SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-07-10, 06:01 PM   #4891
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppro View Post
I have decided not to use 490. I don't use automation or tutorials at least not yet. so I would like to know if there is a way to remove the nav map nomograph from the older versions that I have [270 and 290]. thank you. these versions of the ui are perfect for the way I am playing right now.
Even though you do not use Automation or tutorials you can still use 4.9.0. There's no reason to downgrade to an earlier version. Every new version fixes errors or bugs in previous versions and might add new features. The options migrater will not work on pre v4.8.0 options files also.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-10, 06:03 PM   #4892
stoppro
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 493
Uploads: 0

Ok I'll reload it in again and try to fing out what i did wrong in the options file thanks
Old 11-07-10, 11:40 PM   #4893
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

patch 1 just about complete for v4.9.0. This patch entails:

v4.9.1 - added a new command to the tutorial feature that allows the hotkey for an item defined in the options file to be displayed in the tutorial box
- majority of the tutorial commands have had a wait time parameter added that allows user to specify time to wait until next command is issued. See
\data\Tutorials\TDW_Tutorial.txt for more information
- fixed bug of when the tutorial 'Stop' button is pressed there was a possibility of a 'Wait' timer still timing out before user was able to start
tutorial again by pressing 'Play' button
- fixed bugs in tutorial documentation (\data\Tutorials\TDW_Tutorial.txt)
- added new commands to the tutorial feature that allow user to control visibility of menu items (and pages)
- added a new command to the tutorial feature that allows user to control the checkstate of menu items
- added a new command to the tutorial feature that allows the tutorial to wait indefinitely until a certain menu item or page is the specified
visibility
- added a new command to the tutorial feature that allows the tutorial to wait indefinitely until a certain menu item is a certain checked state
- added a new command to the turorial feature that allows the tutorial to execute ANY Automation command in data\Automation\TDW_Automation.txt or in
\data\Cfg\Commands.cfg
- added a new command to the tutorial feature that allows the tutorial to wait indefinitely until a certain station is a specified state (enabled or
disabled). i.e.: you can specify to wait until the attack periscope has been enabled/disabled. See \data\Tutorials\TDW_Tutorial.txt for list of stations available

@ Trevally: the idea about being able to add pictures I'm still working on. What's probably going to happen is I'll have the game create a new window that will display 'outside' of the game (afterall it's a new window). This new window will allow the user to resize it by dragging the corners just like you can do with practically any window in Windows. This new window will display the picture via a .NET picturebox control. The picturebox control can display many different picture formats and thus is the perfect candidate for this Once I finish this then patch 1 will be complete and ready to release. For pausing and TC control use the ExecuteAutomationCommand command with parameter3 set as Automation's Set_Time_Compression command.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 11-08-10 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-08-10, 01:17 AM   #4894
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

adding this picture to the tutorial is a little trickier than expected. Thus I'm going to go ahead and release patch 1 as is. When I figure out the picture thing I'll release another patch.

v4.9.0 Patch 1 released. See post #1 for details

Don't forget to use the options migrater app to migrate old options to new options file (I made some changes to the options file also in this patch).

There is a new tutorial included that details the new commands added to the tutorial feature in this patch.
Old 11-08-10, 02:49 AM   #4895
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Helloo TDW, I have this problem with vers. 4.9.0:

After immersion always eject the periscope here:

Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 03:58 AM   #4896
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Is possible to change this deep/surface time icon to real clock like on the picture?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 07:07 AM   #4897
Olzeen
Mate

Downloads: 332

@ josef

Quote:
Helloo TDW, I have this problem with vers. 4.9.0:

After immersion always eject the periscope here:
this is not a periscope, that is your radio antenna .. it retracts when you go deeper than periscope depth... everything is right and proper
Olzeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 09:09 AM   #4898
Sepp von Ch.
Sea Lord

Downloads: 788

Thank you Olzeen!

It can be plugged? Otherwise the crew of freighters observe the wake after the antenna...
Sepp von Ch. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 11:06 AM   #4899
DrJones
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 343
Default Quick Solution for Snapshots

Hi @TDW,

do you think it's possible to create an order to get a torpedo solution for snapshots at a rough estimate Speed, AOB and Distance?

Maybe this coud be usefull when the WO has to make a solution by destroyer attack

greets

DrJones
DrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 11:27 AM   #4900
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

just figured out how to change menu item textures dynamically This means I can add images to the tutorial feature now Trevally your idea will become reality here soon.

This also means that one could make 'skins' for the UI and let the user switch 'skins' on the fly. Very cool.
Old 11-08-10, 12:28 PM   #4901
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156
CameraBar suggestions

I love the CameraBar!
In particular I love the "Activate free camera" command (2nd from left). It is very versatile and greatly enhances visual immersion. However, I have 2 suggestions/questions:

1. Is there a way to attach this "Activate free camera" command also to a keyboard command key for even faster use? Having fiddled around with Commands.cfg somewhat, I'm not sure this particular camera view is available there, or is it? Or would a key fixture require an alteration in options.py? Feasible?

2. When available/visible, the camerabar shows as a thin white line slightly beneath the top screen edge. Could this white line be moved upwards 1-2 mm to hide behind the screen edge and work similarly to the officersbar and other completely hiding toolbars? This might be a tidier option.
Old 11-08-10, 01:31 PM   #4902
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
just figured out how to change menu item textures dynamically This means I can add images to the tutorial feature now Trevally your idea will become reality here soon.

This also means that one could make 'skins' for the UI and let the user switch 'skins' on the fly. Very cool.
Great news
Old 11-08-10, 01:38 PM   #4903
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post

aaa.. what? Can you elaborate this a bit more please?
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 02:33 PM   #4904
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

Why else on the menu and change the skins? You'd better interface would be engaged.
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 03:05 PM   #4905
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

@ Trevally: what size of images are you looking at? I'm looking for a default value to set the tutorial image menu item. You'll be able to resize it by dragging the corners of the image and also by a tutorial command. The image format is going to be .dds or .tga only with NO alpha channel.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui