SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-17-10, 08:42 PM   #5026
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

is patch 3 accumulative? Do I still need patch 1 and 2?

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-10, 08:45 PM   #5027
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

You do not need anything other than TDW 5.1.0 and patch 3 - see post 1: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...69&postcount=1
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-10, 02:30 AM   #5028
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef von Posorschitz View Post
You do not need anything other than TDW 5.1.0 and patch 3 - see post 1: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...69&postcount=1
I will wait for the next version , there only about half an hour apart
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-10, 08:07 PM   #5029
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

I'm a perfectionist and opportunist, always have been and always will. Thus it was time for the in-game Ship's Journal to have a make over. The old way of pressing shift while over the entry you wanted to select to select/deselect is history! I've made it Automation-ish now. You select the entry to edit/add/remove by clicking on it with the mouse. As you mouse over the entries their background will change color (dark grey is current entry mouse is over). Light grey background is the currently selected entry:

This will make using the in-game Ship's Journal much easier

I also had a few minor bugs to fix with the in-game Ship's Journal also (nothing major - just me being a perfectionist).

I have to make a change to the mission settings box. It appears that the game reads the date and time from the mission files when you access the page Historic Missions. If you change the time and 'apply' the change you'll notice that the change doesn't take affect. This is because of what I mentioned before. So what I'm going to do is if you change the time of the mission (and apply change) a flag will be set. When you mouse into the 'Start' button and if the flag is set a dialog box will appear telling you that you need to exit this page and come back to it for the changes to take place. Nothing big.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 01:06 AM   #5030
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v5.2.0 released. See post #1 for details

EDIT:

thinking about adding more control over the mission. Thinking about adding the ability to determine the sub's depth and speed before mission start. Anything else you all would want to change before starting a mission?

Also looking into adding ship's sunk and their tonnage to the ship's journal. I have an idea of how to do it and I'll investigate that idea tomorrow.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 11-20-10 at 02:24 AM.
Old 11-20-10, 02:41 AM   #5031
antier
Watch

Downloads: 254
Default Maybe... a little break ?

Anything else you all would want to change before starting a mission?

Sure ! Take a little break, not for you but for the sake of us ! JSGME gets flooding, Sir !

More seriously : from my point of view, YOU did the best suggestion : "adding a page (or adding to an existing page) in the 'Options' of the game where user can configure their UI on the fly without having to exit the game."

JSGME has sunk, Sir !
antier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 02:55 AM   #5032
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I'm a perfectionist and opportunist, always have been and always will.
The best info this month!

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 12:39 PM   #5033
Lif
Nub

Downloads: 62
Default help!!! Please advise Re: NewUIs_TDC_5_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith

I have been playing SH5 [patched to 1.2 and modded with the Reaper7 Stadimeter Mod V1.2 and the Torpedo_Speed_Abilitie_Fix_for_TDC_SH5_v120] for some weeks now. In game, its early January, the first 3 Total Germany missions are completed and I am on 'extra' patrols waiting for the 4th [Weserübung] mission to trigger come march. Using the above mods and getting the AOB and speed from the map I can reliably hit targets up to 5000 metres away. So, all has been good!
Then, in the forums, I came across the NewUIs_TDC_5_1_0_ByTheDarkWraith. It sounded good enough to try. So I installed it and its companion NewUIs_TDC_v5_1_0_patch_3 [having disabled the other 2 mods first] and tweaked the .py file for TDC spread angle only. It seems to have activated properly. All the officer icons ect. appeared and I now have a whole bunch of new commands that I no idea even existed. Great!!! The problem is I now can't hit a target for toffee. I click on the space button to highlight a target, I click on the original XO icon to bring up the original TDC, I id the target with the rec. manual, I then click on one of the new officer icons [Icant remember which one off the top of my head] which then allows me to 'lock' the target and I then press the speed of target icon. I then get the AOB off the map as usual and use the original stadometer as before. The problem seems to be with the speed of the target function. Sometimes it just says calculating speed of the target, but the does nothing. Sometimes, after an age, it will report some nonsense like: 0 Knts or 77 Knts. It also consistantly gives the wrong AOB [as compared to a map measured AOB]. Calculating the AOB and range before pressing the speed of the target function makes no difference at all.
Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong. I would love to use this interface and would loathe going back to my earlier configuration with its reduced [albeit accurate] functionality.
Thanks in anticipation.
Lif.
Lif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-10, 01:30 PM   #5034
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

for the auto speed calculation from the follow target function you have to (after target is locked, identified, and follow target enabled):
- take range reading
- set the target's AOB
- ensure your sub is not moving (or is moving very slow)
- click the calculate speed
- wait period of time
- click the calculate speed again
- repeat cycle

btw the current version of the mod is v5.2.0 (soon to be v5.3.0)
Old 11-20-10, 02:01 PM   #5035
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

patch 1 for v5.2.0 will give you the ability to change the player's sub settings before starting a historical mission. This is great for testing things and also for a little variety at the start of the single mission:
Old 11-20-10, 02:38 PM   #5036
antier
Watch

Default What the hell is TBD ?

As an eminent member of the French Mille-Sabords SH5 forum community, http://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/i...?showforum=213 , I have a terrific question to ask you, my dear Fantôme Noir (TDW) : what do you mean when you write on the 1st page :

New features for next version:
- TBD ?

I have been searching for hours on the Internet, and just found : Deutz Marine diesel engine TBD xxx. Is there any connection in there ?

Or is it just a TDW private joke ?

Whatever your answer, let me tell you that you are doing a great, great job ! Congratulations : we all of us have adopted your terrific mods (see discussions on our forum).

Any chance for you to join the Ubisoft SH5 Team ? It would be a outrageous plus for all subsimmers.

- sorry for my poor froggy english -
Old 11-20-10, 02:51 PM   #5037
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by antier View Post
As an eminent member of the French Mille-Sabords SH5 forum community, http://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/i...?showforum=213 , I have a terrific question to ask you, my dear Fantôme Noir (TDW) : what do you mean when you write on the 1st page :

New features for next version:
- TBD ?

I have been searching for hours on the Internet, and just found : Deutz Marine diesel engine TBD xxx. Is there any connection in there ?

Or is it just a TDW private joke ?
TBD is an english slang for 'To Be Determined' (meaning I haven't figured out yet what it is or what it's going to be)

patch 1 for v5.2.0 released. See post #1 for details
Old 11-20-10, 05:06 PM   #5038
antier
Watch

Shame on me ! Go to bed !

Patch #1 : excellent ! Go sailing !
Old 11-20-10, 10:23 PM   #5039
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

my idea for adding ship's sunk and their tonnage to the ship's journal worked Here I just decimated a Liberty ship with a spread of 2 torpedoes (notice the entry in the messagebox from WEPS):

Now some explaining to do about how it works: every 30 seconds of regular time (not game time!) the game moves the captains log offscreen and opens it (has to to update the in-game captain log). This makes it so you don't see what's going on. After it opens it it gets the list of ships sunk and determines if there are any new ones. If so it adds them to the messagebox (and thus the ship's journal). Then it closes the captains log and moves it back onscreen where it was. Now if the captains log was already open when it comes time to check for sunken ships it just does that - checks for sunken ships and that's it.

Patch 2 for v5.2.0 released. See post #1 for details.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 11-20-10 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-21-10, 08:55 AM   #5040
divittor
Bosun

Downloads: 56
Default reports of sunken ships in journal

TY for this addition.
I was making entries in the journal for sunk ships as this would have be an important event to record

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui