SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-05-20, 02:58 AM   #5026
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

President Trump is driven past his supporters outside the Walter Reed Medical Center, before returning to hospital.

President Trump has been treated with the steroid dexamethasone after oxygen level drops on Friday and Saturday, his doctor says.

They said the president was doing well and might be discharged back to the White House on Monday.

At least seven people who attended a White House event last week, including the Trumps, have now tested positive.

In the UK, a technical glitch which meant nearly 16,000 cases went unreported has caused delays to its track and trace system.

All bars in the French capital Paris will shut from Tuesday as the city's coronavirus alert is raised to maximum.

There have now been more than 35.1m Covid-19 cases causing more than 1m deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 05:30 AM   #5027
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The president of the European Commission has been forced to into self-isolation after meeting someone who later tested positive for Covid-19.

Ursula von der Leyen announced the development on social media, saying she had tested negative on Thursday and will be tested again on Monday.

The German politician was informed she would need to go into quarantine after meeting with an unnamed individual last week who has since discovered they are infected.

Old 10-05-20, 11:07 AM   #5028
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Donald Trump's press secretary Kayleigh McEnany tests positive for Covid-19

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ests-positive/

Old 10-05-20, 12:40 PM   #5029
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The BBC has confirmed the missing Covid-19 test data was caused by the ill-thought-out use of Microsoft's Excel software. Furthermore, Public Health England (PHE) was to blame, rather than a third-party contractor.

The issue was caused by the way the agency brought together logs produced by the commercial firms paid to carry out swab tests for the virus.

They filed their results in the form of text-based lists, without issue.

PHE had set up an automatic process to pull this data together into Excel templates so that it could then be uploaded to a central system and made available to the NHS Test and Trace team as well as other government computer dashboards.

The problem is that the PHE developers picked an old file format to do this - known as XLS.

As a consequence, each template could handle only about 65,000 rows of data rather than the one million-plus rows that Excel is actually capable of.

And since each test result created several rows of data, in practice it meant that each template was limited to about 1,400 cases. When that total was reached, further cases were simply left off.

Spain has reported a rise of 23,480 coronavirus infections over the weekend, making it the first western European country to record more than 800,000 cases in total.

The increase pushes the official count of infections since the start of the pandemic in Spain to 813,412, the eight-highest total in the world.

The death toll reached 32,225, up from 32,086 on Friday, Spain’s health ministry said.

Old 10-05-20, 01:28 PM   #5030
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The BBC has confirmed the missing Covid-19 test data was caused by the ill-thought-out use of Microsoft's Excel software.

As a consequence, each template could handle only about 65,000 rows of data rather than the one million-plus rows that Excel is actually capable of.
Messing around with Excel is the root of all evil today. And it still gets confused when using multiple operators on +500k rows.

Back in University I did measurements that would produce a set of data every 0.7 seconds and the experiments lasted for at least 72h. The PC sitting on my desk was the hottest s**t available: Pentium II, 20Megs of RAM, a Gigabyte HDD and the latest version of Microsoft Office of course. The machine was not able to compute accurate results from my data. Had to take the raw data home on a Iomega Zip-Drive and use Igor Pro on a 33Mhz / 4Megs of RAM Macintosh to get the work done.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)

Last edited by skidman; 10-05-20 at 05:03 PM.
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 04:38 AM   #5031
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-06-20, 04:41 AM   #5032
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

US President Donald Trump is back in the White House after leaving hospital where he was being treated for coronavirus.

Posing for pictures on the Truman balcony, he removed his mask and urged people not to be frightened by the disease.

Questions remain about the seriousness of the president's illness after conflicting statements.

Surgeons in England have warned there could be “tsunami” of cancelled NHS operations this winter.

All bars in the French capital Paris will shut from Tuesday as the city's coronavirus alert is raised to maximum.

More than 35.4 million cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed globally, with more than one million deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.

Old 10-06-20, 05:30 AM   #5033
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

First thing the messiah did after returning to the White House was to take off his face mask. Although by the - known - time tables for the infeciton he still is infectous.

People mean nothing to him.

He probably also went to the kitchen and out rat poison into the staff'S coffee machine, just becasue he thought it was funny.

Murderous scum.
Old 10-06-20, 06:18 AM   #5034
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

This was aired on BBC News yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-54428603

Old 10-06-20, 08:09 AM   #5035
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
This was aired on BBC News yesterday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-54428603
It may not be a surprise, may even be typical for patients with such deranged personality structures - but nevertheless it is a shame. Especially when they are not being stopped from putting others at risk.

=================

Long Covid.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54296223
Old 10-06-20, 10:45 AM   #5036
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I have in my surroundings a lot of false safety.

Latest was today...was standing in the line waiting for my turn to pay for my things in the store.

Suddenly a man came up to me and stood very close behind me. I turned around and said to him.

Sir-you are standing to close to me.

He looked at me and said I have only these two things-
Ok you go in front of me I can wait I said.

Then he turned around and said to me...don't worry I have been tested negative.

WHAT!? So do people think they are invulnerable-
The test was negative , so now I(they) can behave like before this pandemic-NO such things.

I would have said to this man-Yes you have been tested negative, BUT it doesn't prevent you from being infected after. It only tell you that you haven't been infected so far.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 12:51 PM   #5037
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-20, 01:02 PM   #5038
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-06-20, 01:07 PM   #5039
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

US President Donald Trump is coming under fire for downplaying the severity of coronavirus on his return to the White House.

Election rival Joe Biden, former First Lady Michelle Obama and medics criticise his upbeat statements.

PM Boris Johnson says the UK cannot return to normal post-pandemic, but needs better housing and healthcare.

New coronavirus restrictions for Scotland will be announced on Wednesday - but it will not be another full lockdown.

There is hope that an effective vaccine against the coronavirus will be ready by the end of this year, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) has said.

The Australian government has vowed to slash taxes and increase spending to shore up the country’s coronavirus-ravaged economy, in a move that would see the deficit swell to a record level.

More than 35.4 million cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed globally, with more than one million deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.

Old 10-06-20, 01:10 PM   #5040
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan