian.

But in the White House transcript, the question is cut off to read "And did you direct any of your officials to help him do that?"
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/lauret...cript-n2503705

The Washington Post is not a Trump friendly news source.

Quote:
“What happened?” The Post’s Philip Bump asked. “If you watch the videos, it’s pretty clear. At some point in the middle of that question, there’s a switch between the feed from the reporters and the feed from the translator. In the White House version of the video, you can hear the question being asked very faintly under the woman who is translating saying ‘president.’”

“You can hear the same audio in The Post’s feed, starting at about a minute in,” he added. “We did not edit the question out. This is the feed we were provided.”

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 07-26-18, 12:56 PM   #5059
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

^That explains it then.
Old 07-26-18, 01:20 PM   #5060
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

You may not like what you read, but:

I most likely going to die laughing if Trump wins the next election
(Seeing the face of those who can't stand Trump-Will be priceless)

AND

I most likely going to die laughing, if they find the evidence they need and impeach Trump
(Seeing the face of those who love Trump, when he are impeached-Will be priceless)

That's my opinion

Markus
Old 07-26-18, 01:38 PM   #5061
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

AND

I most likely going to die laughing, if they find the evidence they need and impeach Trump
(Seeing the face of those who love Trump, when he are impeached-Will be priceless)

That's my opinion

Markus
This is very wise and also formulated far-sighted.

As completely different as my vivacious as well as from another point of view perhaps "irrational" appearances on this topic.

Old 07-26-18, 01:57 PM   #5062
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Trump cannot avoid to win in 2020 if the Democrats do not manage to show up with a more liked candidate next time than was the case with their curio collection last time. In principle Trump stands on feet of clay. His strength is not his own strength, but the other party's weakness. The Republican party however he has fully changed, and every possible rival was bitten away by now.

I was early in saying he would possibly win the candidacy, and I also was early when saying he would possibly win the presidency. I am early again in saiyng now that he will win the second term most likely - if it is not his own party staging a coup against him. And that currently is very unlikely.
Old 07-26-18, 03:13 PM   #5063
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

Which one is you?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 07-26-18, 03:19 PM   #5064
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Trump cannot avoid to win in 2020 if the Democrats do not manage to show up with a more liked candidate next time than was the case with their curio collection last time. In principle Trump stands on feet of clay. His strength is not his own strength, but the other party's weakness. The Republican party however he has fully changed, and every possible rival was bitten away by now.

I was early in saying he would possibly win the candidacy, and I also was early when saying he would possibly win the presidency. I am early again in saiyng now that he will win the second term most likely - if it is not his own party staging a coup against him. And that currently is very unlikely.

The democrats have no one of interest willing to run or worth a look. Further, the more idiocy that continues in the liberal news the more ardent Trumps supporters become.

I get the sense that many of the democratic voters are realizing their party is not really in their corner.

Trump will have a second term.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 07-26-18 at 03:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-26-18, 03:23 PM   #5065
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

AND

That's my opinion

Markus
Many laughed at the thought of Trump possibly winning the first elections.

Trump will not be impeached. Or should I say, successfully.
Old 07-26-18, 03:30 PM   #5066
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

The Russian investigation is another clever distractions among other distractions.

Every administration it is the same damn hack.

Let's talk about Obama's birth certificate.

For once, perhaps focusing on the country, would be a great idea.
Old 07-26-18, 03:33 PM   #5067
Bleiente
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

The comparison is limp - Trump is just a stupid, screaming chimpanzee, who is struck so hard by the gorilla.

Last edited by Sailor Steve; 07-26-18 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Edited for language.
  Received Infraction
Old 07-26-18, 04:06 PM   #5068
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

yup, this is the Reason we like Trump. Article in GQ on the Inside story of the release of Otto Warmbier from North Korea. Obama tried to get him home, but the North Koreans just ignored him.

When Trump found out Otto was in a coma, he ordered an american plane to fly to Pyongyang and informed the North Koreans the plane was coming:

Quote:
When Trump learned of Otto's condition, he doubled down on the order for Yun to rush to Pyongyang and bring Otto home. The North Koreans were unilaterally informed that an American plane would soon land in Pyongyang and that United States diplomats and doctors would get off. “The president was very invested in bringing Otto home,” said a State Department official who was involved in the case and who was not authorized to speak on the record. “Listening to him deliberate on this, he sounded to me a lot more like a dad.” But, the official said, “we were very scared,” for though the North Koreans eventually said the plane would be able to land, no one knew what kind of welcome the Americans would receive on the ground. Yun explained, “The North Koreans said we could send a delegation to see Otto, but that we would have to discuss some of the conditions of getting him out once we got there.” And so Yun raced to assemble a diplomatic and medical team to save Otto.
https://www.gq.com/story/otto-warmbi...age-true-story

the more foreigners complain, the more you know he is on the right track.
Old 07-26-18, 04:34 PM   #5069
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Having a tactic for hiding that one has no plan, does not make the tactic a valid replacement for the non-existing plan.

Its hard to form a plan, a long term vision or whatever, if your awareness span reaches just from one Tweet to the next.

Political success in Trump'S definition: to land the next big headline on twitter. The unhidden joys of triumphant little boys.

Regarding the meeting with Juncker, its probably not so much pressure from the EU that made him changing his mind for the next hours (before he maybe chnages it again), that was not necessary maybe: but the fact that parts of his own voter basis and party and the complete car industry formed up against his tax policy. There are midterm elecitons coming up, and Republican senators started to mind their own office interests. This played into the hands of the Europeans. The US exported tne times as many soy beans to China than Europe, and this now is getting the tax-hammer - as we know, Trump had to promise financial support for his farmers therefore.

The problem is: China cna say it buys this and that from the US, LNG or soy beans, and it does. The EU canot say that, Jnckers ha dno m,andate for promising that, and the commission can make no state and no private companyx buying overpriced American LNG or soy beans, even if it told Washington Europe would do that. Europe is not China. The trariffs on steel and aluminium are sitll in place, the assessment of car imports into the Us continues, the car tariffs are not off the table.

It was just a declaration of intention yesterday. Not even a deal. One bought time in which the conflict is not to be escalated. If Trump plays ball. And more it is not.

I am very hesitent to read anything more into that "deal". I think in a few months, we will see it cooking up once again.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-26-18 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-26-18, 04:37 PM   #5070
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleiente View Post
The comparison is limp - Trump is just a stupid, screaming and ****ting-crapping chimpanzee, who is struck so hard by the gorilla.

And who is the gorilla in your little fantasy that's doing the striking?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter