SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-10, 03:11 PM   #4786
Capt Sinbad
Loader

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

ok i have an image how do i upload it?
Capt Sinbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-10, 03:32 PM   #4787
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Sinbad View Post
ok i have an image how do i upload it?
On the Subsim page click on Community then Pictures & albums. Create an album to store your picture. Then post it using the yellow icon with the mountain and square in top right (Insert Image) in the new message toolbar.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-10, 04:11 PM   #4788
Capt Sinbad
Loader

Old 10-28-10, 04:14 PM   #4789
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

the user account you're using with XP is it an admin account or limited user account? What is your install path for the Silent Hunter 5 game?
Old 10-28-10, 04:21 PM   #4790
Capt Sinbad
Loader

there are no other accounts but mine.

the game is installed on c:/ubisoft/silent hunter etc
Old 10-28-10, 04:27 PM   #4791
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Sinbad View Post
there are no other accounts but mine.

the game is installed on c:/ubisoft/silent hunter etc
your user account I understand is the only account but is it an admin account or a limited user type account? IF you're using XP then you need to be on an admin account or the game (with my mod) needs to be ran under a user account that has admin privileges.
Old 10-28-10, 04:31 PM   #4792
Capt Sinbad
Loader

oh i see...how do i do that?
Old 10-29-10, 03:46 AM   #4793
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Maybe of some help?

Hi TDW and all the rest of you,
I see here it could all be a matter of possible misunderstanding.
1a. When you extract the downloaded NewUIs_TDC_4_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith (which contains many other MODS) there is (amongst others) the MOD by the Dark Wraith we're talking about here. Namely: NewUIs_TDC_4_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith
The structure of this MOD is:
NewUIs_TDC_4_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data (plus several sub/folders)
Amongst these subfolder you'll find the new options file by TheDarkWraith called:
NewUIs_TDC_4_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\scripts\menu \ TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py
This file (TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py) is where you can set all the options you want to do.
1b. Now - BEFORE copying the MOD into JSGME and/or applying this MOD you should paste the PATCH: NewUIs_TDC_v4_8_0_patch2.7z into the actual MOD: NewUIs_TDC_4_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith
2a. Here I think is where the funny thing is -
In the patch NewUIs_TDC_v4_8_0_patch2.7z you'll find a new NewUIs_TDC_4_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\scripts\menu \ TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py
I think this is where you should pay special attention, at least it was for me.
IF any settings have already been made in the \NewUIs_TDC_4_8_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\scripts\menu \ TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py in the MOD itself these ones will be overwritten when you paste the PATCH over the MOD.
In my case I at first didn't realize or expect the PATCH to contain a new TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py so it was necessary for me to set my options once more.
Maybe this can be of any help.
All my best regards AND ALL my gratitude to TheDarkWraith for all the work, devotion and skill given to bringing us this enhanced value of playing SH-5! Simply awesome.

Silent Steel
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 08:08 AM   #4794
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
In my case I at first didn't realize or expect the PATCH to contain a new TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py so it was necessary for me to set my options once more.
Did you use the included options migrater app to transfer your old options file to the new options file? I made it easy now to upgrade to new versions with this app because you don't have to edit the options file by hand anymore (except for the new additions to the options file and only if you want to change the default value)
Old 10-29-10, 08:31 AM   #4795
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Did you use the included options migrater app to transfer your old options file to the new options file? I made it easy now to upgrade to new versions with this app because you don't have to edit the options file by hand anymore (except for the new additions to the options file and only if you want to change the default value)
Hi
No I did not.
In this message I was just referring to a case where someone doesn't use the migration tool like I did.
Btw, so far I've made just one try to use the migration tool but I didn't succeed so I simply entered my settings in the options.py (I doesn't take much time to do).
I'll try to use it properly next time, promise.

I just found it funny that when I first (in the MOD's .py) set the XO box to be draggable and then after applying the patch I noticed that it wasn't anymore... Embarrasing.

One thing that thought of:
For patches to come - Is it necessary to include another options.py in the patch? Isn't there a chance that others, like me, get confused and mess this up?
Old 10-29-10, 09:26 AM   #4796
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Hi
No I did not.
In this message I was just referring to a case where someone doesn't use the migration tool like I did.
Btw, so far I've made just one try to use the migration tool but I didn't succeed so I simply entered my settings in the options.py (I doesn't take much time to do).
I'll try to use it properly next time, promise.

I just found it funny that when I first (in the MOD's .py) set the XO box to be draggable and then after applying the patch I noticed that it wasn't anymore... Embarrasing.

One thing that thought of:
For patches to come - Is it necessary to include another options.py in the patch? Isn't there a chance that others, like me, get confused and mess this up?
the reason why the options file is sometimes included in a patch is because it has changed from the base version. Now if I release another patch it has to be cumulative and therefore includes all changes from the prior patch(es). Thus is the reason why you see an options file in say patch 2,3, etc. I wrote the options migrater app to try and make the updating of the options file as painless as necessary. If it's not working correctly I need to know so I can fix it. What problems did you have with it?
Old 10-29-10, 10:22 AM   #4797
Capt Sinbad
Loader

Quote:
your user account I understand is the only account but is it an admin account or a limited user type account? IF you're using XP then you need to be on an admin account or the game (with my mod) needs to be ran under a user account that has admin privileges.
is there a way to make the mod work without admin priviliges? when my OS was installed no admin was added as far as i can tell
Old 10-29-10, 01:30 PM   #4798
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

The power of Automation still amazes me, and I made it With it, recursion, and my new tutorial addition you all will be able to make tutorials to explain/document/and inform. Here is a preview of the new tutorial feature of Automation (video quality isn't really that good but it's the point that it's making that is of value):
http://www.filefront.com/17449265/Au...rial-Test.avi/

Old 10-29-10, 04:02 PM   #4799
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

Quote:
The power of Automation still amazes me, and I made it With it, recursion, and my new tutorial addition you all will be able to make tutorials to explain/document/and inform. Here is a preview of the new tutorial feature of Automation (video quality isn't really that good but it's the point that it's making that is of value):
http://www.filefront.com/17449265/Au...rial-Test.avi/

The lesson, I feel it will be very good, and this lesson must be put in place to drain the lesson.
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 01:26 AM   #4800
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
the reason why the options file is sometimes included in a patch is because it has changed from the base version. Now if I release another patch it has to be cumulative and therefore includes all changes from the prior patch(es). Thus is the reason why you see an options file in say patch 2,3, etc. I wrote the options migrater app to try and make the updating of the options file as painless as necessary. If it's not working correctly I need to know so I can fix it. What problems did you have with it?
Good morning (it's morning here in Sweden)
After writing yesterday I realized my question was totally unnecessary and a really stupid. (Sorry)
As for the migration tool I last night tried to use it once again and didn't have any whatsoever problems. Works like a charm.
The problems were completely due to a faulty handling on my behalf. (Sorry again)

Please excuse me for causing you this extra work!
I should have understood that (since I as always consider your MODS to be the most reliable around here) that I should have paid more attention to how I was using it myself. (Terrible, I'm feeling like an idiot)

Thanks again for your hard work, quick answers and support.

My very best regards

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui